Surprised NO one mention Metro Sports Bar-PHX

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Sorry to hear they are not having it there at Metro,what options are there,Kolbys and Bullshooters?

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
stuckart why not go do some good for Pool like up date your web-site so people don't show up at Metro NEXT Weekend for the DCT by mistake because your web-site had old information on it.:sorry:

Jerry,

Another thought....get CooCoo's ph number. Instead of having to update the site to get the word out about a venue change, just tell him. By 3:03 this afternoon he will have made 53 posts about it. More people are likely to see it......

Only hold back is nobody might come.....afraid he'll be there. OR, the place might be packed. With everyone coming to see the most prolific, non-shooting, poster ever on AZB.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The real shame FL is

Fast Lenny said:
Sorry to hear they are not having it there at Metro,what options are there,Kolbys and Bullshooters?

The real shame FL is this is all from Metro Staff serving and Under Age with a FALSE ID (FROM ANOTHER STATE) Alcohol, who then went out after being in Metro, getting served, and got killed on his Motorcycle. story linked below

Metro is paying dearly for the UNDERAGES CRIME.

Also the other said thing is most of the employees lost their jobs, Jazz, & Manny lost income from ruining Tournaments, Jazz?s Pro Shop/Cue Repair business in dead. Eightball, and the other Security Staff are all out of jobs. Becky the Day Manager, who was the Food Concessionaire, and her staff are also all out of Jobs.

I know you use to play big tables tournament there FL, I met you there, I use to do Metro many twice a months, mant Friday a.m.?s, and many other were Metro regulars when they had Beer, Food, etc. Plus the owners of Metro were putting a lot of added money in to Pool weekly.

Metro has been like a Ghost Town Since this all went down on August 8th, and I know the owners have been trying their best to get the place back to normal. trying to get the State of Arizona Liquor Board to Reinstate their License to operate like normal.

The one thing I do not understand is Arizona Economy is hurting, and State of Arizona NEEDS CASH. Metro was paying the State a lots of Sales Tax Monthly to the State, and the State Liquor Board, has stop the flow of Tax REVENUES to the State from Metro. Seems goofy to me.
zipmouth.gif

Story Linked Below:

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=6537335F-D1ED-4FD6-802B-E7878CDCB876&gsa=true

Phoenix bar loses liquor license after deadly crash

A Valley bar is serving water and soda instead of liquor and beer after the state revoked its liquor license.

Metro Bar and Billiards lost its license August 7 after a lengthy investigation.

An underaged patron, Ty Gurganus, 20, died May 13, 2007 when he crashed his motorcycle in front of the bar, according to a state investigation report.

Records from the state Department of Liquor Licenses and Control indicate Gurganus' blood alcohol*level was .27 the night he died.

Surveillance video from inside the bar*shows Gurganus had been drinking beer and a mixed drink before he crashed.

The video also shows Gurganus wasn't carded the night of the crash.*

The bar's owner, Alfonso Larriva, told ABC15 Gurganus had visited the bar on previous occasions and had been carded then.* Larriva said he believes Gurganus may have used a fake ID to*get into the bar.

Larriva said he believes Gurganus was not carded the night he died because bar workers recognized him as a regular patron, who had previously proven he was of the appropriate age to drink.

Larriva said he would consider new technology that scans a person's driver's license to verify instantly whether it's legitimate.* He said he's not sure whether that would have*prevented the tragedy that happened in front of his bar.

Bartenders told ABC15 they've lost a lot of tips as a result of the liquor license revocation.*They said they shut down the bar Tuesday night at 9 p.m. instead of the normal 2 a.m. closing.

Larriva said an appeal is in the works.

He said he also believes he may be able to sell the bar to another owner in order for the bar to re-open and once again be permitted to sell liquor.

Right now, liquor is banned from the bar.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rick S. said:
Jerry,

Another thought....get CooCoo's ph number. Instead of having to update the site to get the word out about a venue change, just tell him. By 3:03 this afternoon he will have made 53 posts about it. More people are likely to see it......

Only hold back is nobody might come.....afraid he'll be there. OR, the place might be packed. With everyone coming to see the most prolific, non-shooting, poster ever on AZB.

