TAR 17, thanks Eric and Corey Deuel

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thanks to Eric Hu (Eric on AZ) who is usually a man of few typed words for doing a TERRIFIC job in the booth. Corey Deuel's observations were great - he loosened up and it was very enjoyable to hear the interaction.

Spectacular job Eric!
 
I thought it was interesting that Corey Deuel referred to the power break as hitting it hard and hoping to get luckyand referred to the controlled break as perfection in pool.

He commented about the U.S. Open, how they changed the rack spot to thwart him, and laughed that racking the nine on the spot "made it earier in some ways" as he was putting the one in the side almost every time.

Truly, Corey has some well formed opinions. He went there just to enjoy watching Donny's style of pool and I enjoyed his comments.

Chris
 
I remember watching Corey play 6 ball, man he had that soft break down pat.
 
Hey Tate,

Thanks for the shout out, I'm glad someone enjoyed it, lol.

I really enjoyed working with Corey. He has a ton of knowledge and great insight into the game. I tried to keep Corey talking about what he is best at; Pool. I was hoping that some of the questions would be answers that many would be interested in hearing from Corey, had they been in a conversation with him.

I really enjoyed the match. IMO, this was anybody's match until SVB started to break em hard. There were several momentum changes i.e. SVB had all of it at 15-5, Donny had all of it when his break started working half way into day one, etc. There were outstanding runouts and great shots. Donny's soft break, ryo 9 ball game is tremendous.

I hope we were able to keep everyone entertained for the two days. Personally, that was one of the most amazing sets of 9 ball I've had a chance to watch.


Eric
 
Last edited:
Hey Tate,

Thanks for the shout out, I'm glad someone enjoyed it, lol.

I really enjoyed working with Corey. He has a ton of knowledge and great insight into the game. I tried to keep Corey talking about what he is best at; Pool. I was hoping that some of the questions would be answers that many would be interested in hearing from Corey, had they been in a conversation with him.

I really enjoyed the match. IMO, this was anybody's match until SVB started to break em hard. There were several momentum changes i.e. SVB had all of it at 15-5, Donny had all of it when his break started working half way into day one, etc. There were outstanding runouts and great shots. Donny's soft break, ryo 9 ball game is tremendous.

I hope we were able to keep everyone entertained for the two days. Personally, that was one of the most amazing sets of 9 ball I've had a chance to watch.


Eric

I actually learned more about breaking than any other I've seen and it one of the best matches I've seen so far. With a few different rools and a little more stamina, it could have gone to the wire. How would you like to see a 99 - 99 match some day? Let's hope we see that!

Chris
 
Back
Top