Team Europe

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Job well done! Bravo to Team Europe! To Team USA, see you next year. We'll be back!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Team Europe. Well played and decisive victory!
No reason to think the Euro team will be any different next year, although a few players could be replaced with little if any drop in their overall domination.

As for the US team, even with all their weaknesses, I can’t foresee much change in our lineup other than adding Bergman and removing Deuel. I think Robinson clearly played well enough to be considered for future teams, and validated JJ’s decision to pick him.

At some point we may need to consider moving on from SVB, just like we had to eventually move on from other great players once they were clearly past their primes. If/when it happens, it’s hard to figure who replaces him as our team’s leader, with no world 9-ball titles to speak of. I guess it would have to be Skyler, as two time Mosconi Cup MVP.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No reason to think the Euro team will be any different next year, although a few players could be replaced with little if any drop in their overall domination.

As for the US team, even with all their weaknesses, I can’t foresee much change in our lineup other than adding Bergman and removing Deuel. I think Robinson clearly played well enough to be considered for future teams, and validated JJ’s decision to pick him.

At some point we may need to consider moving on from SVB, just like we had to eventually move on from other great players once they were clearly past their primes. If/when it happens, it’s hard to figure who replaces him as our team’s leader, with no world 9-ball titles to speak of. I guess it would have to be Skyler, as two time Mosconi Cup MVP.
With a FargoRating of 827, there is nobody to replace SVB.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh, it's hard to believe the doom-and-gloom after the dust settles that folks are saying SVB, et al., are all washed up. WTH!

Team Europe outperformed Team USA, no question about it, but there were some close matches. As well, that damn lag was a definitely factor. I always told my other half to practice the lag before a match to get the feel of how the table rolls. I'm not sure why Team USA didn't master the lags, but they sure did lose a lot of them. There were errors on both sides, though, not just Team USA.

I really enjoyed the commentary this year, and the production quality is the best I've ever seen in pool. The promos and video snippets were really fun. There were a lot of bright moments in this year's Mosconi Cup for me, even though we lost.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When the Billiards Congress of America kicked professional pool out of their portfolio, it hurt professional pool here in the United States. They are supposed to be the governing body of professional pool in North America. It's made up of industry members who need to invest more in pool here in USA. Look at how much money Matchroom, a British entity, is pouring into pool. The BCA industry members should recognize this and step up to the plate and join Matchroom in this effort. It's hard to get new blood in the American pool scene if our own American industry members don't give a damn.

The Queen's Gambit has put chess on the map. If only a new pool movie or series would come to the fore.

Here's the best photo of the Champs, as you can see all their faces.

Attachments

• 128610726_10217138243304307_4710886697877604057_n.jpg
    128610726_10217138243304307_4710886697877604057_n.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 97

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing he won't be #1 come next year. Lots of good players nipping at his heals.
I can’t see any American player playing Shane a longer race $ challenge match, 9-ball or 10-ball anytime in the near future, with the possible exception of Justin Bergman or Sky Woodward, and only if it is played on a bar table.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t see any American player playing Shane a longer race $ challenge match, 9-ball or 10-ball anytime in the near future, with the possible exception of Justin Bergman or Sky Woodward, and only if it is played on a bar table.

Oh, I wasn't referring to USA only, on a global scale.

As far as SVB being washed up, never said. Simply said he won't be #1 next year - globally.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole Mullet thing was so embarrassing and Sky has been talking about it for MONTHS! Mullet- SO F'N WHAT!?

PS-Next year the only hair Sky will have will be in the back/sides.

Last edited: