Super Seniors Competitive Fargo

Just curious about the Super Seniors average Fargo.

I know I’ll never be a real competitive player again, as if ever, however I’m curious as to what goal I might shoot for to be a ‘competitive’ player (not an idiot, sucker, etc. ) in the Super Seniors category.

I’ve paid my dues for what I’ve learned over the years and I’ve enlisted a well respected instructor to help me with my game but with this S. S. Category there may be a an obtainable goal.

Opinions??

Ohh...well I've got some practice ahead of me. Thanks.

Right now, with only less than 100 in Fargo, I'm still in the mid 400's but that number changes daily as the people I've played have a large effect on my rating. I think I may be a low to mid 500 player after some more work.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat won the seniors, not the super seniors. He is no where near 528. He is likely a 700 speed. At minimum, 675.

Ace won the super seniors.

Looks like he is a 751 I had the wrong Pat McNally. Thanks for letting me know.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I know some people (68 years old ish) that are eligible to play super seniors (at BCA/ACS, etc) and they opt to just play in the Standard/Open divisions because there are too many SS players that are really good (630+++)

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I know some people (68 years old ish) that are eligible to play super seniors (at BCA/ACS, etc) and they opt to just play in the Standard/Open divisions because there are too many SS players that are really good (630+++)

Yep.

You'll find the exact same thing at most golf clubs.

I never played in the senior flights even though I was eligible simply because it was much easier to be competitive in the open divisions...

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat hasn't played in years & he is still an absolute beast. 25 yrs ago he was a 750-775 speed

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Pat hasn't played in years & he is still an absolute beast. 25 yrs ago he was a 750-775 speed
Absolutely! I only played him once in a Pro Am tournament . I played a "Great Safety" He kicks the ball in like it had Eyes and proceeded to kick my ass & looked at me like That all ya got LMAO. Great Player
FWIW when I saw his name in the entries I thought If he plays anything like he used to OH BOY AINT NOBODY BEATIN HIM IMHO

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely! I only played him once in a Pro Am tournament . I played a "Great Safety" He kicks the ball in like it had Eyes and proceeded to kick my ass & looked at me like That all ya got LMAO. Great Player
FWIW when I saw his name in the entries I thought If he plays anything like he used to OH BOY AINT NOBODY BEATIN HIM IMHO
I watched him beat Ronnie Alcano 9 to zip in a Joss tour final. A year or 2 later Ronnie won the 9 ball World championship.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat could have been a legit touring pro. He worked at USPS, and when gambling, the line was "the mailman always delivers".

Make no mistake, to win ANY division of the Hopkins expo, you need to be a 700+.

I can't be certain, but I believe the "Open" has a limit on skill, while the Seniors and Super Seniors may be unlimited. For example if Efren showed up he might be able to play in the Super Seniors.