test

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Cardiff.htm

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Not really Mike. As explained, it gets interesting after the 3 ball, and though it looks intimidating, the player that does this drill daily will develop the proper knowledge to complete it successfully. It all comes down to familiarity. A player that practices this drill is not going to crap his pants during a match when he has a ball that needs to be cut down the rail from the position of the 7 ball. Torture would be the "T" Drill. I hate that one.

T

The Bank

Looks like an excellent drill Dave. I have been using this line-up on the rail as an exercise for banking but I will be working on this one tomorrow! However, I don't like the look of the 5 ball with running side.
Thanks for the new drill.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
It's actually not that bad of a route following three rails for the 6 ball. It's a real stroke tester, but not very hard if you bear down and stay with the shot all the way through. If you look at the drill, I have left the balls off of the rail enough for all of these shots to pocketed easily, without interference from the side pocket tips. I'd recommend practicng position both ways as it will boost your confidence when you see that you can actually do it.

jjinfla

Banned
BJ - How long have you had these problems with sleeping where you get up in the middle of the night with a new torture drill? I take it that the CB is supposed to go across the table and end up pretty near to where it is now for position on the two? And then further back for the 3 etc. What pocket is the 8 (if I was ever lucky enought to get that far) to go in? I was working on a drill in Socrates book where the ball is frozen on the 3rd diamond and the object is to have the CB go straight across the table and back and was getting pretty good at that so I will have to give this drill a try. Jake

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
The Ultimate Stop shot

This is a good stroke tester. Let me know your level of success with this shot.

Attachments

• 005 the ultimate stop shot.gif
    005 the ultimate stop shot.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 236
T

The Bank

It's like a walk in the park Dave - let's have another!

jjinfla

Banned
Not afraid of this one. Just don't ask me to draw the CB all the way back. Oops, you did say no drift left or right. hmmm another absolute stop shot. Don't you guys realize that there are no absolutes in life? LOL But I actually have better success on this shot than I do on Steve's 2 foot absolute stop shot in the center pocket. Jake