Strawberry Memorial One-Pocket Tournament Results

JAM

I am the storm
Silver Member
Local players in the D.C. area know Illir. I remember him when he was practicing hard every day, hoping to develop his game. Well, on December 20th at Quball pool room in Maryland, Illir won the whole shebang.

Check out this incredibly cool article written on OnePocket.org: 2010 Melvin "Strawberry" Brooks Memorial One-Pocket Tournament.

The tournament attracted some of the area's diehard one-hole lovers. There was even a lady competitor, none other than Kim Jones. :)

Strawberry was a strong D.C. player who loved action, and one-pocket was his game.

Read the above article and check out the cool pool pics on the wall. Now, that's a pool room, by golly, a *real* pool room.

For the cue lovers, check out this custom-made Black Boar of Strawberry's. Ain't that a beauty! :cool:
 

Attachments

  • L1040633-straw-cue-web[1].jpg
    L1040633-straw-cue-web[1].jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
I still smile every time I see this picture of Illir, grinning from ear to ear, with his left paw snatching the cheese. :grin:

That's Strawberry's son on the left, Illir in the middle, and the owner of the pool room, Larry Steele, on the right. :)
 

Attachments

  • L1040826-web[1].jpg
    L1040826-web[1].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
I took this picture of Strawberry about a year before he passed. I had not seen him in a while. We were attending a local regional tour tournament, and in walks Strawberry. He marched right over and sat down next to me on the rail. We chatted the night away.

The pool room was getting ready to close, and my partner wanted to engage in a game of stakes, so we decided to move to another pool room nearby that would keep it open for action.

Strawberry wanted to go, too. We all piled in our cars and traveled to the next pool room. It was like a convoy of pool folk. It was kind of cool. :cool:

Strawberry was dressed in color-coordinated outfit and hat that matched his Cadillac SUV. He looked quite sharp. :wink:

I was fortunate to talk to him for hours the entire night, sweating an action game my partner got involved in. He had a strong faith in his higher power that he shared with me. I will always remember Strawberry for his pool prowess, but he was also my friend. :smiling-heart:
 

Attachments

  • Keith-Falcon-Fast Eddie's-Alexandria 030.JPG
    Keith-Falcon-Fast Eddie's-Alexandria 030.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 352
I took this picture of Strawberry about a year before he passed. I had not seen him in a while. We were attending a local regional tour tournament, and in walks Strawberry. He marched right over and sat down next to me on the rail. We chatted the night away.

The pool room was getting ready to close, and my partner wanted to engage in a game of stakes, so we decided to move to another pool room nearby that would keep it open for action.

Strawberry wanted to go, too. We all piled in our cars and traveled to the next pool room. It was like a convoy of pool folk. It was kind of cool. :cool:

Strawberry was dressed in color-coordinated outfit and hat that matched his Cadillac SUV. He looked quite sharp. :wink:

I was fortunate to talk to him for hours the entire night, sweating an action game my partner got involved in. He had a strong faith in his higher power that he shared with me. I will always remember Strawberry for his pool prowess, but he was also my friend. :smiling-heart:

Great stuff jam,thanks alot for shareing!
 
Back
Top