Texas Open Performance Ratings

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
DigitalPool has some cool statistics for the Texas Open. SVB (Shane VanBoening) performing at an unheard of 1060 Fargo rating! Insane. Oi (Naoyuki Oi) performing at 996! Morra rounding out the top 3 performers at 988. Given the strength of the field, the effective performance list is VERY impressive with a bunch of players performing at over 800 Fargo. Thanks DigitalPool for the statistics!

-td

Attachments

• Texas Open Performance Ratings.JPG
    Texas Open Performance Ratings.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 173

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Is there a link to the brackets anywhere? To have that many players over 828, I would assume there would need to be a lot of lopsided scorelines.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Is there a link to the brackets anywhere? To have that many players over 828, I would assume there would need to be a lot of lopsided scorelines.
If you follow the link to DigiPool in the opening message (it directs to Performance), simply browse to Bracket tab

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
If you follow the link to DigiPool in the opening message (it directs to Performance), simply browse to Bracket tab
Thanks, found it. There are indeed some lopsided score lines but I would be interested to hear from Mike if these were calculated properly.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no way that these "performance" calculations are done in accordance with actual Fargo methods.
At first, I thought that DigitalPool was doing a calculation similar to a new player rating, using a player's actual Fargo as a "starter" rating. Then, assumed the Texas Open matches provided a pool of players and results that comprised the "universe" of players (for pseudo Fargo calculation purposes).
But on further review of the "performance" tab, some of the Texas Open players don't show to have a Fargo rating (when they really do, such as James Davis, Sr.), and no "performance" rating was provided for those players. Therefore, the "performance" calculation ratings are incomplete.
I doubt if Mike Page could explain what the heck DigitalPool is trying to do.
It's up to DigitalPool to explain it.

levid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have received quite a few comments lately about how our "Performance Rating" calculation works. Based on the feedback from our users we decided to work with Mike Page to come up with a calculation more in line with how the Fargo Ratings system actually works.

If you look at the numbers for the Texas Open you will now see that Performance ratings are a lot closer to each players actual Fargo Rating. This goes for individual match calculations as well and each match has its own performance rating that uses the same calculation!

We hope everyone enjoys this feature and it's available by default for any tournament that includes Fargo ratings for each player using the "Skill Level" field.

Thank you to Mike Page for providing the magic and to our users for pointing out the need for some improvement!

-Digital Pool Team

Attachments

• player-performance-ratings.png
    player-performance-ratings.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 92
  • player-performance-ratings2.png
    player-performance-ratings2.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
We have received quite a few comments lately about how our "Performance Rating" calculation works. Based on the feedback from our users we decided to work with Mike Page to come up with a calculation more in line with how the Fargo Ratings system actually works.

If you look at the numbers for the Texas Open you will now see that Performance ratings are a lot closer to each players actual Fargo Rating. This goes for individual match calculations as well and each match has its own performance rating that uses the same calculation!

We hope everyone enjoys this feature and it's available by default for any tournament that includes Fargo ratings for each player using the "Skill Level" field.

Thank you to Mike Page for providing the magic and to our users for pointing out the need for some improvement!

-Digital Pool Team
Cool! Thanks for updating the “magic”! Much appreciated!