" The Freezer's " new EPIC poolroom!!!!!

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Great for pool and for everyone involved. I wish everyone attached, the best of success! Scott, your commitment to the game and to improving the level of pool is amazing.

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for him

Hopefully, the room will be a success. God knows with all the rooms that have been closing down it is great to see a new room open (even if it on the other side of the country).

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
This is happening for sure. Around a month or so ago I was with Scott checking out the location and its a very good one. I will give everyone a little back story leading up to all of this.

Scott was the house pro at Kolbys in Tempe which is a great old style pool room. Scott's pay for being a house pro was a discount on his food and free table time, they also got the usage of his Diamond table that has 4 1/8 inch pockets. He always represented this poolroom wherever he went including having the announcer mention him being the house pro for TV matches on Accu-Stats at Derby, US Open and many events even though he was never given a dime from them.

The owners sold the room earlier this year and didn't tell Scott or I anything, we found out from a manager who had a little bit too much to drink while we were in a tournament in Tucson. So there was some personal stuff there and Scott was certainly upset about it because he was supposed to be given the option to buy the place or bid on it if it went up for sale. Scott gave a ton of years to that pool room with nothing given back to him even with his table generating tens of thousands of dollars for the many years it was there.

The owners were friends of both of ours so it was disappointing as we had a vested interest in the place both promoting it for years and years at no pay which certainly benefited them greatly as far as the promotion side of it all. We never got so much as a thank you.

I try and look at the positive side of things whenever I can and said to Scott what did you really lose?, because in reality you can only gain from here and be a real house pro which includes being paid for such. I mean you can go from getting 0 to something for your talents locally, this was the opening he needed because his loyalty got him nothing. He went to Mike Bates at Bull Shooters and did just that and its turned into a great thing for Scott and that room.

I am glad that Scott with Jason and Mike are making this happen because I think it will do very well as the location and building are ideal. I am also very happy to have a small part in it and will do my best as one of the managers there. This room will have it all, pool and darts, full bar, great food and of course lots of events happening.

It will be a players room without question with top notch equipment but lets face it because what really supports a room of this size are leagues, recreational players and those who want to have a good time like the the 70,000-80,000 college kids around the corner. I do think it will be successful and have high hopes for it.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree but at least its something. A part of a livelihood after pool ideally. I just wish the guy good luck. Most pros have it pretty tough after pool.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Sad to hear Kolbys shut down too. I have played some great matches there. Looking forward to the new place and hope there won't be any hold ups (liquer licensing and such). Like I said earlier to, it's nice to see him invest in something that could pay him back with alot of effort.

Good luck to Scott, Lenny and everyone else involved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if they get the college crowd in there it can work...and bring in lots of fish. I'm sure it will be a great room.

this day and age money is tight with college students! Not like it was that i remember in the 80s! Back in day in winter months i had action all day at union. Many universities had unions for billiards & bowling!

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
It sure wouldn't be the first time some ones name was used opening up a new business. Johnnyt

Except that in this case the posting was by Freezer announcing a place using his own name, so what's the problem? Not to mention he mentions the names of the other guys and even signs it with three names and calls it "SJM Ventures".

But, good thing Detective Johnnyt is on the case :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This is happening for sure. Around a month or so ago I was with Scott checking out the location and its a very good one. I will give everyone a little back story leading up to all of this.

Scott was the house pro at Kolbys in Tempe which is a great old style pool room. Scott's pay for being a house pro was a discount on his food and free table time, they also got the usage of his Diamond table that has 4 1/8 inch pockets. He always represented this poolroom wherever he went including having the announcer mention him being the house pro for TV matches on Accu-Stats at Derby, US Open and many events even though he was never given a dime from them.

The owners sold the room earlier this year and didn't tell Scott or I anything, we found out from a manager who had a little bit too much to drink while we were in a tournament in Tucson. So there was some personal stuff there and Scott was certainly upset about it because he was supposed to be given the option to buy the place or bid on it if it went up for sale. Scott gave a ton of years to that pool room with nothing given back to him even with his table generating tens of thousands of dollars for the many years it was there.

The owners were friends of both of ours so it was disappointing as we had a vested interest in the place both promoting it for years and years at no pay which certainly benefited them greatly as far as the promotion side of it all. We never got so much as a thank you.

I try and look at the positive side of things whenever I can and said to Scott what did you really lose?, because in reality you can only gain from here and be a real house pro which includes being paid for such. I mean you can go from getting 0 to something for your talents locally, this was the opening he needed because his loyalty got him nothing. He went to Mike Bates at Bull Shooters and did just that and its turned into a great thing for Scott and that room.

I am glad that Scott with Jason and Mike are making this happen because I think it will do very well as the location and building are ideal. I am also very happy to have a small part in it and will do my best as one of the managers there. This room will have it all, pool and darts, full bar, great food and of course lots of events happening.

It will be a players room without question with top notch equipment but lets face it because what really supports a room of this size are leagues, recreational players and those who want to have a good time like the the 70,000-80,000 college kids around the corner. I do think it will be successful and have high hopes for it.

I'm glad you're involved, Lenny....you are an asset to any room.

...and, good post, ....tells the story.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Except that in this case the posting was by Freezer announcing a place using his own name, so what's the problem? Not to mention he mentions the names of the other guys and even signs it with three names and calls it "SJM Ventures".

But, good thing Detective Johnnyt is on the case :thumbup:

I think it's just called Ice House.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
This sounds like an awesome room. I wish it so much success that they have to put a location in my town. :thumbup:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, so after everyone's comments plus a new thread just started by someone it looks like Scott's new room is for real and should open soon. Congrats to Scott Frost on his new room " Ice House "! Sounds like it's gonna be awesome and I can't wait to check it out sometime in the near future. Does anyone have any kinda official open date?

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope that with Lenny involved they will design a TV table with good streaming equipment built in - like the Accu-Stats arena in the NJ room.

Or maybe two tables - a regular 4 1/2 in table for rotation games and Scott's tighter table for 1P.

stevelomako

President Jefferson Davis library, Beauvoir
Silver Member
It's good to see some of the "Bonus Ball" money being put to good use!

I wish them all the best and now maybe Scott will quit taking packs of cigarettes from me when I see him. Will the bouncers be Samoan? Lol

Nice to see people taking a shot with a pool room in the right area. Good luck guys.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just curious Lenny..Did Jimmy L. or his brother, give you any reason for intentionally leaving you and Scott out of the loop? Sure has changed my opinion of them :frown: