The best psr

dave st.pierre

dave st.pierre
If you want to see near perfect psr watch Hunter Lombarto & Kim Davinport that is what psr should look like! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think PSR's are stupid and necessary for folks that lack confidence.

The fact that you are saying that's what a PSR should look like, makes me laugh. Go tell Efren his PSR is wrong.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

The fact that you are saying that's what a PSR should look like, makes me laugh. Go tell Efren his PSR is wrong.

I agree. If my opponent misses a shot I run up to the table and fire away. Sometimes I hit the CB, but oftentimes I'll hit another ball (depends on which is closest to my chair, I guess). What's this business about "addressing the ball"? Does it have an street number and ZIP code or sumpin'?

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. If my opponent misses a shot I run up to the table and fire away. Sometimes I hit the CB, but oftentimes I'll hit another ball (depends on which is closest to my chair, I guess). What's this business about "addressing the ball"? Does it have an street number and ZIP code or sumpin'?

Damn straight. My personal objective is to never approach the table the same way twice. That way I'm able to see the most diverse set of outcomes possible.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For all those concerned, I have a DVD coming out this Summer. It's called "DAVE M/Pro 1 Secret's of the Outside Touch".

It covers everything you need to know to win a fat stack of fives from the drunks at the bar. I discuss how to sandbag in your local straight eight league and why you don't need one of those fancy sneaky peaks!

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I have to say, Hunter is one of the most boring players for me to watch, I'd rather watch Ralf or Mike Wong. He may have the best PSR, but what titles has he won with it?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
The best PSR is what best helps the individual...

If you want to see near perfect psr watch Hunter Lombarto & Kim Davinport that is what psr should look like! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

The BEST psr will be what works best for the individual to get them to focus on the right things at the right times. There is no BEST psr for everyone.

IMO, finding the right PSR is the final step to becoming a complete player.

Jaden

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Everybody even Efren has a pre shot routine. It's everything you do up till you strike the cue ball. Efren chalks his cue and then visualize his shot by doing an air stroke or two, and then gets down to his process. Watch any pro on youtube and they pretty much do the same thing each time they shoot. Now do they label it? Maybe not, but developing a cognitive PSR isn't stupid imo. BTW, everyone chokes every once in awhile (Efren dogged an 8 ball that cost me 50 against Earl several years ago). The top ones just don't it as often.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everybody even Efren has a pre shot routine. It's everything you do up till you strike the cue ball. Efren chalks his cue and then visualize his shot by doing an air stroke or two, and then gets down to his process. Watch any pro on youtube and they pretty much do the same thing each time they shoot. Now do they label it? Maybe not, but developing a cognitive PSR isn't stupid imo. BTW, everyone chokes every once in awhile (Efren dogged an 8 ball that cost me 50 against Earl several years ago). The top ones just don't it as often.

My sarcasm went right over your head...

See Jaden's post for the end all answer to the OP's claim.

The BEST psr will be what works best for the individual to get them to focus on the right things at the right times. There is no BEST psr for everyone.

IMO, finding the right PSR is the final step to becoming a complete player.

Jaden

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Do you even know what PSR even stands for?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you even read all the posts before you try to be witty? :kma:

Nothing witty about it. And, yes, I did read all the posts. Yet, instead of just answering, you had to come up with a smartass answer. Didn't think you knew, but I will give you a hint- there are two definitions of it. The key is in the first word.

By the way, what level has that no instruction, no knowledge stance got you to?

Ronson

Registered
By the way, what level has that no instruction, no knowledge stance got you to?

All the way to an APA 6 in 9 ball!! So impressive, I wish he would tell us more about the game...maybe we could learn something. Here are some more words of wisdom from DAVE_M

" I laugh every time I hear or read about a PSR (Pre-Shot Routine). That should be natural and have no thought to it. "

"If you think you need a DVD or lessons to show you what you are doing wrong, you're thinking too much."

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the way to an APA 6 in 9 ball!! So impressive, I wish he would tell us more about the game...maybe we could learn something. Here are some more words of wisdom from DAVE_M

" I laugh every time I hear or read about a PSR (Pre-Shot Routine). That should be natural and have no thought to it. "

"If you think you need a DVD or lessons to show you what you are doing wrong, you're thinking too much."

You mad?

Do some more stalking and you can find some videos of my play ;)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Everyone has a preshot routine... they just range from "nearly non-existent" to "highly tuned and structured." It doesn't have to be conscious, but a highly structured psr will deliver consistency as well as provide diagnostics when you miss. To say PSRs are hogwash basically says you have a very limited understanding of the finer aspects of run-out pool.

I asked Allison Fisher what made her speed go from some schlep like me to a world champion. Without hesitation she said preshot routine. Seemed to work for her, eh?

Last edited: