Texas BCAPL State Tournament - Harker Heights, Tx 12-15 Mar 2009

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2009 Texas BCA Pool Leagues
State 8-Ball Championship
(Bad Boy Productions will run the tournament)
March 12 -15, 2009
At Harker Heights E-Center

DEADLINE:
Entry forms MUST be postmarked by March 2nd

Play is on 80 Diamond Smart Tables

SINGLES Events

Singles will start Thursday, March 12th at 9:00am

Mens Open Entry Fee $60; Race to 5; Double Elimination;
Women Masters Eligible; TOP 16 will play in 2010 Masters
Womens Open Entry Fee $60; Race to 5; Double Elimination
Seniors (55+) Entry Fee $60; Race to 5; Double Elimination
Mens Masters Entry Fee $100; Race to 7; Double Elimination;
TOP 16 in 2008 BCA Texas Mens Open will play in Masters Division
CASH & Trophy for 1st and 2nd Place
Mens Trophy Entry Fee $30; Race to 5; Double Elimination
Womens Trophy Entry Fee $30; Race to 5; Double Elimination
Trophy & Prizes for 1st , 2nd & 3rd Place
Top 25% of the field will have to play in 2010 Open Division
Brackets and start times will be posted on www.playbca.com; Monday, March 9th


TEAM Events

Teams will start Saturday, March 14th at 9:00am

Mixed Open Entry Fee $175; Race to 13; Double Elimination
Open Women?s Entry Fee $175; Race to 13; Double Elimination
CASH & Trophies for 1st and 2nd Place Teams & Players
Trophy Men?s Entry Fee $75; Race to 13; Double Elimination
Trophy Women?s Entry Fee $75; Race to 13; Double Elimination
Trophies & Prizes for 1st , 2nd & 3rd Place
Top 25% of the field will have to play in 2010 Open Divisions

For more information email admin@sw8ball.org;

For ENTRY FORMS: www.sw8ball.org or www.playbca.com


low
 

Attachments

  • 2009_Texas_BCA_Pool_League_Flyer.pdf
    59.8 KB · Views: 213
  • BCA_Texas_State_2008_Mens_Open_Top_16.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm Just The Messenger

Papa Red said:
Can anyone play is this?

Hey Charlie,

I was asked to post this up yesterday, and since I do hang out here quite a bit (Gee, I wish I had more work to do in the office), I will probably end up answering most questions....either directly or after consultation with the TD.

Any current member of the BCAPL can play in this. You do have to be a BCAPL member either by way of playing in a BCAPL sanctioned league or by BCAPL membership.
 

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't Worry

rack'em zach'em said:
Just so no one says 3 months from now...Why did you schedule your tournament the same weekend? My Schedule was up on Monday before this was posted...Thanks

I don't think it will be a problem Zach. Everybody that plays BCAPL in the State and can afford to come will be there.....they always are.

I think last year had over 110 teams, I don't remember the numbers for mens singles but it was over 120.
 

mandersotx

"Show Me the Moni"
Silver Member
Yes Charlie You Can Play In the Texas BCA State

You qualify by playing in the DEL (Dallas EightBall League) which is BCA sanctioned---so you and everyone else that plays in DEL are good for this event.

Toodle-loo,
Monica
 

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ne14tennis said:
I don't think it will be a problem Zach. Everybody that plays BCAPL in the State and can afford to come will be there.....they always are.

I think last year had over 110 teams, I don't remember the numbers for mens singles but it was over 120.


I believe the mens singles had 214 players :D maybe I will do a little better this year. Hopefully we can get a strong team to compete this year as well ;)
 

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
I rack balls said:
I believe the mens singles had 214 players :D maybe I will do a little better this year. Hopefully we can get a strong team to compete this year as well ;)
Yeah, you do need to do a little better this year considering you did so poorly last year. :wink: :rolleyes:
 

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're Right

I rack balls said:
I believe the mens singles had 214 players :D maybe I will do a little better this year. Hopefully we can get a strong team to compete this year as well ;)

Eric, one of my friends mentioned last night that was over 200 male singles.

I hope it's even bigger this year
 

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
I heard there will be a Master's division but that division not only includes Master players, but also a certain percentage of the top finishers of the Open singles event from the Texas BCA State tourney last year.
 

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
I heard there will be a Master's division but that division not only includes Master players, but also a certain percentage of the top finishers of the Open singles event from the Texas BCA State tourney last year.
Really?? I know it was talked about, but never confirmed when I asked about that. Steve...any insight??
 

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
9Ball_JJ said:
Really?? I know it was talked about, but never confirmed when I asked about that. Steve...any insight??

What's really bizarre, is, I heard a few months ago an email was sent out with that exact info, but I didn't get the email; it was mentioned to me from Gallego that he received an email about it back then (maybe in Sept?).
 

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question Forwarded

akaTrigger said:
What's really bizarre, is, I heard a few months ago an email was sent out with that exact info, but I didn't get the email; it was mentioned to me from Gallego that he received an email about it back then (maybe in Sept?).

I forwarded the question and will reply when I get the answer.

I didn't hear that talked about last year.

Any questions I get that I can't answer go directly to the TD. Some questions are going to Robert Tabor but since he is not running it this year he won't have all the answers.

Some questions, probably like this one won't have an answer right away. I'm sure by the time the flyer is ready, all the details will be final.

The one thing I DO know is (Insert drumroll), its 13 days until Christmas and I still don't know what I'm getting :mad:
 
Last edited:

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
I heard there will be a Master's division but that division not only includes Master players, but also a certain percentage of the top finishers of the Open singles event from the Texas BCA State tourney last year.

Yea Tabor mentioned he might do that but I am not sure if it would be a good thing. I don't think I am going to make the singles for a 10-20 man tourney.
 

GroundHogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WoooWhooooo

I finally get to play in a singles and also found a team to play on this year!!!:thumbup:


P.S. As long as Evander Hollyfield isn't there to break my leg this year....all will be good!!!!:eek:
(we had a bad run-in @ Corpus event):cool:
 

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
GroundHogg said:
I finally get to play in a singles and also found a team to play on this year!!!:thumbup:


P.S. As long as Evander Hollyfield isn't there to break my leg this year....all will be good!!!!:eek:
(we had a bad run-in @ Corpus event):cool:
LOL. I forgot that he was there in Corpus. A buddy of mine ran into and struck up a conversation with one of the guys from Evander's entourage. Next thing I know, my friend came back giggling like a school girl talking about how he got to meet Evander Holyfield. :grin-square:
 

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, We Saw Him

9Ball_JJ said:
LOL. I forgot that he was there in Corpus. A buddy of mine ran into and struck up a conversation with one of the guys from Evander's entourage. Next thing I know, my friend came back giggling like a school girl talking about how he got to meet Evander Holyfield. :grin-square:

My daughter was in the elevator with him. Her boyfriend said to her, "I sure would hate to get hit by him". Evander replied, "I don't hit nobody for free".

Priceless.....:thumbup:
 

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournament Flyer and Details

Check the original post. The details and flyers are now available
 
Top