SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to take Glen's side or anything but when you had the DCC 14.1 challenge, in which high runs determined who got to the final 8, no one put up an extremely high run. If I remember right, no one went over 300. But it depends on what someone calls extremely high run. To me, I think over 400 is extremely high. But to take the other side as well, that was a normal 9ft diamond table and one year it was a 10ft table. So the conditions were not really favorable for a huge run. The table conditions that will be used for this endeavor, however, will be more favorable for a large run. Similar table conditions gave us the original 526 and JS's 626. But as I stated before, I am really interested to see what happens with this. We could get a couple huge runs or no runs over 300. It will be a coin flip.
Yes, this is true. But competition long term brings out the best. It doesn't turn the guys and women into "rail testers"! This is how sports works.

There is no argument. We will wait and see what happens.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While at the American 14.1 Straight Pool Championship, The Legends of Pocket Billiards event founder, BC, received a commitment from Shane Van Boening to be the first player to participate in our high run event, beginning Nov 2, with a starting time to be announced.

SVB, will be making his high run attempts throughout the week, which will be available on our free steam at:

After SVB concludes his attempts we have Ruslan Chinahov, currently in the hunt on the final day of the American Straight Pool Championship, lined up for another week of high run attempts begining Nov 8. Ruslan won the event in 2019 with numerous century runs and defeating AP in the finals.

Subsequently, numerous top flight players have expressed interest in participating and you can expect additional scheduling announcements. All run attempts will be streamed live and free on the LPB Facebook page.

In the meantime, you can get your straight pool fix, beginning at 1200 EST, with the men’s semi-finals of the ASPC.

Lou Figueroa
Are the runs archived?

gerryf

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that a real or photoshopped image? Has that image been submitted to Naval Intelligence as requested by Danny Harriman? Do you have an affidavit attesting that it was you in that image?

You can insinuate all you want about John Schmidt, but without offering any evidence it brings you and your own motives into question.

lol, ok, I’m going to speak slowly and distinctly, please try and follow along.

First, if you have any doubts about any image I post you are free to analyze it to your heart’s content. I know it’s real and I am not the one with doubts, capeesh?

Second, I am not DH. I don’t speak for him or answer to him. So if you have an issue with him about Naval Intelligence (an oxymoron to an AF guy) that’s who you should take it up with, not me.

Third, I don’t care what you think about my motives, so I’ll do as I please.

And lastly, that video link constitute far, far, far more *unedited video evidence* for what I claim than anything we’ve seen posted up by you know who.

So please: get a clue, buy a vowel.

Lou Figueroa

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was right there when Bobby mesusred the pockets, his goal is complete transparency, I do believe that hasn't happened on any other table for high run attempts by accident or choice,
So if it happens we actually know exactly at least what pocket size is

One

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou , glad to see your involvement in this , your a first class guy , I hope to meet you down here at Street Lights Academy, where these attempts will happen,, I will say it's one of a kind established, members only , and brings in many pro's , all of Roys Basement's players that list is long , Ruslan , the Polish team , SVB , Mike Davis the list grows by the day ,

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou , glad to see your involvement in this , your a first class guy , I hope to meet you down here at Street Lights Academy, where these attempts will happen,, I will say it's one of a kind established, members only , and brings in many pro's , all of Roys Basement's players that list is long , Ruslan , the Polish team , SVB , Mike Davis the list grows by the day ,

Thank you, One.

I hope to be at SLA in the not too distant future to check out everything in person.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was right there when Bobby mesusred the pockets, his goal is complete transparency, I do believe that hasn't happened on any other table for high run attempts by accident or choice,
So if it happens we actually know exactly at least what pocket size is

One
Transparency is always welcomed but transparency also welcomes criticism. I don't think the size of the pockets is concerning but the geometry is. The mouth and throat of the pockets in the pic provided appear to be the same size which makes the pocket "parallel" and "easy". A 4" pocket cut this way is easier than a properly cut 4.25" pocket, especially for professional players. Depending on pocket size, the pockets should be cut to 141-143 degrees. The pockets in question appear to be 137-138 degrees, I don't think this was done with intent but it is worth pointing out in the event the promoters want to correct it. Below is an example of a properly cut 4.125" pocket. The mouth measures 4.125", the throat 3.5".

