The Pearl and T-Wheels CSI Adventure con't

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Well thank you for the nice things some of you PMed me, Reped me and posted about my last little blog. I am going to continue.

It was the best of times it was the worst of times.,. hold on thats someone elses material I think. this is not the most exciting day so I will keep it short. However We were up and on the road at 7.45 this morning. Ready to head out, bright eyed and bushy tailed we jumped in the car and began chatting about breakfast. McDonalds was going to be and so we decided to drive until about 10.15 and get McDonalds Breakfast as we really wanted McMuffins. So we talked about all kinds of things some that made sense and alot that didnt like Earl looking at every massive mountain along the way and telling me how if he had $$ he would build a mansion atthe top of it. Each time I had to burst his bubble by pointing out little facts like ... How you gonna get to it? Its gonna take you 5 hours to get McDonalds, How would you get water up there? He dismissed each of these facts with a plan he had that had as many problems as the idea itself. Anyway we get to a McDonalds right at 10.15 and we are HUNGRY, Not just hungry we want them McMuffins and nothing else will do. Well at some point in our little jaunt we crossed into a different time zone and its now 11.15 so as dissapointed as we were we still got big macs :)

Remember now that today we drove for over 14hrs and so there isn't alot to do but we did find that we have Sirius radio and played a little name that tune that was quite funny and I am not prepared to tell you how much money was lost. Anyway one thing that I did find funny and a picture that I unfortunatly can't get out of my head is this. One particular song came onand Earl told me "I used to do roller disco to this when it came out" Earl the Roller disco king?? Maybe my head has a vivid imagination but if anyone of you have seen the movie "Gold Member" there is a scene and the more I think about it the more I see Earl doing za roller boogie"

So as time passed we have talked about out fav shot, fav, color, fav car, etc. so we sit in a quiet contemplation of life and I see wild horses right on the side of the road. I say "EARL, YOU SEE THOSE WILD HORSES??" "Where?" "Back there, they were right on the side of the road"..... "Are you sure they wern't cows??" . Now I am not the smartest guy in the world but I know the difference between those animals, in fact I think I had that one down by the time I was 5yrs old. Earl laughed actually when he realized what he had said. So later he noticed a Eagle flying around and said "See that eagle?" I had to ask if he was sure it wasn't a elephant, I just could not help myself.

His hand is doing better and seems to be healing quit fast. Don't get me wrong its still bad but not as bad.

So finally we had a sing along together to such greats as "Your so Vain" and "Stayin alive" I am picturing what you must be picturing and yes thats exactly how it was. Pretty funny thinking about it now.

So we are in a place called La Grange, Oregon and in the hotel. We have another day of driving ahead of us but were thinking about stopping on the way tohit some balls for a hour to break the drive so if you know of anywhere between Tacoma and LaGrange please let me know. Hopefully these tales will get more interesting but driving all day don't really put us ininteresting spots. However we are "Staying Alive" out here.

Mark
 
Ok, just woke up and weare heading outat 8 today. So we should be in Tacoma around 1 or 2. I think that todays 5hr drive will seem like nothing after the last 2 days. Ok well thats it til tonight, John Schmidt arrives at 5.30 so we have to m,ake sure we are there to pick him up too.
 
Man ure gonna have some awesome memories of the Pearl!!! ill be driving from San Jose Ca to vegas to texas on wed next week wish we could meet id buy u all grub!
 
Man ure gonna have some awesome memories of the Pearl!!! ill be driving from San Jose Ca to vegas to texas on wed next week wish we could meet id buy u all grub!
Look at the schedule you may be able to catch us in Las Cruses if you time it right. Letme know.
 
Hey Mark, would love to do this again, but I'm sorry I won't be able to make it Mon 8/23 in Abq at Doc & Eddys....I have to work, maybe I can get out for the exhibition that night. If there's anybody in northern NM reading this, this is an opportunity that may never come by again!
:p
 
Back
Top