Tascarella owners club only entire here !

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A different perspective...
I've found the Tascarella shop to be unerringly professional, courteous, helpful, communicative, and accommodating.
Included here is a pic of the caps that Alton Takata made for the cue the Tasc shop is making me. Pete Jr was really pleasant & helpful in providing veneer material & thick NS rings for the project (I didn't expect or allow it to be for free), and Alton & I very much appreciated it.
Look forward to the cue being finished, but it'll be a while yet.
Thanks to my friend, Alton, for all his efforts. Always a pleasure.
My Tasc Cue Caps Presentation Picture.jpg

Chairman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some pics of my recent projects. These were all a bit off the typical beaten path for Tascarella.

From L to R:

-R- blank, ebony into African Blackwood
-R- 360 style, all ebony
Hawaiian Pheasantwood
Redwood Burl
Turkish Walnut - a project with only the wood choice and a budget and let Pete do the rest

Always a great to work with the Tascarella shop and looking forward to my next cue soon.

(Not sure why the pics posted twice - same three shots)

IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1908.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1910.JPG
    IMG_1910.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 148

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
New Tasc owner here. Funny story how I got it. A buddy wanted my cohen, and i said i would only consider selling if i had something else coming. He asked like what, i said a tasc as joke, but he knew someone selling one. Now i was on the hook, so i took a look liked it and bought it, and sold the cohen to fund it.

Great hit. My new player. It really suits my play, but i suspect it would suit anyones play.

New unchalked with 3 shafts. been in his colllection for a few years. 4 point ebony into straight grain maple. Yellow, grey, light green, dark green, black veneers. Smooth leather wrap.

Attachments

• 20210402_192651.jpg
    20210402_192651.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 20210402_192512.jpg
    20210402_192512.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 294

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ebony with a touch of Ivory which I had redone last year.....really nice guys to work with 👏 Looks great and hits 👌

Attachments

• 20201129_125710.jpg
    20201129_125710.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 20201129_125558.jpg
    20201129_125558.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 20201129_125523.jpg
    20201129_125523.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 200

phreaticus

New Tascarella owner here. Was originally seeking a high quality, but humble/non-bling full-splice with my preferred weight/balance specs - ended up forking out pretty heavy $$ for this thing - but it's turned out to be pretty amazing. Custom full splice, Ebony into BEM, wrapless, bumper-less, piloted 5/16-14, Ivory, 58" (29/29"), 13 mm shafts. It's wonderful with the original shafts, but I play it with a Meucci CF shaft. Didn't like the bumperless feel & couldn’t get comfortable playing with no bumper - so I had AZB member @blokid create a custom bolt/bumper - which fined tuned the weight/balance perfectly for me and gave me a QR 8" extension that only weighs 2.2 oz. Part of the reason for posting this, is to help @blokid out - he's amazing to work with and highly recommended.

Cheers

IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg
IMG_1175.jpg

Last edited:

phreaticus

why did you buy it bumperless in the first place?
nice cue... (y)
Thx. I’m not the original owner, the dude that ordered it chose bumperless. I bought it because it was pretty perfect otherwise and I wanted to try a Tascarella and a bumperless 😃... the bumperless setup looks cool and it didn’t hit that much different, but its a very stiff hitting cue and for me it was just a bit too sharp with no bumper. The main issue was it just felt weird, provided no advantage, and I didn’t like babying the buttcap. I bump and drag my cue a lot and don’t want to change my degenerate ways. And I already investigated bumper options before purchasing 😉

Cheers!

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

New Tascarella owner here. Was originally seeking a high quality, but humble/non-bling full-splice with my preferred weight/balance specs - ended up forking out pretty heavy $$ for this thing - but it's turned out to be pretty amazing and has become my daily player. Custom full splice, Ebony into BEM, wrapless, bumper-less, piloted 5/16-14, Ivory, 58" (29/29"), 13mm shafts. It's wonderful with the original shafts, but I play it with a 30", 12.5 mm Meucci CF shaft. I personally didn't like the bumperless feel of the hit, and could not get comfortable playing with no bumper - so I had AZB member @blokid create a custom bolt/bumper - which fined tuned the weight/balance perfectly for me and gave me a QR 8" extension that weighs only 2.2 oz. Part of the reason for posting this, is to help @blokid out - he's amazing to work with and highly recommended.

Cheers,

P

View attachment 592399View attachment 592401View attachment 592403
BLASPHEMY. Playing with a Meucci CF shaft on a Tascarella?
Round up a straightjacket and prepare the rubber room. LOL
Beautiful cue, enjoy it! (with whichever shaft you like)!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some pics of my recent projects. These were all a bit off the typical beaten path for Tascarella.

From L to R:

-R- blank, ebony into African Blackwood
-R- 360 style, all ebony
Hawaiian Pheasantwood
Redwood Burl
Turkish Walnut - a project with only the wood choice and a budget and let Pete do the rest

Always a great to work with the Tascarella shop and looking forward to my next cue soon.

(Not sure why the pics posted twice - same three shots)

View attachment 590658View attachment 590659View attachment 590660
What budget did you give them for the walnut one? I guess you need to be a Tascarella frequent flyer to get that treatment I asked him to do that and he flat refused.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great pick up, Don. I looked at that listing over and over, but I’ve got a new Tasc hitting the ground late summer.
Everything to live about this one. Enjoy!!!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to get a second Tasc but I am not sure which way to go...sometimes I think really simpler, other times fancier than the 4 pointer I have...thing is I have so many cues it would be purely collecting at that point

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to get a second Tasc but I am not sure which way to go...sometimes I think really simpler, other times fancier than the 4 pointer I have...thing is I have so many cues it would be purely collecting at that point
I am a hard core cue user and am never fully comfortable playing with fancier cues. If I ever get to a point where I want to own several cues I would probably try to design something traditionally fancy by Tascarella. It might also be cool to have a collection of several Tascarella Merry Widow cues in different woods (Brazilian Rosewood, BEM, Ebony, Curly Maple, Burl,.....).

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great pick up, Don. I looked at that listing over and over, but I’ve got a new Tasc hitting the ground late summer.
Everything to live about this one. Enjoy!!!
Thanks, this one ticks all the boxes for me, steel joint, no ivory, leather wrap, and like all Tascarella cues great hitter.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a hard core cue user and am never fully comfortable playing with fancier cues. If I ever get to a point where I want to own several cues I would probably try to design something traditionally fancy by Tascarella. It might also be cool to have a collection of several Tascarella Merry Widow cues in different woods (Brazilian Rosewood, BEM, Ebony, Curly Maple, Burl,.....).
Yeah my Tascarella is not really fancy, but I am still uncomfortable playing with it in certain places for league. I just got a Diviney custom sneaky for that purpose. I have actually been toying with the idea of a Permambuco one piece butt as a cue. Not cored but with a wrap maybe leather. Would be an awesome player I think.

Attachments

• IMG_20190809_110100.jpg
    IMG_20190809_110100.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 161