The Right Shoe whats ideal for pool

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Everyone's feet are different. You need to go to a store that has trained sales people such as The Walking Company. Try on various styles and makes. If it feels great buy it. If it doesn't keep looking. You should never buy a shoe to break it in. The shoe should feel great as soon as you put it on. What you need is a walking shoe or one for standing non impact. Athletic shoes are made for impact and not for long periods of standing.

Google proper shoes or how to get the proper shoe. Here is a site with some good info

http://www.pennlive.com/bodyandmind/index.ssf/2009/02/getting_the_right_fit_gets_hig.html

I agree with your post, ENTIRELY, except you shouldn't necessarily stop at buying shoes from a local store.

There are no local stores in my area that carry Mephistos shoes and so I had to order from the Internet.

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
right shoes

i guess i shoulda named that thread "whats your favorite shoe to play in" as opposed to the "right" shoe. I like rocports w/ vibramsoles and light nike runners i wear a size 12 and some of those running shoes hurt my feet. i have also found that wolverine boot/shoes r quite comfy even with the weight i think its more about comfort than weight .as joey mentioned i also would like to say that i also suffer from \dvt/rare blood disorder and it causes my feet to swell after bein up on thm for several hours then it becomes a weight factor as opposed to a fit factor well i figured we woulda seen a lil more outrageous shoe pics from cue collector/players. i absolutely loved them bacon shoes i laughed for a half hr over that! well thanks azers for takin part in such an informative thread! now maybe we can do somethin about these god awdful 3 button pullovers we have to play in! stripes dont make us big boys look slim i sure love pool tees that show off billiard industry. well gotta surf for awhile l8er gators!:thumbup:

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Light shoes

This is what I wear all the time when I play:
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...t=10&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:10&tx=73&ty=54

There are very very comfortable, light, keeps your foot almost dry and the cushions are not very strong so you won;t feel the pressure of your weight. They only cost me 60$/pair.

PS: The secret of choosing your shoes is based on your weight. I am a 100 kilos so I need something with a solid sole, but very light and extendable.

Your choice, but remeber that your feet are the most important thing when you are talking about comfort.

JoeyA

Silver Member
i guess i shoulda named that thread "whats your favorite shoe to play in" as opposed to the "right" shoe. I like rocports w/ vibramsoles and light nike runners i wear a size 12 and some of those running shoes hurt my feet. i have also found that wolverine boot/shoes r quite comfy even with the weight i think its more about comfort than weight .as joey mentioned i also would like to say that i also suffer from \dvt/rare blood disorder and it causes my feet to swell after bein up on thm for several hours then it becomes a weight factor as opposed to a fit factor well i figured we woulda seen a lil more outrageous shoe pics from cue collector/players. i absolutely loved them bacon shoes i laughed for a half hr over that! well thanks azers for takin part in such an informative thread! now maybe we can do somethin about these god awdful 3 button pullovers we have to play in! stripes dont make us big boys look slim i sure love pool tees that show off billiard industry. well gotta surf for awhile l8er gators!:thumbup:

Are you going to make it to the BEST WEEKEND BAR TABLE TOURNAMENT IN AMERICA, at White Diamonds Tournament March 10, 11th in Lafayette, LA?

Don't try slipping through the grass without letting ole JoeyA know because I will be watching for big guys with size 12 shoes. :D

JoeyA

Silver Member
Amazon has the Mephisto Match shoe on sale right now for $249.95 instead of the $349.95 price. Now I've got a brown and black pair to wear.

Don't forget to send JoeyA his Vigorish. :D

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Bare foot all the way... No but seriously right shoe? just pick something comfortable if you get sore from standing long, or just get some pads :thumbup:

JoeyA

Silver Member
Needs vary..........

The bottom line is that each person's feet are unique and different shoes will offer different properties that will affect how the shoe feels on each foot. It is up to each person to work out there own salvation.

I heard one pro player mention that he gets his playing shoes from the twenty dollar store, so.... each to his or her own.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I wear my trusty Doc Martins... On the little heavy side but I am a good 2 inches taller in them than a pair of runners... Being 6'2" with the added 2" from the shoes I don't ever need the mechanical bridge...... Bah... Forgot I had a birthday in December so I may be down to 6'1".... Least the height is all thats shrinking so far..... Well that and the hairline......

scooter_banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most comfortable shoe EVER!!

Puma Super Elevate
The most comfortable shoe I have ever put on my feet!

puma.jpg:grin: