SvB's shoes.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Several years ago, Rodney Morris said he wore "Moose Billiard Shoes"....anybody know about them? I have a pair of Hush Puppy leather sneakers that I like...certainly didn't cost over a grand though. :eek:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Proper shoes:

Who doesn't want to look like a wise guy????:D:D

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DF50DE67-E96E-46ED-B881-254AC04B719F.jpeg

January 2016 Derby we took this pic. He still has that watch. I still have mine. I bought that watch in 2002.

The real question is why am I so pink? 🐽 wtf?!??

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that just like Shane? Cheaping out...does it with his watch as well. A cheap Tag Heuer instead of a Patek Phillipe. :rolleyes:
All jokes aside. SVB always dresses in sharp cloths, has a great car and takes good care of his stuff. I respect that. He is proud of his stuff and takes care of it, he doesn’t let his stuff define him. Which is why I’ve always respected him as a person. His pool game is a bit questionable…….but who’s perfect?

Majik89d

Registered
I saw Fedor wearing Hoka's, which are quality running shoes popular with nurses. My wife works 12 hour shifts in the ICU and says most everyone wears them.

I have slightly flatter feet, so I wound up with Brooks running shoes, and they minimized my knee pain when shooting for long hours. Would definitely think we could get a running shoe sponsor into the mix in the future.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what all those holes are for?
I'm not sure if this is a serious question or you are initiating a joke. If it's the former, it's just to keep the shoe ventilated. If it's to set up a joke, then lay it on me. I don't offend easily.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The only thing I would care about is if everyone was playing under the same rules and if the rules used matched the rulebook.

I have noticed Shane playing in plain black shoes but with a white ring all the way around the bottom. I suspect athletic shoes, who knows?

Shoes are important playing pool, especially on a smooth floor. My boots were unavailable one evening and I went out to shoot pool wearing some nice leather dress shoes. It wasn't too long into play when my foot slipped out from under me and I planted my "personals" most forcefully against the corner of the table! A few hours later I did it again. Felt like a full power shot from somebody wearing a size thirteen! My eyeballs were floating and I am none too sure it was in tears.

I got home and started taking the shoes off. As each one came off I gave it a fling at the garbage can across the room. A hundred bucks gone to hell in the seventies or early eighties but those things never sabotaged my pool game again. Try playing when you are waiting on the third "gotcha" to happen!

I wish Shane the best of luck. Hope he knocks them dead, wearing the same shoes everyone else can wear!

Hu