49603456301_6bf97eb126_b.jpg

Last edited:

gerryf

And lastly, that video link constitute far, far, far more *unedited video evidence* for what I claim than anything we’ve seen posted up by you know who.

So please: get a clue, buy a vowel.

Lou Figueroa
Precisely! Schmidt submitted video evidence, and an affidavit, and the BCA reviewed the video, and it was also reviewed by knowledgeable 14.1 players prominent in the community. The BCA sanctioned the new record.

Maybe Schmidt didn't ask your opinion, but as far as the BCA record goes, your opinion (or mine) doesn't matter. It's also interesting that Schmidt is the only person in 70-odd years to pursue the record in a determined manner.

Your innuendos that something seems 'fishy' is just that - unsupported innuendo. Schmidt has submitted more evidence than Mosconi did. You may not be happy that Schmidt was the one to break Mosconi's record, but judging from the talent at the recent 14.1 tournament, it's not unreasonable that one of those young guns will break Schmidt's record if they can be convinced it's worth their time to make the attempt.

Now you're involved in the "Legends" program, and you've already seen that others have noticed the tap-dancing you're doing to avoid John Schmidt's participation, assuming he's even interested anymore.

The high run attempts challenge is interesting in itself, but now it's tainted by the whiff of 'we don't like Schmidt, so we'll have our own party and he's not invited, and neither is anyone else we don't like."

It's all so unnecessary.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where would I find the archived videos? Your facebook link doesn't seem to have them.

Thank you.

I thought you were talking about the event I’m involved with, I don’t know about the American 14.1.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Transparency is always welcomed but transparency also welcomes criticism. I don't think the size of the pockets is concerning but the geometry is. The mount and throat of the pockets in the pic provided appear to be the same size which makes the pocket "parallel" and "easy". A 4" pocket cut this way is easier than a properly cut 4.25" pocket, especially for professional players. Depending on pocket size, the pockets should be cut to 141-143 degrees. The pockets in question appear to be 137-138 degrees, I don't think this was done with intent but it is worth pointing out in the event the promoters want to correct it. Below is an example of a properly cut 4.125" pocket. The mouth measures 4.125", the throat 3.5".

49603456301_6bf97eb126_b.jpg

Other high run attempts, approved by the BCA, have shown there can be considerable flexibility in this regard.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other high run attempts, approved by the BCA, have shown there can be considerable flexibility in this regard.

Lou Figueroa
Understood, but why not lend further credibility to your endeavor by having a properly setup table?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Precisely! Schmidt submitted video evidence, and an affidavit, and the BCA reviewed the video, and it was also reviewed by knowledgeable 14.1 players prominent in the community. The BCA sanctioned the new record.

Maybe Schmidt didn't ask your opinion, but as far as the BCA record goes, your opinion (or mine) doesn't matter. It's also interesting that Schmidt is the only person in 70-odd years to pursue the record in a determined manner.

Your innuendos that something seems 'fishy' is just that - unsupported innuendo. Schmidt has submitted more evidence than Mosconi did. You may not be happy that Schmidt was the one to break Mosconi's record, but judging from the talent at the recent 14.1 tournament, it's not unreasonable that one of those young guns will break Schmidt's record if they can be convinced it's worth their time to make the attempt.

Now you're involved in the "Legends" program, and you've already seen that others have noticed the tap-dancing you're doing to avoid John Schmidt's participation, assuming he's even interested anymore.

The high run attempts challenge is interesting in itself, but now it's tainted by the whiff of 'we don't like Schmidt, so we'll have our own party and he's not invited, and neither is anyone else we don't like."

It's all so unnecessary.

OK, all that is great about JS’ run — but bottom line, I and others — remain unconvinced.

Don’t like? Sorry. Not sorry. I have no idea why that bothers you so much and I don’t need John’s or anyone else’s clearance to form my own opinion or tell me where I can air it.

Lastly, I don’t believe any decision on JS’ participation has been made. As BC said just earlier in this thread: maybe at some point he will be invited. In any case, it’s an invitational, not an open event, so that’s just the way it is.

If you don’t like it I encourage you to go set up a table, assemble a tech crew, get on social media, and put up the money to attract the pros. Good luck with all that. I’ve been a witness to what it takes and it ain’t so easy.

Lou Figueroa