Tournament Green or Tournament Blue?

• Blue is the best

• Green is the best

• I am insane and I prefer red or black cloth

Results are only viewable after voting.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue. It goes with most chalk. Why a lot of cloth was green, and most chalk was blue is one of the most mind-bending dichotomies of pool ever.

But, it is an obscure sport.
Pool is an indoor version of an old,old game played outside on green grass.
When people wanted to play indoors the forerunner to modern pool tables was born.
The green cloth was like the green grass they played on.
To keep the balls from falling off the table they added "banks" hence the reason we bank a ball.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I can't vote either way, just got an Anniversary a few months ago and it's green, picked up another Anniversary a week ago(gotta go get it yet) and it may end up blue, or resold immediately lol.

Can't go wrong with either one.

Congrats

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The slate obviously

Sorry, jokes aside, the stretcher and pedestal assembly. The rigidity improvements with the right hardware are immediately noticeable
Well, when I rebuild a table with the same frame as used for your table, Anniversary, GC, I don't even mount the slate to the frame, so there's no need for all that extra bs, because you're still using wedges to level the slates, which i don't use either.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My slate is kinda pink and the backer boards have been stapled twice. It’s pretty much brand new.

If I put blue cloth on that table, please revoke my pool player credentials, take my cues, and burn me slowly at the stake. Thanks in advance

Fatboy<———old school

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The slate obviously

Sorry, jokes aside, the stretcher and pedestal assembly. The rigidity improvements with the right hardware are immediately noticeable
Have you had any work done to the frame those slates are going to be sitting on? The frame of the table has 100% influence on how level those slates are going to turn out. Is the frame crowned or sway back side to side, end to end? Has the frame been braced up around the outside edges to support the weight of lifting the slates should wedges be used to lift the slate for level? No matter how beautiful a pool table looks, it still comes down to playability, and WHO sets it up, because THAT will determine the true value of the table after the investment has been made, as to whether or not you have a turd spray painted gold!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My slate is kinda pink and the backer boards have been stapled twice. It’s pretty much brand new.

If I put blue cloth on that table, please revoke my pool player credentials, take my cues, and burn me slowly at the stake. Thanks in advance

Fatboy<———old school
So when do you want me to recover that anniversary with tour blue, next month?😅

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to grab that box. It’s in Vegas you have seen it. Was in my garage-not in Jay & my inventory.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, you showed it to me years ago, nicest ORIGINAL condition table I've ever seen.
I think the last time I saw it was with you. It’s in a storage in Vegas. I’m going to move it to Ca, not sure what the plan is then. Not going to polish it all up-it’s too “new” to do that. I think original is best on that specific box. If it was scratched up-polish is the plan.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think the last time I saw it was with you. It’s in a storage in Vegas. I’m going to move it to Ca, not sure what the plan is then. Not going to polish it all up-it’s too “new” to do that. I think original is best on that specific box. If it was scratched up-polish is the plan.
Everything i looked at was in pristine condition.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I forgot it was a Centennial, because I remember you saying you didn't want the polished mirror look.