Tastiest Kamui yet.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Any shaft that needs a pad it seems would benefit from this... ivory ferrules.

Except all that were made with pads have them already installed and then you have to sell them on the idea of the look. BTW, Jerry McWorter(who has done thousands of ivory ferrules) has NEVER used a pd.

The flyer said they wouldn't be available until May. I suppose if you are liked you could get them sooner.

As I looked at my tiny box of Kamui tips(which use to be a lot larger) it was easy to see I had about 200 worth of stock left. Not much, but enough of each to be able to do jobs when people asked for them. I don't see myself spending another 100.00 or so to keep these in stock when I can't pitch a sales technique I believe in. If you can make me believe this will help a player over a regular Kamui tip then I'm in!!! So far the responses were "so this makes it easier for you to install??"

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Any shaft that needs a pad it seems would benefit from this... ivory ferrules.
yes Bob, I metioned that in similar thread in Main forum, but did not here.

So far the responses were "so this makes it easier for you to install??"
and my feeling is quite the opposite, like I expressed in aforementioned post #7 of an old thread. So I don't see any benefits except for alien look, that's gorgeous when you look at the tip through backlight. But is it justified enough both for a player and installer?

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
any news????????
need 5 Brown in S
thanks,
Ralf

I see them up on the website, but haven't tried to order any. I'm still waiting on the chalk holders I ordered last month... John has been in communication with me and said production is slammed. I REALLY wish they would list the items they don't have in stock as backordered. I don't like telling my customers "I ordered your stuff and it should be here within the week" only to be telling them 3 weeks later "I'm still waiting on Kamui".

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never use ferrules except on request. A while back a shaft I made started to split at the tip when the non-layered tip, installed with no pad, got thin and spread. My very knowledgeable customer heard the sound change and caught it immediately, so I put on a very thin masonh ferrule to repair it and gave him a fresh shaft since he likes ferrule-less better.
Since then I've used carbon fiber pads on everything. Belt and suspenders. What the hell.
But I've never had trouble installing Kamuis or anything else: sand, glue with jell, wipe, wait. Sand, glue, install, trim.
Done.
Stays on forever.
Don't need no discs.

Robin Snyder

DirtyIrish

Not even close to the OGs
Silver Member
Gotta remember John is going thru something than a tooth extraction without novocain

I see them up on the website, but haven't tried to order any. I'm still waiting on the chalk holders I ordered last month... John has been in communication with me and said production is slammed. I REALLY wish they would list the items they don't have in stock as backordered. I don't like telling my customers "I ordered your stuff and it should be here within the week" only to be telling them 3 weeks later "I'm still waiting on Kamui".

Alas poor John(yoric
He is taking the step most of us have made ( some more than onct.)
He is getting married
Also just FYI if you are looking forward to using the NEW tip get them ordered ASAP and don't promise customers a delivery date till you have them in hand
Just trying to help....
And factory is pumping out stuff but at a normal pace so as not to spoil quality ( yeah,that's all I'll say)
Irish

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Alas poor John(yoric
He is taking the step most of us have made ( some more than onct.)
He is getting married
Also just FYI if you are looking forward to using the NEW tip get them ordered ASAP and don't promise customers a delivery date till you have them in hand
Just trying to help....
And factory is pumping out stuff but at a normal pace so as not to spoil quality ( yeah,that's all I'll say)
Irish
Poor John? He is stoked he is getting married and I am happy for him.

Not sure what that has to do with collecting money for stock you don't have.....

Last edited: