Stolen Cues & Case Alert! (Phoenix AZ)

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for items in vehicles, not much you can do but hide them away & keep the vehicle locked. Obviously anything of value shouldnt be kept in the car. In this case hindsight is 20/20.

As for around the house 8 to 16 cameras minimum is my standard.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to add something to this thread.
Years ago when I was an avid golfer I was told that thieves would watch golfers leaving the course and note where they put their clubs.
They would look for people that put them on the back and then follow them hoping they would make a stop some where and they would steal them.
Always lock them in the trunk.
Sadly with so many people driving SUV's the trunk has disappeared.
YES to this. Our SUV has a roll-out cover over the storage area which makes seeing in impossible.

BUT READ ON!
I watched a news channel documenting all the auto break ins in San Francisco recently. It is SO BAD there that one person interviewed stated there car had been broken into multiple times with nothing in it.. Not a thing was visible but they smashed the window and looked anyway. Apparently the liberal prosecutors have given crime a break so the criminals have no worries about getting caught, arrested or prosecuted there..

The whole idea is to give them NO REASON to think anything of value is in your car. WHICH is why I keep my Little Beater. It is a 98 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder, gray. It has been in 5 accidents while my daughter was learning to drive. Has duct tape holding some items together and looks like a beater. Got 240,000 miles and keeps on running. No one thinks I have anything worth more than 5 bucks in Little Beater including me!!! LOL

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife and I moved recently from south Florida to Phoenix area. Just as I was starting to get in the pool circuit here (got placed at a recent chip tournament too!) my cues and case were stolen from my car.
[edit] Car was in an enclosed garage in my apartment complex.
SPR: You'll likely end up buying new cues and case. And your decision at that point will be: "I'll never leave mine in the car again when I'm in the apartment . . . I'll be sure to bring them inside where they're much safer."
So that's the valuable lesson you've given to yourself and other players in the same living circumstances. Small comfort, but at least know that something productive and positive for yourself and not least, plenty of others who -- now enlightened -- won't suffer as you so-understandably are presently.

Arnaldo ~ I do know it's human nature for some readers to react with "Oh, so now the drug addict/thief who insanely needs cash for his habit, breaks in and steals the re-sellable goods at gunpoint." That's about a zero percent scenario.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t stand it when I hear about stolen cues.

For most people a cue is a very personal item, that usually means more than just the price it costs.

Stealing someone’s cues is about the lowest move there is. Of all the things I own, losing my cues would be the worst feeling.

Hope you can find them. The pawn shop thing is good advice, lots of work to follow up on, but still worth the effort and I know a few guys over the years who have recovered their cues.

Good luck,

Feel bad for ya

Fatboy

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm going to post the same advice that I gave to a friend. It won't help you in this theft, but may help prevent a future loss. If you have cues that are meaningful or high end, consider putting a tracker such as Tile or Apple Air Tag in your cue case. They're like $25-$30 a piece.
I just ordered a 4 pack

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
YES to this. Our SUV has a roll-out cover over the storage area which makes seeing in impossible.

BUT READ ON!
I watched a news channel documenting all the auto break ins in San Francisco recently. It is SO BAD there that one person interviewed stated there car had been broken into multiple times with nothing in it.. Not a thing was visible but they smashed the window and looked anyway. Apparently the liberal prosecutors have given crime a break so the criminals have no worries about getting caught, arrested or prosecuted there..

The whole idea is to give them NO REASON to think anything of value is in your car. WHICH is why I keep my Little Beater. It is a 98 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder, gray. It has been in 5 accidents while my daughter was learning to drive. Has duct tape holding some items together and looks like a beater. Got 240,000 miles and keeps on running. No one thinks I have anything worth more than 5 bucks in Little Beater including me!!! LOL
Knew a guy in Phila....left doors unlocked with glove compartment open and empty. Some dick broke the window anyway. We need more jails

Pool Hand Luke

At one point I had to make little signs that I taped to my car windows that said "No valuables inside car" as thieves were breaking in to steal stereos in the early 90s. I went so far as to put a fake kleenex box over the face of my stereo. Once I moved out of the city it was no longer a problem.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm going to post the same advice that I gave to a friend. It won't help you in this theft, but may help prevent a future loss. If you have cues that are meaningful or high end, consider putting a tracker such as Tile or Apple Air Tag in your cue case. They're like $25-$30 a piece.
real smart, good thinking !!

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stop sticky fingers

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to add something to this thread.
Years ago when I was an avid golfer I was told that thieves would watch golfers leaving the course and note where they put their clubs.
They would look for people that put them on the back and then follow them hoping they would make a stop some where and they would steal them.
Always lock them in the trunk.
Sadly with so many people driving SUV's the trunk has disappeared.

For the most part, it's all about the smash and grab. I constantly leave my phone, car keys, etc on my front seat when going inside a gas station (to pick up chicks) but I will cover them with a hat or something else.

It's not that I'm trusting it's more of a "I really don't care". If they steal it from me then they apparently needed it more than I did and I'll just replace it. As far as debit card fraud - I never hide my pin, who cares, someone's going to steal your money? Call the bank tell them what happened verify your last transactions and get your money back.

That being said - if I lived in a place like LA (which sadly, Boise is starting to look that way with all the CA rejects coming here) I would lock everything down.

Grimper

This is a great idea. I'm going to go order an Apple Air Tag right now.

Thanks, yeah I thought about that too. I’m usually quite careful with my cues, but who would’ve thought a covered garage would get broken into!
I doubt that his car was in a "one car" enclosure ...

One of his "neighbors" and/or "neighbors friends" pulled off the heist!

I lived in that area about 20 years ago [for one year and then "escaped" back to the west coast]. I'm sure things have gotten worse [the whole world has gotten worse and is still moving in. that direction] but it was already just a part of "Phoenix" [the land of hookerz, thievez and azzholez ...]

Just sayin' ...

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Someone stole my phone out of the pool hall where I had foolishly put it down to play a match. The guys in the IT department at my work tracked it to an apartment building in a bad part of town. I was all set to load up and go down there but the IT guy talked me out of going on an apartment by apartment search and said he could permanently disable the phone. So that is what we did, and I am still alive today. So being able to track the location of stolen cues may help you find them but introduce some danger in your life you may not want to deal with.

Pamela83

Registered
My wife and I moved recently from south Florida to Phoenix area. Just as I was starting to get in the pool circuit here (got placed at a recent chip tournament too!) my cues and case were stolen from my car.

[edit] Car was in an enclosed garage in my apartment complex. I live in central Phoenix, near the Biltmore area. Time of incident likely between 5:30pm April 20 to 7:30pm April 21. The cues were not conspicuous, but someone with a flashlight could have likely seen them inside. [/edit]

The case was a beautiful Vincitore brown leatherette case with APA patches on the top pocket. Cues stolen were a Viking A681 and Viking siege 12.25 CF shaft, my beloved Mezz Power Break G (with the sports grip!) and a PureX HXT30. I am attaching photos for reference. I would highly appreciate if anyone has any information in case these come up for sale when the scumbag tries to sell them. Especially the Mezz because it is out of stock pretty much everywhere. The Viking is a discontinued model and would be easy to identify with the mirror and abalone inlays.

This sucks!!!!! 😭😭
You can contact me here or on 954-505-0773 directly. Hate to post my phone number on a fairly public forum but I want to get my cues back!!!
Police report is already filed and I’ll be checking pawn shops nearby. Thanks in advance!
-Raj
I hate a thief; I hope you get your cues back. They probably stole your cues for the Mezz Power Break G cue. How did the Mezz Power Break G break by the way?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I doubt that his car was in a "one car" enclosure ...

One of his "neighbors" and/or "neighbors friends" pulled off the heist!

I lived in that area about 20 years ago [for one year and then "escaped" back to the west coast]. I'm sure things have gotten worse [the whole world has gotten worse and is still moving in. that direction] but it was already just a part of "Phoenix" [the land of hookerz, thievez and azzholez ...]

Just sayin' ...
Sorry to have lost you. Not everyone has the same experience as you describe.

LG9BallFan

I am sorry for your loss and have no time for thieves. I live and play in Sun City at their rec centers. We are all old retired guys in SC and stuff like this don't happen there. I am interested in any other places to play pool in the Phoenix area others reading your thread may know of.

Again, sorry for your loss. I travel often with valuables in the back of my SUV. Always throw a jacket or something else over them to hide them from prying , thieving eyes. I also have my name engraved on my cues when I buy them. I don't intend on selling any of them, perhaps a shaft or two , at some point, so don't worry about my name on them lessening their resale value.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am sorry for your loss and have no time for thieves. I live and play in Sun City at their rec centers. We are all old retired guys in SC and stuff like this don't happen there. I am interested in any other places to play pool in the Phoenix area others reading your thread may know of.

Again, sorry for your loss. I travel often with valuables in the back of my SUV. Always throw a jacket or something else over them to hide them from prying , thieving eyes. I also have my name engraved on my cues when I buy them. I don't intend on selling any of them, perhaps a shaft or two , at some point, so don't worry about my name on them lessening their resale value.
West Side: Jicky Jacks, Metro, Bullshooters.

East Side: Jester's, Main Street, Skip and Jan's, Mills Modern.

I bolded the best ones for you.