Steam Gun

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You can probably find them at Wal Mart.

You can contact Chris Hightower. I believe he did have a few left.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am out of stock (maybe permanently)
Try ebay.
Procter Sylex Fabric Steamer.
or Conair Fabric Steamer.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I now use an electric tea kettle with a piece of aluminum foil on the spout with 1 hole in it. They heat-up faster and there are no water lines to clog like the personal steamers can. And they're cheaper too. If you do buy a garment steamer, I recomend distilled water and empty it when done. I went thru 3 of those from KMart in about 2 years. They worked great until they sit for a bit and the water evaporates and leaves mineral deposits in the feed tubes and such. It was a B%$#@ to clean and then they still ended up clogging again. At $25-$30 each compared to 1 tea kettle....To me it's a no-brainer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Presto-Electric-Tea-Kettle/5969533
Dave

olsonsview

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use an electric soldering gun

... with a flat blade tip installed. It is one of those two heat position WEN guns that were common a few years ago. It heats almost instantly. Just use a folded piece of paper towel, maybe start with a 1 inch by 4 inch piece and fold it in half twice to make a square, then soak it with water. Pin pric the bottom of the dent with a glass headed pin and then lay a corner on the towel on the divot and apply the warmed up soldering gun tip to the spot. It works like a charm, and no need to fool with a steamer, or tea kettle. I tried all those other ways and now would never go back to them ever !
PS: i made a loop of solid #12 electrical wire to hold down the trigger while I am working on the dents to keep the gun warmed up. Then just slide the loop off the trigger when done, until the next time you need to remove dents. Hope that helps?
PPS: I would love to sell my steam gun !

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... with a flat blade tip installed. It is one of those two heat position WEN guns that were common a few years ago. It heats almost instantly. Just use a folded piece of paper towel, maybe start with a 1 inch by 4 inch piece and fold it in half twice to make a square, then soak it with water. Pin pric the bottom of the dent with a glass headed pin and then lay a corner on the towel on the divot and apply the warmed up soldering gun tip to the spot. It works like a charm, and no need to fool with a steamer, or tea kettle. I tried all those other ways and now would never go back to them ever !
PS: i made a loop of solid #12 electrical wire to hold down the trigger while I am working on the dents to keep the gun warmed up. Then just slide the loop off the trigger when done, until the next time you need to remove dents. Hope that helps?
PPS: I would love to sell my steam gun !

Sherm of Sherm Cues showed me a way of creating steam in a very localized area almost instantly over 20 years ago. It takes only 5 - 10 seconds to remove a dent as long as the wood fibers haven't been cut. I've removed literally 10's of thousands of dents in this manner over the years. There is no pots and pans, steamers or heat guns involved. I'm sure Sherm will read this and If Sherm wants to inform others I'll let him do it as he was my source.

Dick

Last edited:

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I now use an electric tea kettle with a piece of aluminum foil on the spout with 1 hole in it. They heat-up faster and there are no water lines to clog like the personal steamers can. And they're cheaper too. If you do buy a garment steamer, I recomend distilled water and empty it when done. I went thru 3 of those from KMart in about 2 years. They worked great until they sit for a bit and the water evaporates and leaves mineral deposits in the feed tubes and such. It was a B%$#@ to clean and then they still ended up clogging again. At $25-$30 each compared to 1 tea kettle....To me it's a no-brainer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Presto-Electric-Tea-Kettle/5969533
Dave

I suppose I can see mineral deposits being a possible issue, so Maybe It depends on the model, but I've had my steamer for probably 6 -7 years or more and It's never clogged on Me, but then I never leave water in It when not in use. I usually leave Mine on until It all evaporates.Probably not good for the heating element, but It hasn't burned out yet. I have gotten My money back out of it, and seen quite a bit of return on top of that, so If It died on me now I would have no issue purchasing another.

Like with many other things, nothing is set in stone, there are many ways to skin that pooty tat, so the important thing is that whatever we do use, that It works well for us. What I have works for me, and I have only ever bought the 1 steamer, and that one still works, so I stick with It, although I can't say I would not be open to trying something different if the way i do things now was not to work anymore or if I thought changing would offer better results.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
http://www.scunci-steam-cleaner.com/

I've been using this one regularly for 3-4 years and have never had any issues. It's portable and reliable. I've taken it to tourneys and league nights to remove dents on the spot. With the smallest nozzle it works great for dents. And it's powerful enough to use for larger stuff around the house and for cleaning automotive stuff as well. Steam works wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just lightly sand the dent to remove the sealer, put a drop of water on it and then hold a folded up paper towel on the cue and spin it in the lathe till you see the steam, rinse and repeat if needed.
Been removing them like that for years.