SVB takes The Euro Tour Leende

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It deserves its own thread. It's the first time as far as i know of a NA winning a Euro Tour Event and will at the least give us a couple of psychological edges so far ,No?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didnt post the exact same thing an hour and fifteen?minutes apart?

The Illiterati did

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I didnt post the exact same thing an hour and fifteen?minutes apart?

The Illiterati did

Its all good! As far as I am concerned you can post a few more exactly like the last two.
Shane is having a great year and his fans should celebrate.

Start typing or copy & paste but get the word out SVB is the man right now!!!

Mousa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It deserves its own thread. It's the first time as far as i know of a NA winning a Euro Tour Event and will at the least give us a couple of psychological edges so far ,No?

From what I remember, Johnny Archer has won a Eurotour, twice in the same year! I cannot remember exactly the year, but it was before 2010! 2008 maybe?

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1st American to win a Euro Tour event in almost 20 years :eek:

Shane seems to be really playing well with his new Cuetec carbon fiber shaft.

Hb39CXCHfwIG55qQrHWaHw_r.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better get the rest of the team one then 'cause they're gonna need it. Depth of the Euro squad is gonna be tough to fade. We still have the Int'lOpen and some practice time to tune-up. Maybe Shane will finally stand-up and lead us. He looked strong in the Neth.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

How long has the Euro Tour been going?

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane (like most Pros) could play with slightly warped house cue or broom and do well. Now if he can maintain that momentum going into the MC that would be a great thing however his MC record is not great...only time will tell.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long has the Euro Tour been going?

I had no idea it was going as long as it was and also thought it didnt pay ANYTHING so why would any NA enter it under normal circumstances.The European Union started in 93 which made it easier so ill guess mid-late 90's but just a guess as i said.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh good, I can STFU now. Now can an American bring a major title home from overseas? I don't think anyone's done it since Earl.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How’s SVB sitting in Mosconi Cup points for team Europe after this win? ;)

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB took it upon himself to put the team on his back on that final day comeback in the Dream Challenge with Russia to win that event for USA.

Then wins this Eurotour event and of course before his trip overseas, he won a couple of tournaments in the weeks preceding.

His past month or so is about as good as you'll see from a player in modern day billiards in my opinion.

Nobody in the world playing better than him right now. Good for him ! :cool:

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did i not watch the same event? Kaci and SVB were tied at 8-8. Kaci at the table hill and hit the 2 ball with terrible shape on the 3. he banks out and hooks himself on the next shot.

having to jump the next ball. he jumps and missed making the ball by a few inches.

SVB or Kaci could have taken the title. It was toss up at that point but Kaci got unlucky and SVB took advantage of the opportunity given to him.

Neither player exceptionally dominant at that point. I'm a big SVB fan but wasn't exactly impressed on the way he won.

Congrats to SVB on the Euro Tour win..but not exactly in a convincing manner.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane was down 0-5 and came back to tie it up, then win. The fact that he overcame that deficit in a final match and win is all the convincing I need.

He may be playing some of the best pool of his career, due in part to his mental game improvement.