Rick I think you need to take your joke show on the road, as you are almost as funny as Carlin was.:rolleyes: BTW how are thing in Liberal Tucson?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy said:
The real shame FL is this is all from Metro Staff serving and Under Age with a FALSE ID (FROM ANOTHER STATE) Alcohol, who then went out after being in Metro, getting served, and got killed on his Motorcycle. story linked below

Metro is paying dearly for the UNDERAGES CRIME.

Also the other said thing is most of the employees lost their jobs, Jazz, & Manny lost income from ruining Tournaments, Jazz?s Pro Shop/Cue Repair business in dead. Eightball, and the other Security Staff are all out of jobs. Becky the Day Manager, who was the Food Concessionaire, and her staff are also all out of Jobs.

I know you use to play big tables tournament there FL, I met you there, I use to do Metro many twice a months, mant Friday a.m.?s, and many other were Metro regulars when they had Beer, Food, etc. Plus the owners of Metro were putting a lot of added money in to Pool weekly.

Metro has been like a Ghost Town Since this all went down on August 8th, and I know the owners have been trying their best to get the place back to normal. trying to get the State of Arizona Liquor Board to Reinstate their License to operate like normal.

The one thing I do not understand is Arizona Economy is hurting, and State of Arizona NEEDS CASH. Metro was paying the State a lots of Sales Tax Monthly to the State, and the State Liquor Board, has stop the flow of Tax REVENUES to the State from Metro. Seems goofy to me.
zipmouth.gif

Story Linked Below:

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=6537335F-D1ED-4FD6-802B-E7878CDCB876&gsa=true

Phoenix bar loses liquor license after deadly crash

A Valley bar is serving water and soda instead of liquor and beer after the state revoked its liquor license.

Metro Bar and Billiards lost its license August 7 after a lengthy investigation.

An underaged patron, Ty Gurganus, 20, died May 13, 2007 when he crashed his motorcycle in front of the bar, according to a state investigation report.

Records from the state Department of Liquor Licenses and Control indicate Gurganus' blood alcohol*level was .27 the night he died.

Surveillance video from inside the bar*shows Gurganus had been drinking beer and a mixed drink before he crashed.

The video also shows Gurganus wasn't carded the night of the crash.*

The bar's owner, Alfonso Larriva, told ABC15 Gurganus had visited the bar on previous occasions and had been carded then.* Larriva said he believes Gurganus may have used a fake ID to*get into the bar.

Larriva said he believes Gurganus was not carded the night he died because bar workers recognized him as a regular patron, who had previously proven he was of the appropriate age to drink.

Larriva said he would consider new technology that scans a person's driver's license to verify instantly whether it's legitimate.* He said he's not sure whether that would have*prevented the tragedy that happened in front of his bar.

Bartenders told ABC15 they've lost a lot of tips as a result of the liquor license revocation.*They said they shut down the bar Tuesday night at 9 p.m. instead of the normal 2 a.m. closing.

Larriva said an appeal is in the works.

He said he also believes he may be able to sell the bar to another owner in order for the bar to re-open and once again be permitted to sell liquor.

Right now, liquor is banned from the bar.
What happened is that Metro stepped on some very important peoples toes therefore they are being punished.When you snub your nose at authority you better have things in order. :cool:

Prince

Tails!
Silver Member
trainer said:
Glad you chimed in Dennis , most of the players would like to know where to be at 11 in the morning..
Terry O.
Glad i chimed in? As soon as i was notified of the change, i CHIMED in! Up until my last post, it was scheduled for Metro. Maybe you missed it or something. Or maybe you have been making the rounds with Coco? :) I don't know.

Anyhow, the tournament will be held at Bullshooter's. I'm chiming in now because i just received a confirmation emaill 5 minutes ago to move it there. If the bar tables have been recovered, it will be on the bar tables, if not, then it will be on 9' tables. It will still be an 8 ball event.

As soon as i find out about the tables, i will post it in the tournament section as well. Stay tuned, or feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Also, sign ups are at 10, draw is at 11.

Dennis
www.desertclassictour.com