The Philosophical Mosconi Cup Issue

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the Asian Countries will someday dominate all team pool events if they use a format that is more than "races to 5," especially playing "lucky one foul" rules.

Let's face it, the USA pool players are great individual players, and not great team players.....there's nothing wrong with that, the same can be said of many golf and tennis players. Usually when talented kids gravitate towards individual type sports it's because they are not "wired" to play on teams.

We're all "wired" differently, that's what makes the world most interesting..variation....if we weren't it would be like a planet of "androids" (although Ralf and Shane may be) ;) . 'The Game is the Teacher'

You can rewire things you know. Sounds like another excuse to me. Just face it the world has caught up and past the US in almost every aspect of every cue sport. IT sucks, but there is only one thing to do about it. Get better.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Without funding no sport will survive, pool's not the exception

You can rewire things you know. Sounds like another excuse to me. Just face it the world has caught up and past the US in almost every aspect of every cue sport. IT sucks, but there is only one thing to do about it. Get better.

The players today are not anywhere near what they were in the 80s and 90s. There was so much more action and money in the Game back then......because pool was on TV on a weekly basis. Several players were making over 100k a year in sponsorship alone, now the top 10 combined aren't making 50k in sponsorship...something is obviously wrong with this equation. Without funding no sport will survive, pool's not the exception, it's the "sample example". 'The Game is the Teacher'

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The players today are not anywhere near what they were in the 80s and 90s. There was so much more action and money in the Game back then......because pool was on TV on a weekly basis. Several players were making over 100k a year in sponsorship alone, now the top 10 combined aren't making 50k in sponsorship...something is obviously wrong with this equation. Without funding no sport will survive, pool's not the exception, it's the "sample example". 'The Game is the Teacher'

of course a sport needs funding. Pool had funding and the players did whatever they could to screw it up. Instead of thinking long term and taking less at the beginning so a tour would fund itself long term, the players wanted everything right then and now they wonder why there isnt anything left.
No one can tell me there hasnt been many people over the years who have tried to put money into pool only to be cheated or just shit on.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
it's not even possible

of course a sport needs funding. Pool had funding and the players did whatever they could to screw it up. Instead of thinking long term and taking less at the beginning so a tour would fund itself long term, the players wanted everything right then and now they wonder why there isnt anything left.
No one can tell me there hasnt been many people over the years who have tried to put money into pool only to be cheated or just shit on.

These so called "players" that you refer to don't even exist. What goes on behind the scenes is much different than what's reported. There will be a day when these "things" are revealed.......all in order.

Last edited:

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a USA fan, but we never complained about anything when we were winning the tournament.

I say stop complaining and start practicing, nothing is fair in this world, you have to work hard to get what you want.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how much time Team USA spent working out with each other? Did they really put an effort into having a strategy? Did Johnny have too much on his plate by playing and being the captain? They didn't appear prepared for the event. It was hard to watch them all playing so poorly. Next year they should hold hands and have a KUMBAYA moment before they start playing.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we better start practicing, their rules are a bit more extreme if you lose

I am a USA fan, but we never complained about anything when we were winning the tournament.

I say stop complaining and start practicing, nothing is fair in this world, you have to work hard to get what you want.

There's no "losers" in the Mosconi Cup......2nd place makes more than most tournaments pay for first place....HOWEVER------->>>Next year we play the team from Soviet Russia.....we better start practicing, their rules are a bit more extreme if you lose. ;) 'The Bullet is the Teacher'

bfe0eb3f30e36f12bc5ade3828e0855b.jpg