The One Pocket Challenge

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A new event at DCC this year is The One Pocket Challenge. Players will get five tries to see how many balls they can run. I posted a thread about it in the Main Forum.

It will run Jan. 6, 7, 8 in the same room that the Straight Pool Challenge is in. Come in and check it out. Steve Lomako and I are running it.
 
jay helfert said:
A new event at DCC this year is The One Pocket Challenge. Players will get five tries to see how many balls they can run. I posted a thread about it in the Main Forum.

It will run Jan. 6, 7, 8 in the same room that the Straight Pool Challenge is in. Come in and check it out. Steve Lomako and I are running it.

I've heard of this proposition before, but have never seen it played out. Can anyone diagram the "recommended" break shot for this?

Lou Figueroa
 
lfigueroa said:
I've heard of this proposition before, but have never seen it played out. Can anyone diagram the "recommended" break shot for this?

Lou Figueroa
I think no diagram is needed. Break firmly on the second ball with an angle that causes you to scratch. A half-ball hit is recommended.
 
Bob Jewett said:
I think no diagram is needed. Break firmly on the second ball with an angle that causes you to scratch. A half-ball hit is recommended.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so.

Lou Figueroa
needs to hang around
the wrong crowd a bit more
 
lfigueroa said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so.

Lou Figueroa
needs to hang around
the wrong crowd a bit more

With the second ball hit your chances of making a ball into your pocket are high if you can avoid the scratch.:cool:
 
vagabond said:
With the second ball hit your chances of making a ball into your pocket are high if you can avoid the scratch.:cool:


errr, what Bob is trying to say is: you don't want to avoid the scratch :-)

Lou Figueroa
 
lfigueroa said:
errr, what Bob is trying to say is: you don't want to avoid the scratch :-)

Lou Figueroa
And you would really rather hang a ball than make it on the break.
 
gabes break

Does anyone know how Gabe broke in his 60 ball one pocket set? I saw some breaks place the cue ball above the pack on the pocket side of the table and others left the cue ball below the pack.
 
Back
Top