Super Billiards Expo - Info Thread

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Few questions:

1) I see there is a discount for league members on VIP ticketing, however they must be purchased online. How do we obtain these discounts there is no way to select a lower amount? is it a refund at the door upon presentment of the membership card?

2) How late can someone purchase entry into the expo? Have some friends arriving around 9:00pm but want to come in for late night. Will they be able to purchase tickets?

Krypto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super Event

This event is one of the best managed in pool and billiards. I love how Allen and his staff pull everyone in billiards and pool together under one roof and still manage to keep it affordable for anyone that wants to take part-regardless of their skill or age.

This is what we need in pool and billiards, and we are super lucky to have the Super Billiards Expo!

Thanks Allen and Staff!

I hope to make it this year, but it's a long drive from the Deep South.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Few questions:

1) I see there is a discount for league members on VIP ticketing, however they must be purchased online. How do we obtain these discounts there is no way to select a lower amount? is it a refund at the door upon presentment of the membership card?

2) How late can someone purchase entry into the expo? Have some friends arriving around 9:00pm but want to come in for late night. Will they be able to purchase tickets?

I think I answered this on facebook, I'm guessing that was you, right? If not, let me know and I'll answer again.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
This event is one of the best managed in pool and billiards. I love how Allen and his staff pull everyone in billiards and pool together under one roof and still manage to keep it affordable for anyone that wants to take part-regardless of their skill or age.

This is what we need in pool and billiards, and we are super lucky to have the Super Billiards Expo!

Thanks Allen and Staff!

I hope to make it this year, but it's a long drive from the Deep South.

You are quite welcome! Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for coming to the show - you all are the reason we do it.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
will there be a charge to watch wed warm up event...i am not playing but want to check it out....if so when will we be able to come into the convention center...thanks

I will double check on this and find out for you. It is not really that there is a fee to come in and watch the warm up, moreso that the tables will be open all night for people to play after the event (until 6 in the morning) - this typically costs just $10 to play all night.

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
I will double check on this and find out for you. It is not really that there is a fee to come in and watch the warm up, moreso that the tables will be open all night for people to play after the event (until 6 in the morning) - this typically costs just $10 to play all night.

And just how can anyone beat this ? $10 to play all night long , and on decent equiptment to. The only problem that I have ever found with these tournaments that Allen puts on is......Theres not enough of them..:rolleyes: .. If you go there and dont get your money worth it's just your own fault.. plain and simple.. I look forward every year till the next one.. thanks for trying to make it better and better every year....:thumbup:...ED

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I answered this on facebook, I'm guessing that was you, right? If not, let me know and I'll answer again.

The answer to that particular question doesn't interest me but I thought I would let you know that answering a question on facebook doesn't really cut it.

Yes, you are answering a single question but that answer may affect more than the person who asked it. As hard as it may be to believe, there are still a lot of people, like myself, who don't go on facebook and answering the questions here, in the forum, would still be a good idea.

Thanks for all of the information.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
The answer to that particular question doesn't interest me but I thought I would let you know that answering a question on facebook doesn't really cut it.

Yes, you are answering a single question but that answer may affect more than the person who asked it. As hard as it may be to believe, there are still a lot of people, like myself, who don't go on facebook and answering the questions here, in the forum, would still be a good idea.

Thanks for all of the information.

Sorry Rich, you are correct. I just figured I was speaking "directly" to him and was trying to save myself some time. I will try and be more thorough in the future.

In either case, if anyone else is curious, here was our exchange:

David Grebe
Few Questions:

1) How late are tickets sold to enter the expo on any given day?

2) I notice there are discounts for league members for VIP tickets but no way to take the discount at purchase online. How does this work? Is the refund at the door?

REPLY:
Super Billiards Expo Tickets are sold all day long, you can get in an any time.

There are discounts for league members on all tickets except VIP seating. Everyone pays the same for VIP seating. And yes, the discount is applied at the door, just bring a current membership card for any amateur pool league. If you are considering a weekend pass, its only slightly discounted because as a league member you save a few dollars on the Expo Only portion of the pass - so yes, best to wait until you arrive for that. Sorry.

If anyone wants to follow our facebook fan page, you can view it here:
http://www.facebook.com/SuperBilliardsExpo

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What size Tables are you using this year?Last week on the exhibitor floorplan layout,it had them all listed as 4x8 except for the artistic tables that were labeled as 5x10's.I wen't to double check and the little table key that was in the bottom right corner is now gone.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
What size Tables are you using this year?Last week on the exhibitor floorplan layout,it had them all listed as 4x8 except for the artistic tables that were labeled as 5x10's.I wen't to double check and the little table key that was in the bottom right corner is now gone.

All amateur events are played on Diamond BarBox Tables 3.5 x 7, as is stated in the description of each event. I apologize for the map being misleading, those were the dimensions we used when planning out the layout for the new venue, that's all.

Artistic tables will be 4.5 x 9 tables, unless they have changed to using 5 x 10 and I am just unaware. If you are a player in this event, I suggest you contact the event coordinator (Mark D) for more details.

Thanks, hope this helps.

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple quick questions before next week:

Wednesday: When will we be allowed into venue and have tables open?

Earplugs: Not earphones with music, but actual plugs allowed?

cococue

Can we please get an answer to the last question regarding when the venue will be open on Wednesday, and when tables will be available for warm up. Also, can you tell us if the food vendors will be open on Wednesday evening during the warm up event?

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are there mini tournaments each night, if so where do you sign up? are they only for tap players or can people from the open play?

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from the past experiences the "minis" are for tap members only, the great thing about the SBE is that you "create" your own mini lol. There are any sized games from high to low stakes you can find all night every night. See everyone there tonight, also i did get an answer about the hours it will be open at around 5pm tonight for practice.

MzTam

Registered
24 hrs of pool. Action everywhere, big and small. It's greatest thing on this coast. It's the 'Vegas' experience but anyone can play. You can see all the vendors and actually see what products look like in person. Its so fun and motivating to get your head in the game. Can't wait to see this new location.

My questions is, when will the brackets be up? I'm playing in the women's division and won't be here till Friday.