Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on, seriously?

We have an unedited high-def recording backed up numerous times and places. Bobby is just in the process of getting the run certified.

Lou Figueroa
I was told that it was stopped from the regular stream on purpose.
I should've known better than listen to this guy.
As much as I've seen of your and Bobby's post's and Bobby's announcements, I couldn't foresee anything underhanded going on.
My apologies to you and Bobby and I'll be looking for it to come out.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what’s so hard about sharing with us the exact corner pocket and side pocket specs, if you are really trying to be transparent? Mouth width, and either throat width or pocket facing angle - very simple!

If you guys are clueless as far as how to accurately take these measurements, I’m sure the table mechanic that altered these cushions/pockets knows exactly!

Lou, no one here is questioning the validity of Jayson‘s 714 ball run. Those of us here including myself who were lucky enough to witness a good bit of his FREE (greatly appreciated) live-streamed week long effort, including a good bit of his final session all know that Jason was playing unbelievably.

It would just be nice enough for those of us that are knowledgeable, to know the pocket specs of the table, so we can make some kind of determination in our minds as far as how the difficulty level of that run would compare to doing it on a diamond table, even if that would obviously be a very subjective opinion.

I have answered you on this so many times I will not do it again.

Lou Figueroa

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Yeah, thanks. I guess I must’ve missed that post, or was that your post basically telling us this would remain a tightly held secret, and how dare we ask?

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Not to mention that the photo with the calipers everyone is now having an aneurism over has been online since quite some time before SVB did the first session, and the people accusing Legends of only wanting to break Schmidt’s record (I don’t see why this is a problem to begin with, records are made to be broken no?) are only now brandishing pitchforks when the record seems to have been broken.

I think I just gave myself an aneurism.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to mention that the photo with the calipers everyone is now having an aneurism over has been online since quite some time before SVB did the first session, and the people accusing Legends of only wanting to break Schmidt’s record (I don’t see why this is a problem to begin with, records are made to be broken no?) are only now brandishing pitchforks when the record seems to have been broken.

Take another good look at that photo you’re referring to posted of the corner pocket with the calipers, showing 4.95” on the digital readout. If I knew how to copy and post it here I would, but I don’t.

Did you ever happen to notice that due to the angle that the photo was taken, likely intentionally, you can’t see past the calipers to see if that measurement is taken at the true mouth, or might have been taken from significantly inside the mouth, and no one would ever know? That photo reveals absoltely nothing definitive to me!

Last edited:

nympfisher

SEMI AMATURE
Silver Member
john still deserves credit here. i dont believe there would have been any interest without the record he put up .

telinoz

Registered
Nice clear measurements, no issues.
Forget the lack of global standards in pool vs snooker.
Organisors had 1 job.

Oh well.
Looks like another 2000 page thread will be the legacy.

ba1c2094a82d3dbe46f7bf94a01576d2.jpg

Last edited:

kanzzo

hobby player
Whatever, lol.

Not going to debate anyone based upon fantasy conspiracy theories.

Lou Figueroa

I studied psychology, I studied lying (in the context of picking up bluffs in poker). This reaction ^^ in combination with the following answer...
The caliper photo shows them at just a hair under 5".

Lou Figueroa
makes it very likely you were lying about the table specs the whole time. Studies in psychology show, people hate actually lying so they like to say the truth if this distracts from the honest answer. Like a player sitting on quads in poker will say "I am in the mood for some gamble, I never have full house" (no he doesn't, he has four of a kind, he beats every full house you might have).

Same here. Answering "your tables have 5 1/4'' pockets" with "photo is showing a hair under 5"

If you lied once you probably lied more, naively thinking nobody will find out. So (my impression is now) you (Legends organisators) have no integrity, wanted to spend some money to break the record from John Schmidt and you would have succeeded playing it fair. But you didn't believe you could find someone to break it on a fair equipment, so you cheated with your table to get the record broke. And now Jayson should sue you for the damage to his image, since he would have broken the record on regular 5'' GC but now he is part of your cheating community.

As long as you make an entertaining stream with players you invite from your money, you can make table specifications whatever you like. But if you want a new official world record, you shouldn't be cheating. And having the pockets bigger then 5 1/4'' but repeating in multiple threads over hundreds of posts that this is a 5'' GC goes beyond some small mistake in hiring an unable table mechanic.

As much as I was astonished by the perfomance of the invited players and Jayson in particular, I would strongly advise BCA to not approve this world record because of these mentioned willfull cheating to break the record of John Schmidt.

Last edited:

kanzzo

hobby player

the photo with the calipers was the only one we had before, so "innocent until proven guilty" we believed the pockets to be fair.

After his record run Jayson showed on video, how big the pockets actually were. Knowing the size of the pool balls now it's visible for everyone that Lou gave us wrong information before. And now it makes sense to make such a big deal of not sharing the table specifications. Because even Lou and Bobby don't believe 5 1/4'' pockets to be fair.

I totally agree, that records are made to be broken. And I have no problem with going for it (either yourself or inviting talented players to do it sponsoring it with your money). I have a problem with Frankenstein tables with 7 '' pockets (this is where this is heading if not stopped).

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the photo with the calipers was the only one we had before, so "innocent until proven guilty" we believed the pockets to be fair.

After his record run Jayson showed on video, how big the pockets actually were. Knowing the size of the pool balls now it's visible for everyone that Lou gave us wrong information before. And now it makes sense to make such a big deal of not sharing the table specifications. Because even Lou and Bobby don't believe 5 1/4'' pockets to be fair.
We can thank Jayson for having the integrity to show us even if no one else did. The horse is now out of the barn and it will be interesting to see how the organizer’s damage control strategy plays out at this point.

I guess we’ll soon find out whether this AZ Billiards forum has any influence at all among the power players in the pool world.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, digital calipers don't say very much in a photo. i use a vernier caliper more often than a digital in my carpentry and welding projects nowadays. no need for battery or reset. i guess the resetting is the issue here.
No, look again at the photo. It’s a matter of setting the caliper inner points precisely on both mouth points in order to take an accurate measurement. Can you honestly confirm that is the case in this photo? It’s simple, if you’re not intentionally looking to deceive your audience.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, look again at the photo. It’s knowing where to set the didital calipers precisely on both mouth points in order to take an accurate measurement. Can you honestly confirm that is the case in this photo? It’s simple, if you’re not intentionally looking to deceive your audience.

it's also displaying an inch > 10 cm

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was told that it was stopped from the regular stream on purpose.
I should've known better than listen to this guy.
As much as I've seen of your and Bobby's post's and Bobby's announcements, I couldn't foresee anything underhanded going on.
My apologies to you and Bobby and I'll be looking for it to come out.
Absolutely not true. The video was NEVER stopped at anytime. Please refer to our official statement that Lou posted up and also on Our Fb page The legends of Pocket Billiards. There will be no replies to anything else for now

telinoz

Registered