SVB vs Chung Lin pay per view. Who do you like ?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If JL Chang shows as little form in this match as he did at the US Open, I think Shane wins going away, perhaps as decisively as 120-88. Chang looked nothing like the Chang of 2018-19 at the US Open and the lack of tough match and/or action match experience over the past couple of years appears to have caught up with him.

I guess it's possible that Chang rediscovers his form, but participation in the recent 10-ball events in Las Vegas wasn't enough to make him match tough for the US Open and his shockingly bad play at the US Open, in which he nearly lost 11-0 to Albin in the match that eliminated him, doesn't bode well.

Looks like Shane's turn here. To be honest, I'm surprised Chang is even taking him on at this moment in time., but perhaps this match is just what he needs to begin the process of regaining his form of a couple of years ago.

Wishing the best of luck to these fine players.

Last edited:

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, I'm surprised Chang is even taking him on at this moment in time.
Don't be too surprised.

It's a free payday for the players, who will get an appearance fee or a cut of the PPV earnings.

The stakehorses are the only ones whose money is at risk... if this isn't simply another exhibition being pawned off as a big money match.

And some people still wonder why U.S. bookmakers avoid professional pool.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Don't be too surprised.

It's a free payday for the players, who will get an appearance fee or a cut of the PPV earnings.

The stakehorses are the only ones whose money is at risk... if this isn't simply another exhibition being pawned off as a big money match.

And some people still wonder why U.S. bookmakers avoid professional pool.
Point well taken.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is rack your own, Chang recent form is horrible. Shane looks like slight favorite here but is under big pressure to win and that may work against him. Chang playing loose is very dangerous.

Let us who crystal ball predict will win.

CRYSTAL BALL PREDICTION
Winner is player who has in his name those letters below in the crystal ball :ROFLMAO:

cb1.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane by 10+ games. Shane's break is just too good. Maybe just Shane, Shaw, and Filler might be the only ones that can consistently BNR at 40%.

I know JLC beat Shane at the race to 50, but Shane had a horrible first day and his match total BNR was still 40%+ and JLC was around 37%.

Long race and Shane will prevail.
B&R (BR) is a sexy stat but the better stat of who will win is Break Win % (BW) which is actually easier to eyeball and estimate than BR when you watch a match. If player break 10x, how many did he win rather than how many he break and run. Of cos rack win not by BR is harder work but is still a win.
In their previous match, Shane had higher BR but still lost cos Chang had high Break Win % (BW) i.e. lost few racks on his break to Shane and stole more racks from Shane's break- in other words, Chang had better post-break game, decision making, defence safety, moves. Shaw also had high BR than Shane in their long race match few years ago but still lost cos Shane made up for low BR retaining break on racks he did not BR and also by stealing more racks off Shaw's break :LOL:

stat11.JPG

8intheside

Get a neutral racker and a wood rack if you want to see if Shane's break is really too good.

Rack your own, template rack, with no checking racks is simply a gaff game.

Shane wouldn't even play if he couldn't rig the rack.
Let’s just say he is rigging the rack. You don’t think other pros know how? They aren’t having the success he is. So it must be Shane’s overall game that makes him so good.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I'm watching the stream right now, a half hour before the match is supposed to start. All I can say is I hope they get that table level!