Stupid Questions about Bridge Cues!

Hi People!

Because of my physical disability I often need to use a mechanical bridge. I have a very cheap and light telescopic one which just about does the job but does anyone know of any manufacturer or retail store that sells wooden ones that don't feel flimsy?

I know pool halls have them but I would like to get my own as I prefer a snooker style X attachment and I travel for work in the summer. Is it doable to get a cheap cue somewhere and just add on the attachment myself?

Thanks

Craigey

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi People!

Because of my physical disability I often need to use a mechanical bridge. I have a very cheap and light telescopic one which just about does the job but does anyone know of any manufacturer or retail store that sells wooden ones that don't feel flimsy?

I know pool halls have them but I would like to get my own as I prefer a snooker style X attachment and I travel for work in the summer. Is it doable to get a cheap cue somewhere and just add on the attachment myself?

Thanks

Craigey
J&J Sneaky.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want a simple bridge stick, they are hard to find. I got tired of no bridges or lousy bridges where I play, so I bought a bunch of these sticks from PoolDawg. They screw together -- saves a bunch on shipping, I'm sure -- and take a screw-on bridge head. They were about $20 each including shipping as I recall, but that was quantity 10.

1715312496664.png

I have a couple of extra if you ever happen to be in the area.

I put Russo bridge heads on them.

stewie

If you want a simple bridge stick, they are hard to find. I got tired of no bridges or lousy bridges where I play, so I bought a bunch of these sticks from PoolDawg. They screw together -- saves a bunch on shipping, I'm sure -- and take a screw-on bridge head. They were about $20 each including shipping as I recall, but that was quantity 10.

View attachment 757555

I bought three of those in black. Work well, not flimsy, would recommend

Zerksies

Maybe a cheap two piece cue and a slip on bridge attachement.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi People!

Thanks

Craigey
couldnt you keep a snooker style X in your bag
and put it on a house cue?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought a bridge stick (a house cue with no ferrule or tip) from Mueller a zillion years ago. Is that what you’re looking for?

Not sure if the snooker X is threaded on, however.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump stick, with one of those slip on moose heads. The one piece ferrule and tip holds the rubber grommet very tightly. It’s light and easy to manipulate. If you already carry a jumper, easy peasy.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

View attachment 757555

There was one room we used to play in that had a large number of tables and a small number of bridges. I had an open spot in my cue case so I threw in my old starter cue, department store Excaliber fiberglass beauty...it was black so it didn't look like any of the house cues or house bridges, added a moosehead bridge to it, and our table was good for the evening.

I still keep that bridge head in my case, tho I don't lug the extra cue much lately.