TAP teams with Tommy Kennedy

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taken from the TAP newsletter.

1992 U.S Open 9 Ball Champion, Tommy Kennedy has become TAP's newest licensee in Florida. Tommy recently purchased Manatee county along with Bay Area TAP licensees Mike and Shannon Mofield. Their new league will be known as Sunshine State TAP.
For those of you who are not familiar with Tommy, he won the 1992 U.S. Open 9 ball championship by besting then #1 ranked player, Johnny Archer, in two sets with the final score being a resounding 9-1. He was at that time the only unranked player to ever win the U.S. Open. Just as TAP was the underdog in the league business for so many years it seems only fitting that the two biggest underdogs team up to shake things up in the billiard league business. Tommy is a fixture on the Florida 9 Ball Tour and is currently the #1 ranked player on that tour.Tommy has won more than 130 tournament titles, including six times as the Florida state champion. He will be available at our Rally event at the SBE and at our nationals for trick shot exitbitions, challenge matches, pictures and autographs. Tommy stated in a email to TAP.. "I am so excited to get started with my involvement with the TAP league. Thank you so much for this opportunity and I promise I will be an excellent representative for TAP."
Tommy Kennedy

From all of us at TAP, let us say that we are all extremely excited to have a ambassador of pool such as Tom on board with TAP. He is a great addition to the TAP family.We are confident that he will not only get the word out about TAP in Florida but also across the U.S. and Canada.
Welcome to the TAP family, Tommy!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is really great news. I wish Tommy and Tap all the best!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know him but he always seemed like a good guy to me. I'm sure he will do well.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People like Tommy, Allen Hopkins, Miz, Scott Lee and others are good examples of what you can do if you don't just sit on your ass complaining waiting for a hand out, even in a sport like pool.

Sorry it had to be said.

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
I know Tommy will do great and represent the industry as he always has! He is a top notch super good guy the you can never say enough good things about. Good luck Preacher Man and I cant wait to see you again.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
One of the nicest guys in pool. Good luc in your new adventure Tommy. John Terrell