Table Mechanic in San Jose, CA

hax

Registered
Hello, I’m looking for a table mechanic in San Jose, CA for a Brunswick table. Are there any recommendations? Level table, install cloth, and may be rail work (depending on pricing).

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hello, I’m looking for a table mechanic in San Jose, CA for a Brunswick table. Are there any recommendations? Level table, install cloth, and may be rail work (depending on pricing).
What kind of rail work?

hax

Registered
What kind of rail work?
Tightening up the pockets from the huge gaping holes that are from Brunswick. Diamond-spec, like my local hall. I reached out to Donny, he doesn't travel any more, neither. I am (currently) planning to send him my rails via UPS, but will need my son to help me when he is in town, to take down the rails off the table. Then will need someone to recloth, and level the table/rails.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Good luck
Tightening up the pockets from the huge gaping holes that are from Brunswick. Diamond-spec, like my local hall. I reached out to Donny, he doesn't travel any more, neither. I am (currently) planning to send him my rails via UPS, but will need my son to help me when he is in town, to take down the rails off the table. Then will need someone to recloth, and level the table/rails.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
If you know someone that can do the rail work properly and you're ok with the price, it's a great idea.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It sounds like you think this is not a good idea. Rail modifications in general? Leave it as is?
To get the skills needed to correctly tighten the pockets and recover your table is a gamble, but anyone you hire will gladly take your money, and perform the job based on the skills they bring with them. It's after they're done is when you find out what level of skills they really brought with them, because if you have to call them back, you won't get any better work done, guaranteed.

hax

Registered
To get the skills needed to correctly tighten the pockets and recover your table is a gamble, but anyone you hire will gladly take your money, and perform the job based on the skills they bring with them.

Yep, it’s definitely a risk, trying to find good people. Reached out to a few with DMs and email. Got another lead to go on too.

I keep thinking, though, maybe I can sell my wife on a Diamond Paragon.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yep, it’s definitely a risk, trying to find good people. Reached out to a few with DMs and email. Got another lead to go on too.

I keep thinking, though, maybe I can sell my wife on a Diamond
All depends on what she wants in return😅🤣😂

• Wow
Reactions: hax

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
To get the skills needed to correctly tighten the pockets and recover your table is a gamble, but anyone you hire will gladly take your money, and perform the job based on the skills they bring with them. It's after they're done is when you find out what level of skills they really brought with them, because if you have to call them back, you won't get any better work done, guaranteed.
Does RKC have a recommendation? He told me to have Josh Ebert at Club Billiards do my GC rails, they turned out very nice.

Thank you Mr. RKC.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does RKC have a recommendation? He told me to have Josh Ebert at Club Billiards do my GC rails, they turned out very nice.

Thank you Mr. RKC.
I gave the OP the contact info for the mechanic who did the work on my table.

Reactions: hax

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Steve , who does contract work for West State Billiards is more than qualified to tighten your GC.
It's not rocket science.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Steve , who does contract work for West State Billiards is more than qualified to tighten your GC.
It's not rocket science.
Never seen a rocket scientist working on a pool table before, but I did install a pool table for a nuclear physicist once. I asked him if I should drop the table off and he could install it, he respectfully declined😅🤣

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
When they try to Diamonize Gold Crowns, more gaffing happens.
If it's a GC3, quit diamonizing it
Who said anything about "Diamondizing a GC"? Then I guess I need to settle for my gaffed GC, it sure plays nice compared to one with thick facings and incorrect miters though.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Who said anything about "Diamondizing a GC"? Then I guess I need to settle for my gaffed GC, it sure plays nice compared to one with thick facings and incorrect miters though.
It takes thin plywood to extend the rails.
Your butcher chose thicker pocket facings instead.