The Best 10 -1 Pocket Players in the World ???

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's crazy then how he keeps winning 1 pocket for cash.
I'd think that would influence some opinions...

Ok. After a nationwide FBI search we found one person who has Tony ranked #1.

That’s not ment to knock Tony. It’s just that when they go for Tony no one can beat him. I’ve watched a few times where Tony just isn’t as consistent. Like when he let Justin beat him in New Orleans. There’s no way that should have happened, but it did.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That’s not ment to knock Tony. It’s just that when they go for Tony no one can beat him. I’ve watched a few times where Tony just isn’t as consistent. Like when he let Justin beat him in New Orleans. There’s no way that should have happened, but it did.
This event might help you guys decide who #1 really is.

If you like One Pocket this is as good as it gets, you don't want to miss this one guys.

Get your bets down :)

Huge money on the line and Double J Jeremy Jones doing expert commentary breaking down the shots and strategies.

43371789_341822613057419_3533161516415057920_n.jpg

shoxy

Registered
Don't get me wrong, Tony is very entertaining to watch but in my opinion - it's not even close to the Alex's game. :embarrassed2:

No offense to Tony, his 1P game is phenomenal to watch.. but Alex is just an overall more consistent player, the kicks, the banks - The Lion's got it all.

Its a very steep mountain to climb to fight the king of the jungle.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Don't get me wrong, Tony is very entertaining to watch but in my opinion - it's not even close to the Alex's game. :embarrassed2:

No offense to Tony, his 1P game is phenomenal to watch.. but Alex is just an overall more consistent player, the kicks, the banks - The Lion's got it all.

TRex can bring it...maybe not as consistent as Alex and Dennis.
...but when he brings it, he can beat everybody.

The first race to 40 against Dennis was the best long match I ever saw...
...Tony knew what he had to do....and he did it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a simply matter of approach to the game:
Alex finds his opening and exploits it.

Tony doesn't wait around. Just comes in line a barbarian.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

agreed, best long match i've ever seen. the first day of that match was just phenomenal. if tony brings that game i don't see how alex can win

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
What about JJ ???

I might just be too much of a fan to see, but no one puts Jeremy on the list somewhere?

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stick to planes and pool.
Your comedy is dry as a 1 pocket break. :p:thumbup:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with that. It’s the consistency that puts Tony at #3

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I agree with that. It’s the consistency that puts Tony at #3

I agree about the third position.

But Tony’s like a cannon at a poker game....know’s the game but over aggressive...
...takes lots of losses...but when he has a good night...wins the table cloth.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
agreed, best long match i've ever seen. the first day of that match was just phenomenal. if tony brings that game i don't see how alex can win

Alex it going to squeeze his head like a little grape. And outshooting him too.

Look and the flyer now, can you believe that is possible?

Funny game this pool is.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be a big job gathering as much past match data as possible for one pocket. But if somebody or a group wants to take it on, we would start a Fargo-like Rating specifically for one pocket. Would need date and match scores. If only a match winner is available, that is recorded as a 1-0 score. Don't really know how much data is out there...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be a big job gathering as much past match data as possible for one pocket. But if somebody or a group wants to take it on, we would start a Fargo-like Rating specifically for one pocket. Would need date and match scores. If only a match winner is available, that is recorded as a 1-0 score. Don't really know how much data is out there...
Too many intangibles in 1p for me, re fargorating it.

I'd rather se a crowd data pull on olde 9/10b matches. There are lots vids on the web and at our houses and it would be cool to see today vs yesterday, both individual performanc trends and general skill leve comparison.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This is a very long match. While I believe that Tony is the second best one-pocket player today, it's hard to imagine him, or anybody else, winning such a long match against Alex.