Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Did John publish specs on his pockets?

Lou Figueroa
Check one:
Yes
or
No
I can't worry about the concerns of Glenn and his fans -- we'll never satisfy them.

But they all seem happy with the unknown specs of John Schmidt's Rebco table, though no one has any idea of what was up with that table...
There is another big difference between the two situations that you are forgetting though. John's table was located in a public place open to inspection and measurement from anyone at any time. He very clearly was not trying to hide anything at all about that table, and who knows how many people know every last spec about the pockets because it was sure there available to be measured and inspected by anyone and everyone who desired to do so.

On the other hand, when your table is kept in a private location behind closed doors, only available to a select few that know the secret password and that are on the same "team", and you refuse to provide proof of the specs when they are requested, well that very clearly gives the exact opposite impression of John's situation. It gives the very strong appearances of trying to hide something nefarious because there really isn't any other legitimate reason for refusing to allow proof of the specs to be made available to the public. If the table was open for public inspection like John's was it would be a different story, but it isn't.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is another big difference between the two situations that you are forgetting though. John's table was located in a public place open to inspection and measurement from anyone at any time. He very clearly was not trying to hide anything at all about that table, and who knows how many people know every last spec about the pockets because it was sure there available to be measured and inspected by anyone and everyone who desired to do so.

On the other hand, when your table is kept in a private location behind closed doors, only available to a select few that know the secret password and that are on the same "team", and you refuse to provide proof of the specs when they are requested, well that very clearly gives the exact opposite impression of John's situation. It gives the very strong appearances of trying to hide something nefarious because there really isn't any other legitimate reason for refusing to allow proof of the specs to be made available to the public. If the table was open for public inspection like John's was it would be a different story, but it isn't.

I see what you're saying but did anyone walk into Easy Street with calipers and a camera -- and if they did would they even have been allowed to take pocket measurements? We will never know.

We provided a photo and then, after the endless negative comments here, came to the conclusion we were in a no win situation if we published more. So that is as it is. Privately I've seen more photos and caliper measurements and independently discussed them with the top table mechanic in our area here in St Louis. As far as I'm concerned we're good and I don't feel the need to feed the table mechanic troll here.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

We provided a photo and then, after the endless negative comments here, came to the conclusion we were in a no win situation if we published more...

That really makes no sense even if it sounds good on the surface. The pic posted was done so to show the pocket size. It was a poor picture at a distorting angle so people questioned it. You got defensive and started an unnecessary keyboard war with an equally stubborn person. You were not in a no win situation at that point.

You intended to show the pocket, first attempt failed. If had just calmly corrected that it would all be over and done with. Instead we just have more manufactured drama and suspicion.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see what you're saying but did anyone walk into Easy Street with calipers and a camera -- and if they did would they even have been allowed to take pocket measurements? We will never know.

We provided a photo and then, after the endless negative comments here, came to the conclusion we were in a no win situation if we published more. So that is as it is. Privately I've seen more photos and caliper measurements and independently discussed them with the top table mechanic in our area here in St Louis. As far as I'm concerned we're good and I don't feel the need to feed the table mechanic troll here.

Lou Figueroa
Lou, who did you talk to in St.Louis, if I may ask?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That really makes no sense even if it sounds good on the surface. The pic posted was done so to show the pocket size. It was a poor picture at a distorting angle so people questioned it. You got defensive and started an unnecessary keyboard war with an equally stubborn person. You were not in a no win situation at that point.

You intended to show the pocket, first attempt failed. If had just calmly corrected that it would all be over and done with. Instead we just have more manufactured drama and suspicion.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I understand your perspective but we will remain where we are.

Lou Figueroa

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Maybe John gaffed the pockets on the table he played on, then again, maybe he didn't!

What ever he did or didn't do has no bearing on the table your camp is presenting to the public as the table set to break the high run record, you know, the high run your camp disputes.

Your camps actions are yours and yours alone, but you seem to think deflection rather than the truth is the best, most honorable action your camp should take, right on, just like the politicians running our country. One only has to read between the lines to figure out the truth on their own😉

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
As you're well aware, I'm a top tier table mechanic as well, and I know every top tier table mechanic in this country, they've all called me at one time or another for advice. I also know who the top mechanic in St. Louis, MO is, i will reach out and talk to him, but to avoid busting your bubble, I'll keep the conversation to myself just because I don't believe anyone you call to the table is going to break JS high run record on the spot, not even with the gaff pockets to help the run, 99% of the balls missed ending any high run attempt is not going to come by way of rattling a ball in the pockets!!!!!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
You and Bobby Chamberlain and anybody else could have gone and inspected and measured John's table or had someone local do it. If you didn't, that's on you, but John opened his table and his attempts to the public. You even could have asked him for the pocket dimension specs and proof by picture or on video while he was in the process of attempting to break the record as the public has asked of you, but it really wasn't necessary since anybody could have just stopped by and checked in person to their hearts content.

Here is the way I think most people see things. You only hide things when you have something to hide. John's table as well as his attempts were completely open to anyone from the public, so all appearances are that he clearly wasn't trying to hide anything and had nothing to hide. You guys on the other hand are hiding things left and right (pocket specs, prize funds, table mechanic, the "committee members", and on and on and on--there isn't much that isn't being hidden), and as the saying goes, you only hide things when you have something to hide.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don’t know about all this back and forth drama repeat each day. Pictures can be deceiving as we all know and have been shown examples, and people can be stubborn af. Myself included of course. I would, and have, cut off my nose to spite my face.

In the shoes of BC or L I would probably not post pictures either just because of the tone people took so quickly. Or I’d wait until I had a large bet on the outcome...as long as I knew I was winner winner cena de pollo.

Shane and Ruslan both ran a gang of balls on the table. I wonder if one or the other would’ve said something if the pockets were obviously abnormal? Would they want to spend time and energy going for a record high run knowing something like that was hanging out in the bushes? No se’

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As you're well aware, I'm a top tier table mechanic as well, and I know every top tier table mechanic in this country, they've all called me at one time or another for advice. I also know who the top mechanic in St. Louis, MO is, i will reach out and talk to him, but to avoid busting your bubble, I'll keep the conversation to myself just because I don't believe anyone you call to the table is going to break JS high run record on the spot, not even with the gaff pockets to help the run, 99% of the balls missed ending any high run attempt is not going to come by way of rattling a ball in the pockets!!!!!

Glenn, I happen to know more about your business practices and the "quality" of your work than you could possibly guess.

But look, call whom you want. The people I choose to talk to have enough integrity to not share a private discussion, so knock yourself out.

Lou Figueroa