Suggestions For Cleaning Leather Wrap

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
What is a good cleaner for a leather wrap?

The wrap on a cue I picked up is really dirty (white towel comes away black) and I'd like to get it clean without damaging the wrap or having it end up tacky.

How do you clean your leather wrap?

:cool:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

The wrap on a cue I picked up is really dirty (white towel comes away black) and I'd like to get it clean without damaging the wrap or having it end up tacky.

White towel comes away black?!? Gosh, I wonder if the previous owner used black shoe polish on the leather... :eek:

Cean it and condition it with Lexol--
Lexol Leather pH Cleaner Spray
Lexol Leather Conditioner Spray

Lexol is usually available at Auto Zone or similar chains (Strauss, Pep Boys).

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
Seems like Saddle Soap would be a natural selection......works mighty well on boots.....but perhaps the moisture necessary for use is a no-no???

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

Go to Tandy Leather, by a small bottle of Cleaner, a bottle of Conditioner, and a bottle of sealer. This stuff is not really expensive and it will do a good job.

Beware of some cleaners because they will remove the dyed color of the Leather, if this has already happened you can also buy some dye at Tandy.

Take Care

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Cean it and condition it with Lexol--
Lexol Leather pH Cleaner Spray
Lexol Leather Conditioner Spray

Lexol is usually available at Auto Zone or similar chains (Strauss, Pep Boys).

Very Good product, they sell it Tandy Leather.