Stats -- Orcollo vs. Van Boening 9-Ball Race to 120, October 2020

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, PB, it's amazing how many individual shots we could point to and say that's the one that determined winning or losing. Of course, it was a passel of great shots, blunders, good and bad rolls, etc. that all added up to the final score.

As for those last 2 balls, weren't you a bit surprised how quickly Dennis shot the 9-ball after the near scratch on the 8?
Yes, amazingly quick. Like he didn’t want to stop to think about how he’d almost scratched on the previous shot, and just wanted to get the final shot over with before any negative thoughts had a chance to enter his mind.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Yeah, PB, it's amazing how many individual shots we could point to and say that's the one that determined winning or losing. Of course, it was a passel of great shots, blunders, good and bad rolls, etc. that all added up to the final score.

As for those last 2 balls, weren't you a bit surprised how quickly Dennis shot the 9-ball after the near scratch on the 8?

I was joking, of course, but I will say this: The only difference between the 8 ball and all those other shots is that all those other shots had already been played, and the score was still tied at hill-hill.

We would be conjecturing largely if we singled out some error from earlier in the match and said "If that hadn't happened, so-and-so would have won." The near-scratch on the 8-ball we can be pretty much certain about though. He didn't scratch, and then he made the 9 and won the match. And if he had scratched, Shane would have BIH on the 9 to win the match.

Absolutely I was surprised at how fast he shot the 9. I was also surprised at how confident he seemed to be that he wasn't going to scratch, even as the cueball traveled toward the side pocket and he stepped back to give it some body English to keep it out of the pocket.