Taom Chalk

jbart65

I actually think a round chalk is the best shape for ... round cue tips. It wears more evenly. No sharp corners.

Round and square are like oil and water.

Octagonal and hexagonal are also better than square IMO. Octagonal is kind of round and has enough edge not to run away.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
IMO 100% it's Taom V10.
From the horse's mouth as they say...:
Screenshot from 2024-01-17 06-44-16.png

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used 4 cylinders of the chalk as of now and have 4 more stored. Christmas my wife bought me 5 more so now I have nine.
My wife doesn't buy me stuff for my pool playing,,she bought the chalk because she noticed there wasn't a blue haze around the
room of chalk dust that had settled on everything and couldn't stand it. That was when I used only Masters

smiling_Hans

I have used 4 cylinders of the chalk as of now and have 4 more stored. Christmas my wife bought me 5 more so now I have nine.
My wife doesn't buy me stuff for my pool playing,,she bought the chalk because she noticed there wasn't a blue haze around the
room of chalk dust that had settled on everything and couldn't stand it. That was when I used only Masters
So it doesn't really leave residue?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I highly doubt there is anything different besides the shape, and if there was, what spectacular advantage would it have... :unsure:
You're assuming the difference is an advantage. Who said it was...?

My guess is that the difference, if there is one, is a failure of some QA check. Like they added too much of whatever into the slurry and now can't brand it V10. Alex's investors offer to buy said slurry if it produced into cubes and brand it pagulayan.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I don't think V10 is been in the market long enough for me to manage going through 4 pieces...lol. That said, if you chalking with anything enough to leave dust around the room. Your habits are definitely different then mine...lol

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it doesn't really leave residue?
I can see from time to times some gold or yellow streaks across my cloth , but with masters chalk there was always a mess. I chalk up before each shot. preshot routine . The residue from the masters would get into the cloth and my hands were filthy all the time. Clean as I may , couldn't keep up with the mess. With the Toam chalk I can play for hours and you couldn't tell I had even been around a table to play.

smiling_Hans

I can see from time to times some gold or yellow streaks across my cloth , but with masters chalk there was always a mess. I chalk up before each shot. preshot routine . The residue from the masters would get into the cloth and my hands were filthy all the time. Clean as I may , couldn't keep up with the mess. With the Toam chalk I can play for hours and you couldn't tell I had even been around a table to play.
Masters isn’t all that bad when my pool hall gives the yellow label chalk brand. A damn mess.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wonder if anyone has had a chance to try pagulayans green chalk and compare it to v10 at the table?

rharm

Registered
Wonder if anyone has had a chance to try pagulayans green chalk and compare it to v10 at the table?
I bought a piece from his booth at the DCC and started using it after I got home. I noticed no difference from the V10

Reactions: bbb

rharm

Registered
You're assuming the difference is an advantage. Who said it was...?

My guess is that the difference, if there is one, is a failure of some QA check. Like they added too much of whatever into the slurry and now can't brand it V10. Alex's investors offer to buy said slurry if it produced into cubes and brand it pagulayan.
When I talked with him at the DCC, he said they've been working with Taom for just under a year to get everything worked out. He also said it is like 99.9% the same, but has to be slightly different in order to sell it under his name.