SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
E
You sound like the WPA, as they've clearly stated in the past, if they don't sanction the event, they don't recognize the records! John Schmidt holds the 14.1 high run record, yet he's excluded from your event, wonder why that is. Then, you fail to realize is record run is in fact proven, but not by your group of people involved, yet if and when YOU offer your proof of record for a 14.1 new high run, which record will it be breaking, the recognized 526 high run, or the UNRECOGNIZED 626 you question the validity of???

Where has BC or I said JS would be excluded?

And we don't know where the ceiling is on a big 14.1 run, so who knows what the final number will be and what records, if any, will be broken. Stay tuned.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hocus pocus!
Do you remember anyone sanctioning the 1100 attempts prior to the bca-pool
(Two) review and certification announcing that the Mosconi526 had been exceeded?
Why, heck no. C’mon, man
At least now, someone is trying to do it right, up front, for the money at hand.
Not a bird in the bush monetization of illusions.
Heads up BC.
You’ve got a rough row to hoe ahead.
Good Luck.
radar
Trying to do it right?? What does that even mean?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not a thing to those, what’s in it for me types.
Take a time out, it may come to you, but I doubt it.
All I know is this, failing to set a new high run record when chasing it for money is a way worse failure than attempting to break that very same record with no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for doing so, yet the 1100 attempts still don't discourage the road traveled to break that record for self determination alone!!

When someone can't do something for money, that someone else did for free, that says a LOT about the person who broke the record, kind of like John pulled the sword from the stone, when the strongest in the land had all failed to do so!!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hocus pocus!
Do you remember anyone sanctioning the 1100 attempts prior to the bca-pool
(Two) review and certification announcing that the Mosconi526 had been exceeded?
Why, heck no. C’mon, man
At least now, someone is trying to do it right, up front, for the money at hand.
Not a bird in the bush monetization of illusions.
Heads up BC.
You’ve got a rough row to hoe ahead.
Good Luck.
radar
Not a thing to those, what’s in it for me types.
Take a time out, it may come to you, but I doubt it.
Don’t remember seeing that video either.
Must have been edited, no stone, no sword, just pool cues and pred cue balls.
I wasn't aware Joe Biden was a pool fan let alone an AZB member. Welcome, Brandon.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
mosconi had or does still have the real world record. as his was at an exhibition ,not on a specially setup table, and watched by the public for its entirety.
the supposed new record was on a table set up for the particular player and taken down quickly after the run for some strange reason. and not watched for its entirety. but had a video of it which as we all know they can be compromised. i cant see how that can be recognized as official.

im sure filler or some other top player could do it trying over and over on setup conditions. but that will never replace running the balls in a tournament setting or on a table you didnt have prepared for the trial.

i applaud them trying to do this as its a great test. but already there isnt transparency on it all. that will always as in the last one hurt its recognition.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
mosconi had or does still have the real world record. as his was at an exhibition ,not on a specially setup table, and watched by the public for its entirety.
the supposed new record was on a table set up for the particular player and taken down quickly after the run for some strange reason. and not watched for its entirety. but had a video of it which as we all know they can be compromised. i cant see how that can be recognized as official.

im sure filler or some other top player could do it trying over and over on setup conditions. but that will never replace running the balls in a tournament setting or on a table you didnt have prepared for the trial.

i applaud them trying to do this as its a great test. but already there isnt transparency on it all. that will always as in the last one hurt its recognition.
You must be a member of the flat earth society!!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know is this, failing to set a new high run record when chasing it for money is a way worse failure than attempting to break that very same record with no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for doing so, yet the 1100 attempts still don't discourage the road traveled to break that record for self determination alone!!

When someone can't do something for money, that someone else did for free, that says a LOT about the person who broke the record, kind of like John pulled the sword from the stone, when the strongest in the land had all failed to do so!!

Your *opinion* is dooley noted.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As to transparency: we will do the best we can having already posted pictures of the table and the pockets with calipers, and promise live streaming.

