The Nit Test ( How do you know if you are a nit )

smoooothstroke said:
I watched 2 other money matches that same night and both of them quit even.

Only in the scotch doubles match-up did anyone win anything.

Yes, you are right Jer. :D
 
"you might be a nit if . . ."

Sounds like a lot of folks that bellyache that they had to play at their best level to win. If they have to work hard to win they feel like they made a bad match-up. I get a chuckle out of the folks that almost always win their bets but complain loud and long that they had to outrun the spot to do it. Simple fact, if you are really making bad games you don't outrun the spot very often. Time will tell but the guy sounds suspiciously like one of those nits.

Hu



Milo said:
My husband got into a game a week ago. Guy giving him the 7 , race to 9for $100.00. My husband doesnt play on a regular basis,(works 50 hrs a wk) well he ended up losing 9-7. So just a few days ago, this guy comes up to me (not sure why he wanted me involved, LOL) and tells me he wont give him the 7 next time because he says, "he got lucky to win the set". LOL Hmmmm. This didnt make much sense to me. I told him,"how can you say you wont give him the 7 when YOU WON!!
Makes more sense to me to play the same game and if my husband wins then you can adjust. He might be a nit, I guess we will see.:D
 
Friday night the action is slow coming, so we get a cheapo partners 9 Ball game together. Ya know, play 5 racks with each guy. Playing for $1 on the 5 and $2 on the 9. My partner and I win the first 2 racks, up $6, and 1 opponent stands up and shouts thru the hall "who wants my spot?". No one replies so he quits and pays.

This is the same guy that I previously I gave the 7 and out to and lost 10 to 4. Friday night I asked for a rematch and he said "no, I need the 6. Your game has gotten better."

This is the guy that scratches any part of his body needed, on cue, when in your line of vision.

BAD ACTION AND PRIMO-NIT!!!! :angry:
 
Cannonball55 said:
This thread is for all card carrying nits out there in the pool world . As well as those of us that are in N.D. ( nit denial ) . A wise nit once said "To nit is an acquired skill" and it's true, it takes a unique indiviual to not only understand the art of nit, but to practice it with every opportunity. Some people are masters of nit, some even go to Nit school ( some local pool rooms ) and earn Masters and Doctorates in Nitology .....

Here's a test for those of u that may or may not have N.T. ( nit tendencies )

1. If u dig into the pay phone in your local room looking for any loose quarters ...

2. If the first thing u do when u walk into the PH is run to the action table and search for any coins wedged between the rail and surface and also coins up above the lights ...

3. If when someone asks u to play a game for a beer, u immediately ask them "do they have any draft specials?"...

4. If u don't ever get on time, u just approach someone playing at a table and pretend like u are teaching him/her something ( u are just trying to hit balls without getting on time )

5. If u consider $5 a game gambling ...

6. If u ***** and complain to the bar maid if the cokes are 25 cents more than they were last week ...

7. If u call losing $20 "goin off!" ...

8. If u smoke, yet u never, ever have your own pack of cigs or a lighter, u always go from guy to guy "hey buddy, can i bum a smoke?"

9. If u would'nt bet on Corey beating the 9ball ghost on a loosey goosey Gold Crown with basket pockets, all the while getting odds!...

10. If u always feel the need to save a dollar by getting a free cup of tap water instead of a bottle of pure water ...


3 out of 10?:smile:
 
Cannonball55 said:
10. If u always feel the need to save a dollar by getting a free cup of tap water instead of a bottle of pure water ...

I guess I just dont get the jist of bottled water.

Ken
 
it makes sense and it doesn't

Ken_4fun said:
I guess I just dont get the jist of bottled water.

Ken

Ken,

When you realize that the soft drinks that people are accustomed to buying are only a few cents worth of flavoring in water and the rest of the price is simply marketing, distribution and profit then it is easy to understand the similar price of bottled water.

In some cases the bottled water is superior to local tap water, in New Orleans for example, but often local tap water is actually superior to much of the bottled water. People still buy bottled water just for convenience and the name I guess. The best water I have had in years came straight from my deep well. Nothing added, no miles of nasty pipe to run through. I read how rough things were somewhere recently, no electricity and people still drank water from wells! Depending on the well that is hardly a hardship.

Hu
 
Back
Top