Super Billiards Expo - Info Thread

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
The Allen Hopkins Super Billiards expo is approaching fast! The dates are March 10-13, 2011. As usual, it will be at the Valley Forge Convention Center in King of Prussia, PA - right outside of Philly.

By now, most of you are probably familiar with the event, but if you want some info, here is our web address: www.superbilliardsexpo.com

This year, we will be featuring the Diamond Open Professional 10-Ball Championship. This event will be $20,000 added, and $20,000 guaranteed first place. The top 24 players will all get paid, all based on a full field of 64.

In addition, we will also be featuring the WPA World Artistic Pool Championships. This is a $5,000 added event, bring your family and watch these dazzling shots...

Also, this year we are bringing you the Invitational 3-Cushion Champion of Champions event, produced by Professor Q-Ball Promotions. This is a $5,000 added money event as well...

Come and play in the Amateur Players Championship 9-Ball Series, one of the largest completely open amateur events in the country. You do not need any league affiliations, there's no handicapping... Just you, the table, and your opponent. Your entry fee of $75 also gets you into the Expo for all 4 days, so come take a chance! This year we have added a Super Seniors division (which is filling quick!) for players 65 and over.

Once again, the TAP league will be bringing their annual Rally in the Valley event to the Super Billiards Expo. If you are a TAP League player, contact your operator for details or visit tapleague.com

And as usual, we will also have some of the greatest companies in the industry for you to browse and purchase from... cuemakers, cases, apparel, retailers, accessories, and more! Over 150 exhibitor spaces including members of the ACA and the ICA.

I will try to tend to any questions in this thread as best I can. Things are getting quite busy around here, but I want to try to keep everyone up to date.... hope to see you there!

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
What is the daily entrance fee? There is no info on the site. All I ever see is under construction. Is there a discount for a 4 day pass?

thanks

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
scotch doubles

are you planning on having the scotch doubles event this year , and how do i sign up for the scotch doubles event if it is happening ????????

Thx..............

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
What is the daily entrance fee? There is no info on the site. All I ever see is under construction. Is there a discount for a 4 day pass?

thanks

The daily entrance fee is $10. We offer a 4-Day pass for $35 ($30 for league members) or a 3-Day pass, if you arrive Friday, for $25 ($20 for league members)

League discounts apply to members of ANY pool league. Just bring a current membership card and ID to match.

Hope this helps! Sorry about the website delays, some sections do need to be updated...

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
are you planning on having the scotch doubles event this year , and how do i sign up for the scotch doubles event if it is happening ????????

Thx..............

Sorry, we are not having a scotch doubles event. We did add a Super Seniors division this year... we now have 7 divisions to choose from : Open, Womens, Juniors 12 & under, Juniors 17 & Under, Seniors, Super Seniors, and Pro-Am.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
The daily entrance fee is $10. We offer a 4-Day pass for $35 ($30 for league members) or a 3-Day pass, if you arrive Friday, for $25 ($20 for league members)

League discounts apply to members of ANY pool league. Just bring a current membership card and ID to match.

Hope this helps! Sorry about the website delays, some sections do need to be updated...

Thanks for the info. Was debating entering a tournament. It seems to be worth the extra to get a chance to play.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agreed its worth the extra $40 for a crack at the $$:eek:$$CasH$$:shocked2::shocked2:$$ ,and the rep. if you win :wink:

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be my first time going, looking forward to it. What's the official web site link for signup's ?

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Came to help answer some questions, and see that the answers are already here... thanks for the help!

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the pro 10ball event, what rules will be used? Johnny's call shot/call safe? Or WPA (International) call pocket? Or 9ball rules?

Thanks Allen, see ya there Im sure. :)

Oscar Dominguez

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
For the pro 10ball event, what rules will be used? Johnny's call shot/call safe? Or WPA (International) call pocket? Or 9ball rules?

Thanks Allen, see ya there Im sure. :)

Oscar Dominguez

Hi Oscar, just talked to you on facebook as well.... The event will be call shot.

Sorry for my naivety, but I personally am not familiar with the nuances between the different "official" sets of rules... Waiting to hear back from my dad on what the "official" rules format is called.

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem buddy. WPA rules is when you call which pocket you want the ball in. If you miss, and safe, incoming player has NO option. Must shoot.

Last year, we used "Johnny Rules" call shot. Where if you called a pocket, missed and played accidental safe, Incoming player has option to PASS the shot back.

Thats the main and Im pretty sure only difference.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
will there be a charge to watch wed warm up event...i am not playing but want to check it out....if so when will we be able to come into the convention center...thanks

Stone Cold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What time will the Am. Event end Sunday? I just want to make sure our flights won't be conflicting with the end of the tournament.

Thanks,

~Mitch K.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
2012 How about this year ?

Will you be having the scotch doubles event this year ??

Also I heard that the $50 for a crack at $400 tourney ,will be going on all week long ,not just on Wednesday warm up ,, is this true ??????

Thx.........

Last edited:

Spider Pig

Registered
Question on Practice Tables Availability at Super Billiards Expo

Hey all. I'm considering going and I would enter the $75 tourney, but I also want to play/practice outside of the scheduled tournament.

Does anyone know what it will be like in terms of being able to get on a practice table or the atmosphere for playing small money games? I would have to travel pretty far and want to get a better idea of how much pool I'd actually be able to play while I'm there.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks :smile:

Poolwiz99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spider pig you can play pool as much as your money will allow you can play 24 hrs a day for 4 days