SVB Vs Gorst, first round in World Pool Master

Smutzc

Been thinking about SVB vs Gorst. Before I get into my observation, want to be clear I really admire Fedor’s game and how he is about the best ambassador for the sport.

But…. With him not being on the big stage consistently over the last year or year and a half, however long it has been. I would think if I was a betting man I would have to favor Shane for this match up.

I’ve watched some of Fedor’s more recent matches playing whoever he can, and it looks like he has not been playing at the speed we have come to expect out of him. No question he is a phenomenal player, and I’m in no way trying to put him down. Just an observation from a fans point of view.

I know Fedor will easily be able to shake through it and get back to being the best in the world. All though think it will take playing the best players in the world for him to do so

Reactions: SEB

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Fedor was sensational at the International in November with gold in 10-ball and bronze in 9-ball. He absolutely dominated at the Derby City 9-ball in January, including beating SVB in the final.

My pick here is Fedor although it's a very close matchup.

The WPM field is loaded!

Monti

The bookies giving it to Svb easily. They have Fedor at 16-1 for the whole thing, which is 8 th best. Zheng at 66-1 is worth a punt?

TLDamian

Sure to be a great match. Between the two of them it's going to be a toss up to see who gets the better rolls.

Personally I'm rooting for Francisco Sánchez Ruíz to take the whole thing.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bookies giving it to Svb easily. They have Fedor at 16-1 for the whole thing, which is 8 th best. Zheng at 66-1 is worth a punt?

the OP assumption applies better to zheng. talk about being out of competition. fedor has shaked that by now, although he has never really performed well at matchroom events

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has been spending time in Philippines recently and in action, practicing, as well as enjoying a little R&R. The thing about Filipino pool, though, is that there are many unknown players who can probably beat many of today's current super stars. Shane will be in dead-punch stroke. He's also accustomed to the limelight and Matchrom hoopla on the broadcast events.

Fedor is no slouch. That's for sure, but he doesn't have the seasoning that Shane has when it comes to competing in Matchroom-type environments. Can he win? Heck yeah, he can win with the short-race format. But the smart money would be betting on Shane.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the new format, 9,9,11&13 final along with winner break, I can see it shaking out like a mini WC9. I'd bet on one of the previous 7 WC9 winners that are in this field, possibly more if I missed someone...
Really like this change and believe this event will be even more exciting this year!

TrxR

I seen that there is a rumor on Facebook that Fedor may be replaced as he is having problems getting his visa or something .

BlueRaider

Registered
I seen that there is a rumor on Facebook that Fedor may be replaced as he is having problems getting his visa or something .
world pool masters.PNG

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i bet svb doesn't feel too bad. even though hoang knocked him out of the W9C earlier this year

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If so, they can add 2019 WPM Champion Alcaide, whose absence is noteworthy.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom also knows that if Shane loses, Americans will stop watching.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Matchroom chose a strong replacement.
That guy doesn't miss very often.
It's too bad he looks like he's shoveling sh!t the entire time he is playing.
He makes pool look painful rather than fun. He needs to show some emotion once in a while.
GL to the players.