Taom Chalk

Flakeandrun

Has anyone used Ding Jun Hui's branded chalk? Got given a piece of it yesterday by a guy I recently matched up with for some 10-ball games. It's also made in Finland... pretty sure it's the same thing Pagulayan be dealing... Got given a free piece of it, so when I am done with my current piece of Taom sometime in the next decade I'll try it. It's slightly lighter blue than Pagulayan's (there is also a green version). Will post a picture later when I am at home, or you can google it.

What’s so special about Ding Junhui chalk?

Just copied the first link from Bing. Haven't tried it, as I posted before, I don't eat my chalk like you people :ROFLMAO:

Edit:
https://greenbaize.com/ding-chalk-green.html
20GBP so it's priced like Pag's and Taom

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interested in giving it a try but can't find any in grey or silver. My home table is being set up this summer and will have grey cloth.

dendweller

So of you get some taom v10 on amazon, do you think it should come in a sealed package? I just got a couple, they are in bubble wrap inside a small baggie. For 20 bucks, I guess I expect a sealed package that looks like it came from the company.

TrxR

So of you get some taom v10 on amazon, do you think it should come in a sealed package? I just got a couple, they are in bubble wrap inside a small baggie. For 20 bucks, I guess I expect a sealed package that looks like it came from the company.
From the manufacturer it comes in a padded box but it's not sealed.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks, I think these are going back.

I've ordered v10 twice now on Amazon, no problemo.

The Taom company isn't fulfilling on Amazon, retailers are. The retailers buy at wholesale pricing, in bulk, which means no individual boxes/packages, then ship out the single cubes/cylinders in various forms of wrapping.

Chances are very good that your chalk is fine.

TrxR

I've ordered v10 twice now on Amazon, no problemo.

The Taom company isn't fulfilling on Amazon, retailers are. The retailers buy at wholesale pricing, in bulk, which means no individual boxes/packages, then ship out the single cubes/cylinders in various forms of wrapping.

Chances are very good that your chalk is fine.
I agree the retailers are buying a full box of 9 then shipping out individually in what ever packaging they see fit.

dendweller

This chalk definitely seems less messy. Was cleaning my space heaters in the basement where the table is. The filters appeared to have the color of the chalk I was using on them. Thought it was time to try something new.

Not sold on the circle though, maybe I'll order some of Alex's.

Greg M

Thats the beauty of Taom. It won't get all over your table. Use any color with confidence.
Kind of begs the question as though why they release different colours, along with "pool" and "snooker" versions. I've seen snooker players using Pyro on the green cloth and American pool players using V10 on the worsted cloth. Can any of them be used in any cue sport? The blue 2.0 for English pool, for example? Or the Soft for American pool?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of begs the question as though why they release different colours, along with "pool" and "snooker" versions. I've seen snooker players using Pyro on the green cloth and American pool players using V10 on the worsted cloth. Can any of them be used in any cue sport? The blue 2.0 for English pool, for example? Or the Soft for American pool?
No idea. Good questions though.

Flakeandrun

It's chalk. Not sure it matters that much.

The tips are the same materials. The balls are the same materials. Why should the chalk be different?

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play my green Taom V10 now for around two month (i never thought that i wright this one day, because in my understanding 15€ was way to much for a piece of chalk). I played on blue cloth, i played on TV grey cloth.....no chalk marks at all. HECK, yesterday i played a league game against an opponent with a pink Taom chalk on our blue cloth......nothing. Love that chalk