Surprised NO one mention Metro Sports Bar-PHX

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
I think the Big Tables do play fast, that is because of the cloth in use, and # 3 Has some Rail Issures.

But my reference to the Tables was because the Tables are always Clean, and so are the Balls.
Its not the cloth,the cloth is Simonis 860 which is used in majority of poolhalls but if you have the rails set up wrong it can have a big affect and make the cue ball or object ball bouncing all over the place and that makes it tough to control.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:
Its not the cloth,the cloth is Simonis 860 which is used in majority of poolhalls but if you have the rails set up wrong it can have a big affect and make the cue ball or object ball bouncing all over the place and that makes it tough to control.

I believe the cloth is NOT 860, but something called "Tour Edition", as we use it in our Community Room, and it is very FAST. The "Tour Edition" also will take more punishment than 860. Dave Clayton does Metro's Table, so you could call him to get the real scoop.

Speaking of Cloth and Room, than goodness our Community Room, it reopen today after being shut for (2) Weeks.
angeryonfire.gif
With 26 of the 29 Table with NEW CLOTH.
woohoo.gif

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
SJDinPHX said:
Lenny,

As far as active, player friendly rooms, not much. Two bars are still very action and league oriented. The Northern is one, (5-7 footers) and Jimbo's at 51 ave and Cactus is adding 6 more tables to a new expanded area.

Dick

Northern's tables are in great shape, and cover by Dave Clayton. Jimbo's only has two and honestly i have never played there, but understand they get a big turnout on Tuesday for an OPEN 8 Ball. Honestly I like Big Tables, and do not like playing on Bar Boxes that much.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
FastLenny said:
I have to disagree about the equipment being in great condition,well it might look ok but the tables play bad.They are too fast because the rails aren't set up right,loose and also have bad rolls and I believe they are GC4s,I have never seen Gold Crowns play as bad as these.At Metro you dont need a stroke to move the cue ball,put some of those players at Kolbys on tighter equipment that plays slower and they will play 2 balls under their speed.

Ok, here is the deal. I was at Metro the day Dave Clayton was doing the Big tables. He raised the rails a little bit to try and slow them down. But the weird rolls and everything are because the tables are bad. Dave did all he can with the equipment, but that is just the way they are.

Lenny - I have to disagree on your statement about taking the players out of Metro and put them at Kolby's. I played the Metro Monday nighter last week and did fairly well, knocked off some 9's and 10's, all while trying to adjust to the crazy speed. I then went to Kolby's the following night for there open Wild Ball event. I played so much better. I beat a couple 10's right out of the gate and a few 9's. Only losing a hill-hill to Ray Shobe after whitey got kicked in the side on the break leaving a 1-9 combo. I think my play was much better because I could play the tables without having to worry about stupid rolls and the quick tables.

Metro's cloth is the Champions Tour Edition.

Hope everything works out for Metro. They have done so much for the players of AZ. Both League and Tournament wise.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
Northern's tables are in great shape, and cover by Dave Clayton. Jimbo's only has two and honestly i have never played there, but understand they get a big turnout on Tuesday for an OPEN 8 Ball. Honestly I like Big Tables, and do not like playing on Bar Boxes that much.

My understanding is that Jimbo's just acquired the space next door and once the hair salon is out they will be putting in 6 more tables. I spoke with them about leagues and tournaments. It would be great if Bull could get in there to be there TD. And I would offer assistance as well, seeing it's really close to my house.

The pool rooms of AZ need all the support they can get. We can't afford to lose Alexanders AND Metro. Northern is great, but they only have room for 5 tables.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
stuckart said:
My understanding is that Jimbo's just acquired the space next door and once the hair salon is out they will be putting in 6 more tables. I spoke with them about leagues and tournaments. It would be great if Bull could get in there to be there TD. And I would offer assistance as well, seeing it's really close to my house.

The pool rooms of AZ need all the support they can get. We can't afford to lose Alexanders AND Metro. Northern is great, but they only have room for 5 tables.

Where is Jimbo's?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
stuckart said:
My understanding is that Jimbo's just acquired the space next door and once the hair salon is out they will be putting in 6 more tables.

I have also heard this for 4 months, and nothing is happening. Maybe they are waiting on Permits from the City of Glendale, or something to approve the expansion.

Funny how Cities love Revnues, but make it so hard to run a business, many times.:angry:

rkim99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest on Metro

Went by there tonight and they were closed; doors locked, lights out, no cars in parking lot. I'm sure once they get their LL back they'll probably re-open, but for now I guess all metroheads are searching for a new place to roost.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
rkim99 said:
Went by there tonight and they were closed; doors locked, lights out, no cars in parking lot. I'm sure once they get their LL back they'll probably re-open, but for now I guess all metroheads are searching for a new place to roost.

What time were you there.

SteveH

thats wat im talkin bout!
Silver Member
I just heard that someone is most likely going to buy the whole place out soon and keep it operating like nothing happend. Good news for the regulars.
Dont quote me though. Things could always change.

Anyway. If anyone gets more info... post it up.

Ragards
SteveH

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SteveH said:
I just heard that someone is most likely going to buy the whole place out soon and keep it operating like nothing happend. Good news for the regulars.
Dont quote me though. Things could always change.

Anyway. If anyone gets more info... post it up.

Ragards
SteveH
Quoted!!!!!!!

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SteveH said:
!!WOW!! Your sooooo gay!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!! hahahaha
That's all you got? C'mon man at least be creative. :) You went to college didn't you? You better step it up because that is some grade school shit :D:D:D

BVal

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
BVal said:
That's all you got? C'mon man at least be creative. :) You went to college didn't you? You better step it up because that is some grade school shit :D:D:D

BVal

Yeah! at least say the window is open or some sh1t... lol Hell, even lemon pepper chicken works... hahaha

Dwight

SteveH

Silver Member
WOW BiotchVal you Really Left The Window Open.
Lets go play some pool and i will make sure i close the window on your fingers and lock it and not open it again until im done taking you to pool school. WOW

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
BVal said:

BVal

I went to college... how's this:

Your cerebral cortex is maladjusted to influence your neurons to fire upon the sight of a homo-sapien of the same gender.

Ray

Last edited:

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SteveH said:
WOW BiotchVal you Really Left The Window Open.
Lets go play some pool and i will make sure i close the window on your fingers and lock it and not open it again until im done taking you to pool school. WOW
A little better but you still need some work :)

BVal

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BigCat said:
I went to college... hows this:

Your cerebral cortex is maladjusted to influence your neurons to fire upon the sight of a homo-sapien of the same gender.

Ray
LOL That's good.

BVal

SteveH

Silver Member
BigCat said:
I went to college... hows this:

Your cerebral cortex is maladjusted to influence your neurons to fire upon the sight of a homo-sapiens of the same gender.

Ray

Yeah...What he said