TAR / CSI Podcasts?

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure with the closing of TAR matches if this means the end of the TAR/CSI Podcasts. Many of the subjects covered were not TAR specific but rather CSI events or the pool industry in general.

Subjects in need of discussion IMO are:

1. The closing of TAR. :frown:
2. Future coverage of events by Justin. Will these still be under the TAR banner?
3. The Straight8s (spelling? / name?)... events and Justin’s work with them.
4. Another successful Swannee! (some big names were missing this year but the field was very strong) Congrats to Dennis O. !!!
AND related to this -- Ozzy – I believe this was his first event under the CSI banner. Maybe I little camera time with him and his thoughts.
5. CSI – Bar Table / US Open 1 Pkt is just around the corner. Is this one with Ozzy front and center?... Justin will be there again what is the stream / PPV schedule? --- lets hear all about it...
6. Heaven help me but Bonus Ball held the finals – got it on ESPN3 --- any thoughts?
7. There was an interesting interview posted on AZ with Greg Sullivan. Did Mark / Justin or Ozzy get a chance to watch it? thoughts?
8. Justin was going to clean out the closest? Where is the FOR SALE Post! LOL

This is just a couple off the top of my head... I hope they continue to comment and discuss the industry and the game. I have always enjoyed the PodCasts....:thumbup:

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Not sure with the closing of TAR matches if this means the end of the TAR/CSI Podcasts. Many of the subjects covered were not TAR specific but rather CSI events or the pool industry in general.

Subjects in need of discussion IMO are:

1. The closing of TAR. :frown:
2. Future coverage of events by Justin. Will these still be under the TAR banner?
3. The Straight8s (spelling? / name?)... events and Justin’s work with them.
4. Another successful Swannee! (some big names were missing this year but the field was very strong) Congrats to Dennis O. !!!
AND related to this -- Ozzy – I believe this was his first event under the CSI banner. Maybe I little camera time with him and his thoughts.
5. CSI – Bar Table / US Open 1 Pkt is just around the corner. Is this one with Ozzy front and center?... Justin will be there again what is the stream / PPV schedule? --- lets hear all about it...
6. Heaven help me but Bonus Ball held the finals – got it on ESPN3 --- any thoughts?
7. There was an interesting interview posted on AZ with Greg Sullivan. Did Mark / Justin or Ozzy get a chance to watch it? thoughts?
8. Justin was going to clean out the closest? Where is the FOR SALE Post! LOL

This is just a couple off the top of my head... I hope they continue to comment and discuss the industry and the game. I have always enjoyed the PodCasts....:thumbup:

I would like to hear about the same stuff. I wonder if he will keep doing the podcasts?

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
promo

I love the podcasts as well. I think they were probably more of a way to promote the upcoming TAR matches. I can't see them putting time and money into doing them with nothing to promote for.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll miss them too, but a quick story: I always watched the podcasts on youtube on my TV. My wife looked at what I was watching for a few seconds, and said "is that all those guys do is complain about pool?" Several more times over the months she would see it, hear them *****ing and moaning about the state of pool, and make a sarcastic comment about them.

Honestly, I didn't even really realize it or think about it, but when she commented on it I realized how true it was. Most of that podcast, when it was just Justin and Mark, was them *****ing. I loved it when it was the players at the table, though.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I want to put my request in if Justin is cleaning out the closet of goodies. I want a TAR Hoody sweat shirt! 2x if any are left??? My pop's got one at Derby from Nasty when Dippy was doing his thing. It says on the back "pool is a beautiful game played by ugly people" Joe Rogan. That is one I missed at the time and regret not getting one at the time. I get jealous watching my pop's sport his so often. He loves that thing. Wears it all the time.

KD

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there is much more to this than meets the eye
It seem awfully strange the way TAR just up and shut down
I have my thoughts but I'm not going to speculate at the moment

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
One more thing I find weird! CSI brought Ozzy cross country to run CSI believing Justin was not available or interested in taking over for Mark when he steps down???

I know health issues made Mark make moves to find a successor. With TAR folding, I could see Justin at the helm of that ship. I say that cause we all want to see Justin land on his feet in something he loves and WANTS?

I would love to know if Justin turned it down? Wanted the opportunity? Plans to be CSI head of technology, Event Production or some other title that brings him under the CSI umbrella.

Mark is still running the show at CSI and the next few years will be very interesting at CSI and TAR. I just think he has too much invested to walk completely away and change industries. He is a good dude and a BIG loss to our pool industry if he switches industries.

KD

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more thing I find weird! CSI brought Ozzy cross country to run CSI believing Justin was not available or interested in taking over for Mark when he steps down???

I know health issues made Mark make moves to find a successor. With TAR folding, I could see Justin at the helm of that ship. I say that cause we all want to see Justin land on his feet in something he loves and WANTS?

I would love to know if Justin turned it down? Wanted the opportunity? Plans to be CSI head of technology, Event Production or some other title that brings him under the CSI umbrella.

Mark is still running the show at CSI and the next few years will be very interesting at CSI and TAR. I just think he has too much invested to walk completely away and change industries. He is a good dude and a BIG loss to our pool industry if he switches industries.

KD
Some of my thoughts involve your first sentence

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Preliminary

Hello folks!

Although things are not completely finalized, the plan is for CSI to continue doing Podcasts and on a more regular basis. We will keep you posted.

I did attend the Swanee. I will be at The US Bar Table Championships in Reno, NV and Justin will be streaming the event.

Justin is incredibly good at what he does and has made a permanent imprint on the "pool world." I can't comment on the other speculation other than to say that Justin is a good guy and intelligent enough to do whatever he chooses.

I am excited to be a part of the CSI team and there will be much more information coming in the near future. Changes are in the making. Thank you.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Hello folks!

Although things are not completely finalized, the plan is for CSI to continue doing Podcasts and on a more regular basis. We will keep you posted.

I did attend the Swanee. I will be at The US Bar Table Championships in Reno, NV and Justin will be streaming the event.

Justin is incredibly good at what he does and has made a permanent imprint on the "pool world." I can't comment on the other speculation other than to say that Justin is a good guy and intelligent enough to do whatever he chooses.

I am excited to be a part of the CSI team and there will be much more information coming in the near future. Changes are in the making. Thank you.

What up Wiz? My name is Andrew and I like Turtles. Nice to meet you.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Hello folks!

Congratulations on the new position/promotion!

It's always great to bring some new blood and fresh ideas to the endeavor. Best of luck!