SVB to Kick Off High Run Attempts

realkingcobra

Silver Member
But, but that can't be. The world's greatest table mechanic said so.
The biggest give away if you'll take the time to look, is that the cushion facings in the picture don't extend to edges if the pocket liners, they come up short because the throat of the pocket is wider than the mounted pockets, no camera angle can shorten the rails coming into the pocket, don't believe me, check the pictures just posted.
20211117_082642.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, it doesn't mean he's wrong, about the pocket cut. But he's judged it by a blurry close up photo taken with a wide angle lens. And I think shot with one hand while holding the calipers with the other. That part is wrong.

And for what it's worth I don't recall Lou ever having hundreds of pages on numerous threads written about his demeanor or honesty.
To my eye and Lou's eye, the pick posted makes the pocket facings appear parallel. I and others have proven this can be misleading.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And take a look at the pocket ear, it's not pushed in like on most GCs, its straight because the pocket facings and cloth are.cut back from the pocket liner, leaving the pocket liner to be exposed in the throat of the pocket. No camera angle is going to distort the look of the rail being short coming into the pocket liner.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I can't worry about the concerns of Glenn and his fans -- we'll never satisfy them.

But they all seem happy with the unknown specs of John Schmidt's Rebco table, though no one has any idea of what was up with that table...

And Bingo on your last observation.

Lou Figueroa
Alright, who was the table mechanic that set this table up,?

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
And you can clearly see the pocket narrowing to the throat of the pocket, unlike the gaff table in this event.
Yes, you can see it narrowing. But the lens does distort the image. Anyway, with all the talk about camera angles and lenses I just wanted to post a comparison point.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes i think you should start that thread, or just give it a rest, take a day off

even better, let’s focus on who will set up john schmidt’s upcoming 14.1 event

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doing a great job keeping the thread on page one Mr. RKC.

Lou, any updates on the next player?

We have a world champion coming in mid-December — shoots super straight.

But I’d like to wait until we get closer to announce. Pool players have a way of changing their minds.

Lou Figueroa