Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let's all hope we get back to some sense of normalcy on all of this high run stuff. Someone mentioned that they thought a lot of rotation players will now take up 14.1 bc of all the hype from the Hi - Run-- Well-- wait until they get on their pool room 9 foot Diamond pro tables and figure out that they can't run 2 racks - we shall see how fast they run away from 14.1. The game is no where close to being as easy as it looked on this most recent challenge on Facebook.

I have long said that the reason Willie Mosconi was so valuable to Brunswick is that he made it look so easy that anyone could buy a table and start running racks! I watched old video of Willie when he was "on". Very very few shots over thirty inches total, cue ball to object ball to pocket. I don't remember him pocketing a ball that day that the average bar room banger couldn't pocket. The other side of that coin is that John and Jane Doe watching wouldn't see the magic of that run. Anyone could see the magic of Efren, the less flamboyant magic of Willie could slip right by those that didn't play pool.

I never played straight pool but sometimes after matching up with someone for an hour or three their young lady would come up to me, "That wasn't fair, you got all the easy shots!" "Yes ma'am, it goes that way sometimes."

Hu

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take 100-has to be his next try which i realize could be over several days.
Booked, no bet if less than 4 full days. That cool?

Full day is say 7 hours?

Just trying to give him enough time to make it a solid attempt to protect my bet.

I’ll listen you any idea you have. Just a fun sweat bet.

I’m betting that a guy will break a 50 year old record with 28 hours(on the low or 4 days full days-if he plays longer then it’s the day count) of attempts…..

Maybe I like your side, but I’ll still be he does. I just need a fair amount of time. I believe in him and he isn’t going there to waste time.

All in good fun, please lmk.

Thx
Fatboy🤠<———-skipping his GA meeting today

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Booked, no bet if less than 4 full days. That cool?

Full day is say 7 hours?

Just trying to give him enough time to make it a solid attempt to protect my bet.

I’ll listen you any idea you have. Just a fun sweat bet.

I’m betting that a guy will break a 50 year old record with 28 hours(on the low or 4 days full days-if he plays longer then it’s the day count) of attempts…..

Maybe I like your side, but I’ll still be he does. I just need a fair amount of time. I believe in him and he isn’t going there to waste time.

All in good fun, please lmk.

Thx
Fatboy🤠<———-skipping his GA meeting today

Not sure i follow all that- are you saying the bet is over after 28 hours of play? this is the part i dont get

28 hours(on the low or 4 days full days-if he plays longer then it’s the day count

U know what-no bet-too much room for confusion and im not counting hours

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure i follow all that- are you saying the bet is over after 28 hours of play? this is the part i dont get

28 hours(on the low or 4 days full days-if he plays longer then it’s the day count

U know what-no bet-too much room for confusion and im not counting hours
I agree, let’s have fun with no action

Best
Fstboy

Enjoy the show, it’s great for pool! Big high runs or not-it’s a win for everyone

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Throughout my 70 years -- since 1952 at age 16 -- of being ridiculously addicted to my beloved Straight Pool, bottom line for me has always been the sheer, almost god-like fascinating skill and beauty on display when a born 14.1 master like Willie, John Schmidt, Ruslan, and now Jayson -- gets in that automaton zone where rack-after-rack, their short-position play is dead-on perfect, and the stroke to get micro-accurate on the break ball is dazzling (and hugely instructive) to behold.

Then we addicts, later set up the situations we viewed, and benefit from -- by repetition -- trying to emulate those micro-positioning strokes. What could be better for continual improvement of your 14.1 game, than such exemplars as role models?

Arnaldo ~ Still crazy about this particular game after all these years. Hope St. Peter or Moses has an eternally-durable table waiting for me, about 20 years (or more) from now.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willie Hoppe is the headliner, I hear, can you dig that?
I heard he had said that his idea of Heaven, was "just one big pool table in the sky"!
More likely a 3C table would be Heaven for him. I've heard he's played some, a time or two ;)

Arnaldo

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For Review only:
Since I don't have much else to do during the pandemic, I extracted Mosconi's World Championship winning performances from Charlie Ursitti's records. ...
Here's the thread in which that list was originally posted by Bob Jewett about a year and a half ago. The thread has some additional information of interest.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

this time have him do it in a pool room with diamond regulation tables. with the public allowed to watch. then we would have nothing to argue about.
and he can rightly say he has broken and made a true worlds record.
Ya, what he said. Except not on a piece of shit Diamond. And you should fly us all up there to watch. Cuz if I didn't see it live it never happened. And you must have some rum. Not that shitty Bacardi crap either. Good sipping rum. Oh, and as long as we are telling you how to run your shit there Damn well better be some stone crabs. And fish dip. Wait, I will bring the fish dip- no one makes better. And don't forget the F'ing cigars. If you get that all set up there's a really good chance we can all agree on whatever the hell it is we are disagreeing about. I can always bring some wine to help mediate any issues that come up. PM me when it's all set up, I'm fishing tomorrow so the dip will be fresh.​

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, what he said. Except not on a piece of shit Diamond. And you should fly us all up there to watch. Cuz if I didn't see it live it never happened. And you must have some rum. Not that shitty Bacardi crap either. Good sipping rum. Oh, and as long as we are telling you how to run your shit there Damn well better be some stone crabs. And fish dip. Wait, I will bring the fish dip- no one makes better. And don't forget the F'ing cigars. If you get that all set up there's a really good chance we can all agree on whatever the hell it is we are disagreeing about. I can always bring some wine to help mediate any issues that come up. PM me when it's all set up, I'm fishing tomorrow so the dip will be fresh.​

You forgot the "pros" for us to play with during breaks and I do not mean pool players. o_O o_O o_O