Table Height.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my wisdom or there a lack of of, I decided when I installed my table to raise it up roughly 1.5" i figured it would be easier on my back. The problem I've noticed is my reach is now limited, I figured this out when i hit the local hall and my reach on that table was much better, less stretching.

My question is what the normal height from the floor to the top of the rails, also would I be wise to use 2 jacks to lift the table level and lower the casters and then hopefully lower the table back down evenly. I really don't want to disrupt the slate and ruin the new cloth I just had installed etc.

Edit* my current height from the floor to the top of the rails is 33 3/4" maybe this is normal and its all in my head.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my wisdom or there a lack of of, I decided when I installed my table to raise it up roughly 1.5" i figured it would be easier on my back. The problem I've noticed is my reach is now limited, I figured this out when i hit the local hall and my reach on that table was much better, less stretching.

My question is what the normal height from the floor to the top of the rails, also would I be wise to use 2 jacks to lift the table level and lower the casters and then hopefully lower the table back down evenly. I really don't want to disrupt the slate and ruin the new cloth I just had installed etc.

Edit* my current height from the floor to the top of the rails is 33 3/4" maybe this is normal and its all in my head.

Thanks in advance.

That sounds about right. The bed of my table is 31" off the floor.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds about right. The bed of my table is 31" off the floor.

Thanks for the reply, maybe the table at the pool hall was lower it sure felt a lot more comfortable when reaching up table then mine does and I have the exact same table. I'm 5'10" so its not like I'm considered short :)

Thanks again,

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my table 6" higher. I have sciatica and it tremendously helps my pain level while playing. Shots are definitely harder to reach, but in my case the trade off is well worth it.

Can you leave it as is to give yourself more time to get used to it,

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh and to measure to the bed, stick a tape measure in one of the pockets. You usually can find a straight path in one of the pockets for the tape to reach the floor.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply guys, it's not as bad as i originally thought. I should have mentioned i had a few pints while shooting at the pool-hall and must have made me a little more limber then normal. :)

Thanks again,