Sterling Wave Case Review

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
Once I received my 3x4 case I was in a hurry to stuff it asap....mistake.

Had ahellofa time removing my break butt once it was full. But once I removed it, put it back in, I have no issues at all. Couldn't be more pleased with this case.

Last edited:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I want to hear from Wave case owners

Yesterday, I received a quote for a cue that I just can not pass up, and I had already planned having a cue made next year when my pension kicks in. One is a player, and the other will be my dream cue, so the bottom line is it looks like I will be getting 2 new cues when I can afford it.

This causes me to have to be looking to getting a 4 x 8 case, and I am interested in the Wave 4 x 8 (brown and tan). What I want to know is this, I am 5'7", and if I use the backpack straps on the Wave case if it will hit the back of my legs when I walk (I would find that annoying). Everything else about the case seems satisfactory though, and the price is right.

Oh, and does the long pocket on the case have a seperate place for a jump butt, because I am considering getting a seperate jump cue again?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yesterday, I received a quote for a cue that I just can not pass up, and I had already planned having a cue made next year when my pension kicks in. One is a player, and the other will be my dream cue, so the bottom line is it looks like I will be getting 2 new cues when I can afford it.

This causes me to have to be looking to getting a 4 x 8 case, and I am interested in the Wave 4 x 8 (brown and tan). What I want to know is this, I am 5'7", and if I use the backpack straps on the Wave case if it will hit the back of my legs when I walk (I would find that annoying). Everything else about the case seems satisfactory though, and the price is right.

Oh, and does the long pocket on the case have a seperate place for a jump butt, because I am considering getting a seperate jump cue again?

you need to measure the length from your shoulders to the back of your legs to answer that question
i would guess the case is at least 32 inches
yes there is a jump cue pouch inside the big pocket
my jump cue (lomax) the butt (2 peices ) wont fit in the pouch
the short part of the butt will
i have a sleeve to put the butt into which i place in my case (4x8)
pm me if you have questions

Geometric

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my 4x8 wave case last Friday and I cannot be happier.

The case is really solid, but light weight. I was using a 3x6 INSTROKE and it was very heavy.

The interior is absolutely awesome. I have had 3 INSTROKE cases 2 VINCENTORE'S and several others. They do not even come close to the quality of my new WAVE case.

I would recommend this case to anybody that doesn't have alot of money sitting around for a custom.

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my 4x8 wave case last Friday and I cannot be happier.

The case is really solid, but light weight. I was using a 3x6 INSTROKE and it was very heavy.

The interior is absolutely awesome. I have had 3 INSTROKE cases 2 VINCENTORE'S and several others. They do not even come close to the quality of my new WAVE case.

I would recommend this case to anybody that doesn't have alot of money sitting around for a custom.

Yours, and the many other very positive comments about the Wave cases has me definitely considering buying one, especially since I'm going to be buying a new case in the next couple of weeks anyway. The one thing, I'm wondering about, however, (and hoping you can answer since you've had experience with so many cases), is about the interior of the case. The wave cases have dividers, whereas many other cases have tubes (in which the butts and shafts are stored within the case). Is the divider in the wave case better and/or more protective than the tube inserts?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The one thing, I'm wondering about, however, (and hoping you can answer since you've had experience with so many cases), is about the interior of the case. The wave cases have dividers, whereas many other cases have tubes (in which the butts and shafts are stored within the case). Is the divider in the wave case better and/or more protective than the tube inserts?

Most tube-style cases, the cues rattle around inside of the tubes. With the divider-style case, particularly the Wave case, the padding is soft and they don't rattle around at all. In fact, if the case is full of butts/shafts, it takes a little saavy to remove them (see the John Barton YouTube video on loading/unloading a Wave case).

I've had a pretty good variety of different brands of cases over the years, and the Wave case innards is my all-time favorite.

Maniac

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most tube-style cases, the cues rattle around inside of the tubes. With the divider-style case, particularly the Wave case, the padding is soft and they don't rattle around at all. In fact, if the case is full of butts/shafts, it takes a little saavy to remove them (see the John Barton YouTube video on loading/unloading a Wave case).

I've had a pretty good variety of different brands of cases over the years, and the Wave case innards is my all-time favorite.

Maniac

My cases have tubes on the inside and one my cues moved around too much in each of them. So, thanks to the comments from you and others here about the Wave cases, I'm going to try one. I'm going to get the 3x4 one, which should be ideal for what I'll need to carry in it.