The Driller!

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this. There is not maybe a handful of people that I have played more pool with. Never had any arguments - just

played pool. 9 ball. Gary was a hoot to associate with and just to know.

Was a fellow Vietnam vet. We have lost a true pool competitor. What a character. RIP, Gary 🙏

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this. There is not maybe a handful of people that I have played more pool with. Never had any arguments - just

played pool. 9 ball. Gary was a hoot to associate with and just to know.

Was a fellow Vietnam vet. We have lost a true pool competitor. What a character. RIP, Gary 🙏
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad day in Okla City! Gary Drennan THE DRILLER has passed away! No details. Everybody’s pal and a heck of a player! RIP Driller!
Really sad news! Watching Gary playing and woofing was always fun. He was always friendly and was one of those guys who you were always glad to see.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's terrible news. I had the privilege to watch him gamble in Olathe years ago and got to play him in a New Years Day tournament in Chanute KS just last year. Nice guy and good player. RIP "Driller"

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember one time the Driller had a BUNCH of Budweisers and went off on this tirade about AgentOrange. If only there was a smartphone handy. Everyone in the joint was laughin' their ass off. For quite a while after a lot of people 'round here just knew him as 'AgentOrange'. Mind you, i'm in no way trying to lessen the effects of that stuff but you just had to see Driller in gear. Too funny. He'll be missed.

MachineGunKelly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the pleasure of experiencing an "Agent Orange" outburst from Driller at the old Road Dogs in north OKC. Absolutely hilarious. Driller was a character and a solid guy he will be missed.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me and my high school friends played at art’s cue for a few years around 1980. i remember art, his wife, and the guy at the desk, maybe his name was chuck. seems like both art’s had a snooker table?

rip driller

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sad to hear we lost a legend in the Oklahoma City pool world. I played Gary many times when I lived there and a few times when I went back to see family during the holidays. He was a character and had a ton of heart to hang in during a tough matchup. I remember going in with a friend to stake both sides of a one pocket match with him and Fast/Crazy Eddie (car salesman with a big stroke and bigger personality) just to watch the fireworks. It was worth every penny we spent sweating that match.

RIP Driller, you were one of a kind.

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
I've had the pleasure of experiencing an "Agent Orange" outburst from Driller at the old Road Dogs in north OKC. Absolutely hilarious. Driller was a character and a solid guy he will be missed.

God help us anytime Gary and Danny Harris ever got together. That was a BS session worth recording for sure. Now both are gone. I actually worked for Danny a little while. Ran Road Dogs when he was home (though most of the time he just came in anyway). I miss Danny. I haven’t been out there since 2005. Hate to hear about Driller passing. Damn shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk