SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

realkingcobra

Silver Member
the time and the place for that hearsay lent some credibility to it as he on the same day ran 215 like running water and later won the tournament.

he plays straight pool like he's about to miss a flight, but his patterns are rational. he does the toastie break quite frequently which i'm personally not a fan of.
JF also ran a 285 at the DCC 14.1 challenge as well, but that's a far cry from 626 or the 700 some would like themselves to believe he's capable of running😅

the time and the place for that hearsay lent some credibility to it as he on the same day ran 215 like running water and later won the tournament.

he plays straight pool like he's about to miss a flight, but his patterns are rational. he does the toastie break quite frequently which i'm personally not a fan of.

Toastie break?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
power draw off the side of the rack up to the head rail and out (done quite a bit by Thorsten "Toastie" Hohmann)

[Filler's run at the Am. 14.1 was 213, not 215.]
As well as John Schmidt, in fact he's made mention of power drawing out of the side of the rack on his break shots.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn’t Thorston typically put spin on that draw break, to come two rails out of the corner he’s standing in front of?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
oops, posted some info here in wrong thread; moving it now

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JF also ran a 285 at the DCC 14.1 challenge as well, but that's a far cry from 626 or the 700 some would like themselves to believe he's capable of running😅

ah, that 14.1 DCC Challenge was conducted on Diamond tables -- we are using an old GC.

My guesstimate is that you can immediately double whatever run you're talking about on a Diamond if you're shooting on an old GC (with good cloth and balls).

Lou Figueroa
just my opinion

realkingcobra

Silver Member
ah, that 14.1 DCC Challenge was conducted on Diamond tables -- we are using an old GC.

My guesstimate is that you can immediately double whatever run you're talking about on a Diamond if you're shooting on an old GC (with good cloth and balls).

Lou Figueroa
just my opinion
You know what they say about people and opinions right🤣

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
You know what they say about people and opinions right🤣
I just gotta ask. WTF does all your negativity come from. Its really simple. We are trying to help pool and players make money and put some positive into our sport. You have not said anything but questioning everything and being negative. If you dont like what we are doing just go fly a kite. You are contributing zero.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are there any updates? When is Shane starting? Will he play for one day, one week, one month? What’s the prize? What’s the pocket angle?
I got this one Lou. Shane is scheduled this next week. All the World Champions are gonna be playing 5-30 days at a time schedule permitting from us and the players schedules. All prizes/payouts are private and need not be of anyones concerns but the players that participate.You obviously must know that the finances are substancial and every player that we have had conversations with have been more than happy with the numbers offered. Now I hope every can be positive and support the efforts we are making for the players and our sport and enjoy watching all the World Champions play at a very high level on a FREE live stream On our Facebook page "The Legends Of Pocket Billiards"

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All prizes/payouts are private and need not be of anyones concerns but the players that participate.You obviously must know that the finances are substancial and every player that we have had conversations with have been more than happy with the numbers offered.
The shroud of secrecy casts shadows of doubt. Hopefully the players have signed a contract and funds are placed in escrow so this doesn't evolve into yet another black eye on US Pool. It would be fun from a fan's perspective to see what the financial incentives are for the tiers reached and what the payout would be if a new world record is set.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The shroud of secrecy casts shadows of doubt. Hopefully the players have signed a contract and funds are placed in escrow so this doesn't evolve into yet another black eye on US Pool. It would be fun from a fan's perspective to see what the financial incentives are for the tiers reached and what the payout would be if a new world record is set.
Well there have been a few bad promoters but no chance of that happening here. Certainly We cant make everyone happy but most people will be happy to see the 1st ever such event ever produced and that should be fun enough for most. The money is substantial and the players that we have spoke to agree and thats all that will be said period. If anyone else runs their own events they are entitled to run it as they want and I choose to run our event how I want. Tune in to the Free live streams to see some exciting 14.1 play by many World Champions.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
E
Well there have been a few bad promoters but no chance of that happening here. Certainly We cant make everyone happy but most people will be happy to see the 1st ever such event ever produced and that should be fun enough for most. The money is substantial and the players that we have spoke to agree and thats all that will be said period. If anyone else runs their own events they are entitled to run it as they want and I choose to run our event how I want. Tune in to the Free live streams to see some exciting 14.1 play nby World Champions.
You sound like the WPA, as they've clearly stated in the past, if they don't sanction the event, they don't recognize the records! John Schmidt holds the 14.1 high run record, yet he's excluded from your event, wonder why that is. Then, you fail to realize is record run is in fact proven, but not by your group of people involved, yet if and when YOU offer your proof of record for a 14.1 new high run, which record will it be breaking, the recognized 526 high run, or the UNRECOGNIZED 626 you question the validity of???

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To the best of my knowledge everything is being done on good faith and a handshake.

The players are not concerned and neither are we, thanks to BC's reputation throughout the pool world. BTW, this week several promoters with deep pockets signed up to help sponsor this event. The pot is growing. : -)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited: