Szamboti Propeller Inlay With a Special Touch

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue has been on my mind since I unwrapped it from the bubble wrap the first day of the Super Billiards Expo at VF this year.
The cue was personally delivered by Barry that Thursday morning to Kenny C (fourkingscues) and I fell in love with the design.
There were two dream cues by Barry that I wanted - Peacock Cue and the Propeller Cue.
Here is the Propeller Cue with a Special Twist to it.
The Special Touch is the fact that this cue has a 3/8" pin for a joint pin.
There are not many Szamboti cues that exist in collections with the 3/8" Pin - have been told this is only Number 7 with that pin - so it is rare and special to me.

I have to thank Kenny C (fourkingscues) for allowing me to adopt this treasure and I really appreciate your following up with me after all these months since the SBE.
BTW - when I personally picked this cue up from Kenny, there was more eye candy of Szam's that I was tempted to take another.
Kenny - Thanks Again!

Images of entire cue...

WholeCue-1.jpg

WholeCue-2.jpg

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Butt Images

The detail of the work completed by Barry in the Butt section of the cue in just incredible.
Everything is sharp and the cue looks great.

For all you BUTT LOVERS - Enjoy!

Butt-1.jpg

Butt-2.jpg

Butt-3.jpg

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forearm Images

The veneers in this cue are a perfect color combination that is highlited by the wrap.
Perfect design with the ring work and the topped off with razor sharp points.

So - What do you think?

Forearm-1.jpg

Forearm-2.jpg

Forearm-3.jpg

Forearm-4.jpg

Forearm-5.jpg

Forearm-7.jpg

Forearm-6.jpg

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joint and Joint Pin

Before I start this last set of images, I feel both honored and lucky to have picked up something special like this cue.
It was special to me since the Propeller Design was always one of my favorite classical designs, it has the 3/8X10 Pin, and a friend made sure through the last six months that if this cue was ever to be for sale that I would have first chance to buy it.
Kenny - Thank You My Friend!

The finishing touch to the set of images of this beauty of a cue is the joint area, the cue caps and the large pin.
One special looking cue!

Hope you enjoyed all the images.
Myron

Joint-1.jpg

Joint-2.jpg

Joint-3.jpg

Joint-4.jpg

Joint-5.jpg

Joint-6.jpg

Joint-7.jpg

Joint-8.jpg

Joint-9.jpg

Joint-10.jpg

Last edited:

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue. I'm personally more of a fan of peacock cues. You mention your other dream cue is a peacock cue, has that already been made or is it a future endeavor?

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
myron, i'm glad you ended up with that cue, that definitely caught everyone's attention at valley forge. when you look at the inlay design and veneer colors the pin is just the icing on the cake. little kenny always has the good stuff!! congrats on a fantasic cue.

guy

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
WOW What a cue. Like you said Myron the 3/8x10 pin is very rare for this cue & the veneer colors, wrap, & cue caps make this cue look absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pics & congrats on a beautiful cue.
Jeff

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super nice cue congrats !!!!:eek:
Thank You!
Beautiful cue. I'm personally more of a fan of peacock cues. You mention your other dream cue is a peacock cue, has that already been made or is it a future endeavor?
The Peacock Cue made it to my collection 2 years ago and it was my first cue by Barry (thanks to the CueAddicts on that one).
What a beauty!!!
I am also a fan of the propeller designs....:smile:
Such a classical design.
I am hoping for another Propeller Cue but by another cue maker.
myron, i'm glad you ended up with that cue, that definitely caught everyone's attention at valley forge. when you look at the inlay design and veneer colors the pin is just the icing on the cake. little kenny always has the good stuff!! congrats on a fantasic cue.
guy
Guy - The cue caught everyone's eye but Kenny had a real tight grip.
I am hoping to remove the finger marks soon!
As for Kenny having good choice, he seems to find them and move them quickly.
Some just never make it to the gallery so it is always good to let him know what you are looking for.
He moved some cues today with nothing but phone calls...
One is coming your way!
WHICH ONE?
Great looking cue, does it see much table time??
Thank You!
As for table time, this one is headed for an afternoon of play tomorrow.
WOW What a cue. Like you said Myron the 3/8x10 pin is very rare for this cue & the veneer colors, wrap, & cue caps make this cue look absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pics & congrats on a beautiful cue.
Jeff
Jeff - The whole design flows from tip to butt cap... JUST BEAUTIFUL!
Thank You!

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Thank You!
As for table time, this one is headed for an afternoon of play tomorrow.

Very good to hear that. Ivory with a big pin is my favorite kind of joint. I'll guess that it plays pretty good. :wink:

dave sutton

Banned
myron this cue is amazing. i heard the story of this cue for a long time. kenny told me he ordered a 3x8-10 ffrom barry which is very rare and barry said no at first. then later told kenny he would do 3x8-10. so months go by and i was in barrys shop ans he showed me this cue before it was finished. i knew whoever got it would be very happy. to see it all the way finished is truely amazing.

IMO szamboti propellor cues are THE best cue made . period. no question asked.

to have it be one of 5 10 pins made makes it that much more special.

dave sutton

Banned
also i want to point out how white that ivory is. we were discussing the looks of ivory a few weeks ago or so and i said i had pieces that dont even liik like ivory they are soooo white. this is another example