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

By your rationale and in your eyes (BCA begs to differ), Mosconi's 526 will never be "officially" broken because the same set of circumstances do not exist today as they did in 1954. First, there are no sponsored players traveling the country promoting the sponsor's products via exhibitions. Such publicity is not needed in today's marketplace. Second, the popularity of 14.1 is a sliver of a fraction of what it was in the early to mid 20th century. What John Schmidt did and this new endeavor will do is about as close to a 14.1 exhibition we will get. I get it: Mosconi is your boy. He was the greatest ever. You don't want his record broken, etc., etc., etc. The fact of the matter is 626 is the World Record, verified by the Billiard Congress of America. The conspiracy theories are comical. Do you really believe John had the finances to contract the services of a top notch film editor to pull the wool over everyone's eyes? If I'm not mistaken, John streamed all his attempts live on Facebook free of charge for those who wanted to watch. The modern day equivalent to popping in and out of the pool hall during Mosconi's run. Records are meant to be broken and are rarely broken in the same manner or under the same set of circumstances. I really hope someone runs 627+. Not because I think 626 isn't genuine (quite the contrary) but so we can stop hearing all the negativity and nonsense surrounding one of the greatest accomplishments in our sport. Then again, if your hero falls (again) I'm sure you and others will dispute it with frivolous claims of inequality. It's sad, really.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
By your rationale and in your eyes (BCA begs to differ), Mosconi's 526 will never be "officially" broken because the same set of circumstances do not exist today as they did in 1954. First, there are no sponsored players traveling the country promoting the sponsor's products via exhibitions. Such publicity is not needed in today's marketplace. Second, the popularity of 14.1 is a sliver of a fraction of what it was in the early to mid 20th century. What John Schmidt did and this new endeavor will do is about as close to a 14.1 exhibition we will get. I get it: Mosconi is your boy. He was the greatest ever. You don't want his record broken, etc., etc., etc. The fact of the matter is 626 is the World Record, verified by the Billiard Congress of America. The conspiracy theories are comical. Do you really believe John had the finances to contract the services of a top notch film editor to pull the wool over everyone's eyes? If I'm not mistaken, John streamed all his attempts live on Facebook free of charge for those who wanted to watch. The modern day equivalent to popping in and out of the pool hall during Mosconi's run. Records are meant to be broken and are rarely broken in the same manner or under the same set of circumstances. I really hope someone runs 627+. Not because I think 626 isn't genuine (quite the contrary) but so we can stop hearing all the negativity and nonsense surrounding one of the greatest accomplishments in our sport. Then again, if your hero falls (again) I'm sure you and others will dispute it with frivolous claims of inequality. It's sad, really.
I agree with your post 100% and if anyone needs proof of denial when records are broken, all you have to do is trade out Willi's record being broken for Babe Ruth's home run record being broken by Hank Aaron, then again by Bell.

Denial of John Schmidt breaking the 526 record run does nothing be discredit the abilities to break records, and if records can't be broke, what's the whole point in keeping them!!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take this sad ass ‘IF’ this, ‘IF’ that, ‘IF’ the other, hijacking bullshit back to those ‘js’ threads and stay there with them.
It was bullshit then.
It is bullshit now.
It will always be bullshit.
Free to post, at last, till next time.
No need for salutation. rādär
Thank you for your eloquent and insightful contribution...LOL.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take this sad ass ‘IF’ this, ‘IF’ that, ‘IF’ the other, hijacking bullshit back to those ‘js’ threads and stay there with them.
It was bullshit then.
It is bullshit now.
No need for salutations. rādär
Way to address the points he raised with reason, and not blind hatred!

NOW YOURE WINNING!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with your post 100% and if anyone needs proof of denial when records are broken, all you have to do is trade out Willi's record being broken for Babe Ruth's home run record being broken by Hank Aaron, then again by Bell.

Denial of John Schmidt breaking the 526 record run does nothing be discredit the abilities to break records, and if records can't be broke, what's the whole point in keeping them!!
Yeah.. who can wait to copy and paste all the crazy allegations about John, should 627+ happen?!

Patience...

gerryf

It was bullshit then.
It is bullshit now.
No need for salutations. rādär
Danny, that's almost poetic! Have you thought of maybe putting it to music?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
we all have our differences about what determines a record. when you take things and make it personal you really take it to your own level of thinking.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
babe ruths record was broken although not under the same conditions and equipment. thats progress we have to accept.

but it was broken in sanctioned games.

how about someone breaks it in some kind of home run derby.

another way to look at it would babe ruth if here now make a better record or would he be eclipsed by the new breed of players. i think he would.

would moscoini if here compete well with all the new players, i dont know but i would think it would be close.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
babe ruths record was broken although not under the same conditions and equipment. thats progress we have to accept.

but it was broken in sanctioned games.

how about someone breaks it in some kind of home run derby.

another way to look at it would babe ruth if here now make a better record or would he be eclipsed by the new breed of players. i think he would.

would moscoini if here compete well with all the new players, i dont know but i would think it would be close.
The comparison of details is a never-ending and futile set of considerations.

John said he was going to run more than 526 balls and he did.

Today's players weren't brought up playing straight pool.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i believe he did. so did a few others in the past.

the question is not whether someone did the deed but whether it should be sanctioned as a world record or not. using some kind of standard rather than just saying it was or having one ruling party declaring it as such without a standard being followed.