Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

gerryf

Maybe in the excitement of the moment that was said, I don’t recall that, but OK, maybe.

In any case, I just talked all of this over for quite awhile with Bobby at the DCC and I am comfortable that what we represented is accurate. If I wasn’t, I would walk away from the event.

Lou Figueroa
From the Legends Facebook page.

"Jayson is on a great run and our Facebook went down around an hour ago. No worries it's recording on our system and we will be able to post up the run later today. It's 720am and he is on 21 racks."

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard that it was the stream that was stopped, not the video. The rumour is that if it looked like there was a record about to be set, the stream would stop so the video could be behind a paywall.

When the stream stopped, Bobby said the video would be posted later that day, then it turned out that no, the video wouldn't be posted after all, as they wanted to set up a pay system for it.

But there wasn't a clear statement of what was going on. More of that transparency.
The video stream was not stopped and we had no idea Jason was gonna break any records. After he broke a record my commitee decided to secure the video to protect Jayson. Rumors are Terrible and speculation also. So that's our final statement for now. Thanks for all your hard work posting stats Gerry. Any further comments will be posted to our Facebook page The Legends of Pocket Billiards. Thanks again Gerry.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Lou, but you’re not talking to a novice here as far as this topic. I’ve spent the last 25 years in our poolroom researching pocket mouth widths and pocket facing angles, and 25 years witnessing Ernesto Dominguez make adjustments to our pockets to get them exactly as we want them for our current various skill levels of our clientele. Jayson’s photo tells me all I need to know.

That’s fine but you’re not talking to a novice on the issue of credibility.

And as close as I can tell that’s not a photo it’s a screen capture. I’ve also played on tables Ernesto has worked on so I have experience with those too.

Lastly, you can believe what you want. I know what I know ;-)

Lou Figueroa

telinoz

Registered
It’s a private club so probably not.

Of course you knew that.

Lou Figueroa
everyone here
seems to know
everything
I did not know it was a private club as I had not read up about the venue. So, don't make assumptions.

Interesting point though, now I know. So are you saying that nobody deemed to be a 3rd party could inspect the table? What about a BCA rep, if they were in the area?

I would not be in this position, as I would have let people inspect, got measurements done and cleared up any doubt about the equipment based on all the fuss over previous records. I would have requested a BCA rep to inspect as well to prempt a ratification submission later.
I am proactive that way.

I have read the threads on these records over the years, it really was not hard to work out a plan to avoid controversy and the naysayers.
Players turn up, they have a crack and whatever result happens people would focus on the effort and there would be no drama.

I guess this basic lack of ability to get simple things done right is why pool is stuck in the weeds as Snooker shows the way, 3 cushion carom also has no drama.

soyale

i just don't see what anybody has to gain with any of this. the pockets are obvious; why are we still talking about facings? the more you try to make these guys "feel bad" or whatever, the less validity any of the claims have it just comes off as a desperate attempt to undermine what they have done. and on the other side, the more you talk about how you don't care about what anyone thinks, the less likely that appears to be the case. tighten up boys. show some class for pools sake.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to clarify: Bobby does not speak for me.

When I took this on he told me I have a completely free hand here, it’s one of the reasons I took this gig : -)

I did not know it was a private club as I had not read up about the venue. So, don't make assumptions.

Interesting point though, now I know. So are you saying that nobody deemed to be a 3rd party could inspect the table? What about a BCA rep, if they were in the area?

I would not be in this position, as I would have let people inspect, got measurements done and cleared up any doubt about the equipment based on all the fuss over previous records. I would have requested a BCA rep to inspect as well to prempt a ratification submission later.
I am proactive that way.

I have read the threads on these records over the years, it really was not hard to work out a plan to avoid controversy and the naysayers.
Players turn up, they have a crack and whatever result happens people would focus on the effort and there would be no drama.

I guess this basic lack of ability to get simple things done right is why pool is stuck in the weeds as Snooker shows the way, 3 cushion carom also has no drama.

If you had kept up with the discussion you’d know but you preferred to just drop in — that’s fine, but moves like that are another reason there are problems with pool — people shooting off their mouths without knowing what they’re talking about.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin’

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And as close as I can tell that’s not a photo it’s a screen capture.
Lou Figueroa
Really, you’re claiming that the difference between an overhead screen shot and an overhead photo is the reason the pockets appear bigger than they are? If the 2 balls weren’t sitting well inside the pocket mouth in the screen shot you might get away with this excuse.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, you’re claiming that the difference between an overhead screen shot and an overhead photo is the reason the pockets appear bigger than they are? If the 2 balls weren’t sitting well inside the pocket mouth in the screen shot you might get away with this excuse.

I’m not claiming anything, you are.

Lou Figueroa

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At what point will the free stream be stopped in the future if the new record of 714 is threatened,
in order to protect that players financial interests? 525, 625, 700, or maybe stop it at 713?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not claiming anything, you are.

Lou Figueroa
Ok Lou, let’s take a rest on this for now. I really don’t know why you guys are so afraid to release the specs. The 714 run is not in question, but everyone, especially those that are planning to attempt to beat this record (and there are only a select handful that could) have a right to know they are playing on a level playing field - a table with identical specs - preferably this very table, unaltered except for new cloth!

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Lou, let’s take a rest on this for now. I really don’t know why you guys are so afraid to release the specs. The 714 run is not in question, but everyone, especially those that are planning to attempt to beat this record (and there are only a select handful that could) have a right to know they are playing on a level playing field - a table with identical specs - preferably this very table, unaltered except for new cloth!

I don’t believe, in this sport, anyone has a “right” to anything.

If we had a “right,” we’d know all the specs of Mosconi’s table, Schmidt’s table, how about any other pool record out there?

We do not. There has never been any demonstrable “right” for anything.

Lou Figueroa

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I don’t know if this has been answered yet, but I guess the important question is, are the full specs being provided to the BCA?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

If we had a “right,” we’d know all the specs of Mosconi’s table, Schmidt’s table, how about any other pool record out there?

Lou Figueroa

understood, however, the point is what's the "RIGHT" thing to do

i don't see merit in compounding "WRONG", i don't think you do either

Sincerely, adam

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
OK, your last post makes it very clear what your guys future intentions are, if you can’t even agree to my last statement. Very sad. Jayson Shaw certainly deserves better than to have gotten dragged in to this.

For some of those who may have thought John Schmidt’s effort was a little fishy, you guys have managed to make John look squeaky clean by comparison!

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
imagine if the way we acted on the internet translated into real life. a bunch of avid pool fans all gathered around the derby to celebrate pool and some of you guys just walked up to some of those guys and started yelling and screaming about the dimensions of their pockets. what a funny world we live in.
Funny thing is circus pool tables only come in one singular, special event tables! Not a tournament room filled with them, so your comment has absolutely no merit.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, your last post makes it very clear what your guys future intentions are, if you can’t even agree to my last statement. Very sad. Jayson Shaw certainly deserves better than to have gotten dragged in to this.

For some of those who may have thought John Schmidt’s effort was a little fishy, you guys have managed to make John look squeaky clean by comparison!

I’m sorry we made you sad.

Lou Figueroa

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now you’re just proving yourself to be a troll.

Lou Figueroa
For asking a legitimate question?
In post #345 I quoted this from Bobby, "My stream is free, it will always remain free, so you can watch it all you want, share it all you want."
And now I'm proving to be a troll for asking how far the next stream will go if the 714 record looks to be approached.
Come on Lou.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sorry we made you sad.

Lou Figueroa
Lou, I’m passionate about our sport and have enjoyed this debate, but I’ve obviously been neglecting other tasks I need to do this evening, Now that RKC is back to fight the good fight - I’m signing off.

And yes, I am sad that I am not at the Derby - I’ve always wanted to go, but running a poolroom is a demanding lifestyle!