Stupidest pool comment/story you've heard?

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let.s hear some more stories that allow people to show their pool knowledge.
Here a just a few to start from my experiences.

Working part time for a billiard supply store, there have been many times a customer should be told they should not drive, be allowed around anything sharp or combustible and maybe not reproduce.... but you have to just smile and keep it to yourself.

1. A guy thinks we should not be in business and wants to argue in emails because he is absolutely certain that billiard tables have rounded pockets and snooker tables have no pockets....

2. Guy buys a break stick with phenolic tip and calls complaining a few days later that he keeps miscuing on the break, must be something wrong with cue/tip. Us "Are you chalking the tip?",,,Him: "No, you mean you have to chalk this tip?"......

3. Guys walks in with an Adams Balabushka remake. Was buying another item but he just wanted us to see the rare high dollar original Balabushka he owned.... and he made sure to wipe off hand prints after it was touched because it was worth thousands..didn't have the heart to pull out old Adams brochure.. just let him continue in his own world.

4. Guy pays for 2nd day shipping on item and it is at post office within couple hours of his order,,, definitely at post office before 5pm deadline.... we have proof.... the cue arrives a day late and he complains that it is still our fault because we should use a better delivery service,,,,, even after shipping refunded by post office.

Keep Strokin

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Ahh, welcome the world of retail.

Luckily I spent my career in business-to-business were we simply "fired" customers who were more aggrevation than they were worth. There were very few of those...and I'm sure we weren't the first ones to tell them to call "Joe"...he'd love to have your business.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play at the student union at Indiana University, 20 years ago. My friends and I are playing when a boyfriend/girlfriend couple gets a set of balls and proceeds to the lone carom table in the room. I swear they played for 5-10 minutes before realizing something was wrong and moving to a pool table.

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at Derby City a few years back and I walked over and set down to watch Efren Reyes warm up, Well a man and seem to be girl friend in their twenties set down beside me. By then Efren had his cue together put balls on the table, Will I heard the young man say well it looks like he just got out of bed and she laughed. Efern stroked a few time hit the cue ball and it flies off the table, the man says hell I could beat this guy. She says I know I saw you beat you dad. I could hardly hold back the laughter.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at Derby City a few years back and I walked over and set down to watch Efren Reyes warm up, Well a man and seem to be girl friend in their twenties set down beside me. By then Efren had his cue together put balls on the table, Will I heard the young man say well it looks like he just got out of bed and she laughed. Efern stroked a few time hit the cue ball and it flies off the table, the man says hell I could beat this guy. She says I know I saw you beat you dad. I could hardly hold back the laughter.

I love efren.

Yeah, I said it.

Teacherjohn

Registered
Billiard table

I was at the Jointed cue in Sacramento talking to the counterman when a guy comes in and wants a table. the counterman says he's all full up. All the tables are taken. The guy says what about this table, pointing an open table in the front. Well, that's a billiard table the counterman explains. Whats the difference, the guy asks. Counterman replies, a billiard table has no pockets. I'll take it the guy says. I can't make a ball anyway.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I was at the Jointed cue in Sacramento talking to the counterman when a guy comes in and wants a table. the counterman says he's all full up. All the tables are taken. The guy says what about this table, pointing an open table in the front. Well, that's a billiard table the counterman explains. Whats the difference, the guy asks. Counterman replies, a billiard table has no pockets. I'll take it the guy says. I can't make a ball anyway.

That's not stupid.. That's hilarious! Hahaha

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
I used to play at the student union at Indiana University, 20 years ago. My friends and I are playing when a boyfriend/girlfriend couple gets a set of balls and proceeds to the lone carom table in the room. I swear they played for 5-10 minutes before realizing something was wrong and moving to a pool table.

Haha that's funny

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A gentleman walks in and say he wants to buy a expensive cue his grandson. I had a Schon STL-20 and gave him a price after showing him how much they sell for. He pulls out $ 100.00 bills and counts them out laying them on the pool table. He then asks me for a pliers as he pulls out a little baggy with screw on tips and said something like he's used these for years and wanted to put one on......... enough said.

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am better than you!!

A number of years ago I had worked my way through the pecking order in my local room when I was challenged by a person trying to move up. He came after me for a good while not giving up even though he was not winning. Finally after he had lost yet again, he looked at me and said, I am done playing against you even though I am better than you. You never seem to have a hard shot.

Al

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Crazy stuff

Boy, I have heard a bunch of crazy stories over the years of teaching, 45 years to be exact..

I just watched this one last week when I was reviewing a DVD.

The producer (name let out) was talking about how to break on different size tables. Then I heard this:

"Of course on a 9 ft. table the cue ball will be traveling faster (than a 7 ft.) because it has more travel time to build up speed."

Now the problem is, do I watch the rest of the DVD or not.

I did
randyg

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our rec center room has four 9' pool tables and a 10' snooker table. I'm in there one day
when a couple of people come in and go to the snooker table. After looking at the ball set
they go to the pool table next to the snooker table and take the balls.I tried to explain that the snooker table is different than a pool table but they didn't seem to get the point.
they played a while and finally gave up, probably didn't make more than a couple of balls.