"The Secret Of Pool" Thread

K.Mcphee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's only a secret if you don't know about it and there are quite a few but most have been posted on this forum.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the Secret Of Pool thread. Here, if you are lucky, you will stumble upon the secret of pool.

Here are the rules:

If you think you know what the secret of pool is, then post it.
The top 100 "secrets" and "gems" of pool can be found here:

IMO, the most important are:
- practice
- focus
- find and consistently align your vision center
- use a consistent and effective pre-shot routine

Regards,
Dave

champ2107

Banned
IMO, the most important are:
- practice
- focus
- find and consistently align your vision center
- use a consistent and effective pre-shot routine

Cte/pro1 will 100% help with the above bold, I think thats its biggest plus!

Last edited:

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it hasn't already been posted, the secret is that there are no secrets. Now, get out there and see how far your natural ability can take you. Over.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The secret is to make the object ball go into the pocket almost every time it's your turn. (I didn't say always due to the fact we are all human and humans make errors, hence we cannot pocket balls every time).

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10% technique 90% psychology.

Understand yourself better.

I am sorry DGEM. you either new to the game, or pro do not want to tell others, the fact is it is all technique, and for you only i'd say 10% psychology
seriously.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sorry DGEM. you either new to the game, or pro do not want to tell others, the fact is it is all technique, and for you only i'd say 10% psychology
seriously.

Well you quoted someone so I guess I'll quote you and tell you why you're wrong... your technique goes to sh*t if you can't control your nerves.

That said.

1. learning how to calm yourself in the heat of the moment
2. knowing how to stay calm
3. knowing how to mentally keep yourself in the game
4. it's all in your head, so read up on how to control your head.
5. meditate

ThePoliteSniper

Fruitshop Owner
Silver Member
I agree with naji. Your technique is the basis for your game. Without it you are nothing. It defines what you are able to do on the table. So don't underestimate the importance of a good technique (<- secret :ignore:)!
You can meditate, talk to yourself and try control your head all day, but if you can't shoot straight it's a waste of time.

btw, the first thing that goes to shit under pressure is your speed control.

Last edited:

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
ONE SHOT?
Very simple: just make your next shot.
A little more seriously: Get a professional lesson or lessons BEFORE all your bad habits are deeply ingrained.
Donny L
BCA/ACS Instructor
Gainesville, Fl

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you quoted someone so I guess I'll quote you and tell you why you're wrong... your technique goes to sh*t if you can't control your nerves.

That said.

1. learning how to calm yourself in the heat of the moment
2. knowing how to stay calm
3. knowing how to mentally keep yourself in the game
4. it's all in your head, so read up on how to control your head.
5. meditate

Sorry Paksat, nerves and controlling yourself has nothing to do with pool, simply put, remember the things that used to wow you when you were a a little kid, and as you grow up and learn that they are not big deal anymore, same thing with pool. you have about 2000 frequent types of shots on the table, if you do not apply knowledge (i call it secrets) to each and every shot you will miss. If you want to be good player, you have to ignore all items 1-5, and learn instead, why you miss every shot. I know You are not going to believe what i say until you reach that level, trust me i have been there done that. However, not having enough sleep, sick, or something effect your mental thinking is different subject.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Willie was asked and he said "don't miss".

Efren was asked and he said "concentration".

There you go.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the basic, mechanical fundamentals, speed of stroke is most important.